Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Venom himself looks dope. I'm still concerned over how much Venom we actually get in the movie though.

Supposedly alot who he’s fighting be still dont know

There rumors its either the Five Symboite- Scream, Lasher, Phage, Agony, Riot....

And also another Rumor Carnage makes a appearance

I would perfectly fine watching Tom Hardy do a slow descent into madness.More of a drama and some action.

That's what I always wanted, although I always thought it should be a new character who is an astronaut and came in contact with the symbiote and is going through like PTSD trying to adjust back to normal life. And thinks the voice in his head is just a symptom of trying to cope.

I wouldn't mind either or-- Either full out VENOM or something like you described. What I don't want is them kind of playing in muddy waters. Like.. wanting to do a more drama based movie but knowing people want Venom so they just throw him in there a bunch just for shits and giggles.

I would perfectly fine watching Tom Hardy do a slow descent into madness.More of a drama and some action.

That's what I always wanted, although I always thought it should be a new character who is an astronaut and came in contact with the symbiote and is going through like PTSD trying to adjust back to normal life. And thinks the voice in his head is just a symptom of trying to cope.

Eddie Brock is the more Recognizable name who was the host of venom

Sadly I got spoiled majorly for Avengers: Infinity War. I'm gonna try not to let it affect my viewing (I don't know most of the comedy at least), I do like how it sets up the MCU after.

Happy 80th anniversary to Superman.

Action Comics #1000... that's incredible.

Edited by BigBen07
  • Upvote 1

Late I know but I am catching up for Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy II = really good.

In the queue: Doctor Strange, Thor 3, Spidey HC (both on redbox w00t)

I also had part of Infinity War spoiled, not the whole movie thankfully just some important stuff in the beginning but still it pisses me off how people have to be dicks with spoilers online lol. Makes me want to stay off the internet until Friday, yet here I am. Nonetheless, all aboard the hype train. I can't believe this movie is actually about to be released.

Late I know but I am catching up for Avengers. Guardians of the Galaxy II = really good.

In the queue: Doctor Strange, Thor 3, Spidey HC (both on redbox w00t)

Those three are what I need to see as well.

Dunno why Doc Strange isn't available to stream on Amazon Prime...

I don't want to know full in-depth details or anything... lol. But where did you guys get spoiled at? Like at reputable big comics sites or something or maybe like reddit with people who got early showings?

Milla - That's messed up man, I watch lots of stuff on YT regularly, but went dark after Monday night, cause I know it will pop up almost ANYWHERE

Vin - Doc Strange is on Netflix :yep:

But I don't have netflix.

:fbm:

I don't want to know full in-depth details or anything... lol. But where did you guys get spoiled at? Like at reputable big comics sites or something or maybe like reddit with people who got early showings?

A guy who writes for Forbes posted an article which almost completely contained spoilers. I tried risking reading comments on a video, probably shouldn't have done that. -.-

And Reddit actually has scenes of the film (in decent quality) too.

But strangely, I'm still anxious to see how it all unfolds. You can't really spoil action set pieces on paper, and thankfully I only know just a few of the jokes.

Edited by Sparty

Wow, just wow. That movie was something else.

​I'm talking spoilers, don't click below if you haven't seen it yet. I know it's kind of obvious but for something this big I feel like it's worth saying.

​-Thanos was incredible here, even with all his backstory cut. I hope we get it as extras on the Blu Ray. He was brutal and intimidating but it was hard to hate him because he actually has a purpose beyond just being evil. I actually felt emotion in that scene where he threw Gamora off a mountain for the Soul Stone.
​-Speaking of that scene, HOLY FUCKING SHIT RED SKULL.
​-Thor had the best character arc in this movie, he has lost everything and it was awesome to see his journey throughout the movie. I also love how he just kept calling Rocket a rabbit the whole movie lol.
​-It was so awesome seeing Peter Dinklage as a giant dwarf, like can he get his own movie? lol
​-Surprised at the little screen time that Cap and his team got. I feel like a decent amount of it was cut, that scene with Natasha talking to Bruce in Wakanda while he's working on the Hulkbuster from the trailers was notably absent as well.
​-Action was on point, some of the best in the MCU so far.
​-So for the big giant spoiler, the end. As expected, Thanos wins and gets all the stones and then snaps his fingers to eliminate half of life in the universe. For all the talk of the OG Avengers dying, it was basically all of the newer characters that were victim of the finger snap. Black Panther, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange, all of the Guardians minus Rocket, Scarlet Witch, etc. I don't expect it to stay that way, but wow now the hype for A4 can begin.
​-Also, love the Captain Marvel tease in the after credits.
​-The only thing that disappointed me was a lack of Hulk, as we only really saw him in the opening sequence and it was all Banner, but we'll see how A4 handles this. I also feel they made Star Lord just a wee bit more cheesy than normal but that's just me.

​Bring on Avengers 4.

So, Infinity War sucked right? Like there were good parts, but as a whole, it sucked. I'd elaborate, but Imma wait for more people to see it before I go into deets.

Thor for MVP though

So, I'm starting to think that all the victims of the finger snap are not dead but their souls are in the soul stone. The stone has been known in the comics to have it's own soul world within it. They've barely touched on it's power but have called it the most powerful stone. I think these characters are in soul world basically. Gamora too since Thanos sacrificed her to the stone. I would say the other characters who died such as Heimdall, Loki and Vision will stay dead.

Seen IW twice....epic....have lots of issues with it.....loved alot of things.....Thanos carries it.

-------------

Best part about Infinity War...

Idris Elba is a free agent...Jon Stewart anyone???

Edited by butta54

More thoughts on Infinity War/speculation on Avengers 4

​-I'm convinced the soul stone is going to play a huge role in A4 and that it may be holding the souls of the snap victim characters plus Gamora. It's for sure being hyped up as the most unique and powerful stone, and it appears to have a mind of it's own. There's also a lot of speculation that the whole sacrifice something you love for the stone thing could be a plot point that plays into A4. Mainly people saying that Tony will make up with Steve and he be offered as the sacrifice to save the universe. I personally doubt this theory because Steve was very adamant about the whole "We don't do a life for a life" thing and it doesn't seem to fit his MO, but it would be an emotional and heroic way to send off Steve Rodgers permanently.

​-Doctor Strange CLEARLY has a plan and it involved Stark staying alive. He told him and Peter that he'd let him die before giving the stone up but then he gives the stone to save Tony. I think it's because the only scenario he saw in the 14 million where they won requires Tony to stay alive. He also knew Thanos would win and wipe away half of life, including himself, but it was the only way they'd win in the long run. Maybe Thanos doing what he did the way he did caught the attention of more powerful beings in the universe that will end up helping as well. Obviously Captain Marvel comes to mind especially with the post credits scene, but I'm thinking you may see Celestials or Eternals (especially since Feige confirmed an Eternals movie is on the table for Phase 4) become involved in A4. Regardless, Strange clearly knows something and I think it involves Stark, which leads to...

​-I think Tony Stark is the one who wields the gauntlet and "fixes" everything Thanos did. There's lots of theories of how he gets it, but I think it's obvious. The MCU began with Iron Man and since the first Avengers it feels like this seems to be his destiny. Plus Thanos even made an interesting comment about Stark during the fight on Titan. I can't remember the specific quote but he knew who he was and said something interesting about how they may be the same or something. Whether he survives into phase 4 is one thing, but I'm willing to bet that Tony Stark is the one who wields a gauntlet when it's all said and done. Possibly why Strange gave up the stone to save him.

​-It is no coincidence that the original Avengers are the ones who survived the snap. Avengers 4 has always been touted as the final hoorah for the original team so the snap kind of clears the tables a bit and makes it easier for the story and conclusion to involve the original characters and be a wrap up to most of their stories. Whether they die, retire or whatever. This movie will be the last time we see the original team from the first movie together. It also allows Ant-Man, Wasp and Captain Marvel to show up and not be over stuffed. Plus, Hawkeye too. We know from set photos that he's in Avengers 4 and he's got a new interesting look. I think it's pretty obvious that Clint survives the snap, but his family disappears which gets him to unretire (again) and re-join the Avengers.

​-It's going to be interesting to see how these characters go from the beginning of Avengers 4. Stark is stranded on Titan with Nebula, which I find interesting considering how huge of a role Nebula had in Thanos' defeat in the comics. It's also going to be interesting to see what the plan is with Rocket, since he's the only Guardian currently standing and he's stuck on Earth with a bunch of strangers (minus Thor).

​I have some theories on how the Avengers go about undoing what Thanos did, but I'll pass on discussing them because even thought this whole thing is in spoiler tags, my theories are based on Avengers 4 set photos that got leaked and it could be too much spoiler territory for a movie that is a year away. I'll just leave that my final thought is Ant-Man and the Wasp will take place in between Civil War and Infinity War but the film's end or after credit scene will deal with the ramifications of Thanos' snap and set up Scott to be in Avengers 4.

New trailer for Ant-Man and the Wasp is out, I'm very excited for this movie. People are going to sleep on this, but I still strongly believe that the quantum realm and other things tackled in this movie are going to come into play with Avengers 4.

Holy fucking shit. I can't.

That movie was awesome, I need Favre to watch it, I want to know what he thinks on this one.

• Upvote 1

He's seeing it tonight, I believe

• Upvote 1