Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Venom looks cool, but I'm still worried that this movie will do well financially and Sony is going to get stupid making spinoff movies that people don't want. They already are trying to develop a Kraven the Hunter movie.

A Kraven the hunter movie would be epic, especially if they make him a hunter of venom in stead of Spider-man. Cast Jason Mamoa or someone of that nature in the role and I am sold.

Brie Larson seems like a weird fit for the character, but I'm basing that on a sub-two minute long trailer.

Three months later, still a weird fit.

Also....Black Panther being nominated for best picture was a joke :notamused:

• Upvote 1

How was Brie specifically? I've always hated her since (IMO) ruining Scott Pilgrim.... I am going to go see this, but it's definitely not a priority like other hero movies have been... 

15 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

How was Brie specifically? I've always hated her since (IMO) ruining Scott Pilgrim.... I am going to go see this, but it's definitely not a priority like other hero movies have been... 

I think Brie is a great actress personally. 

She was good, I would say the star of the movie is Samuel L. But Brie was good, the character is a very different version than what we see in the trailer. I don't have any big issues with Brie's performance. I do think something about her doesn't fit this character. She just doesn't feel like she has the screen presence of a Superhero. Shoot even Gal Gadot who can't act had real presence as Wonder Woman. 

DC doing DC things.

Next Wonder Woman isn't a sequel.  Next Suicide Squad isn't a sequel but a reboot.

At least James Gunn is back directing GOTG3.

Anyone watched that DC Titans show? It's a live action Teen Titans. My friend had me watch the entire first season on our trip to STL a few weeks ago. It's honestly pretty decent. Refreshing to see some blood and swearing. CGI isn't the best, but the overall I really enjoyed a show I fully expected to hate. I was impressed by the writing and some of the subjects they were willing to explore or touch on. They do refer to other DC characters in this universe, but they never do more than show the backs of some of the "big hitters" like Batman.

There's also a spinoff show called The Doom Patrol. I only got to see part of episode 2, but it seemed really interesting. Cyborg from Teen Titans is a main character on that show, I think to carry the group and reel people in because the rest of the cast are characters I had not heard of and they don't really jump off the screen or anything.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, RazorStar said:

On principle, I will not watch that video because I hate that guy and his dumb fuckin' face. I will be reporting you to the authorities.

Hold on to your butts.

I saw Shazam a week ago by the way :shifty: 

He is my favorite hero....with that being said....I give the movie an A+ on my first reaction. 

Sympathy for the Joker

I don't like his makeup, but I think this trailer is amazing. Movie looks epic. 

Can't believe this page is so dead right now!!!!

Of all times!!!!!!!

We are in the ENDGAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Non-Spoiler First Reaction Below....

https://youtu.be/i7505lC0sYE

Just got back from seeing Endgame, here's my spoiler free reaction:

Edited by oochymp

Saw Endgame tonight.

Tl;dr - S8rVo3b.gif

Despite the gif, I will say that Fat Thor is one of the GOAT MCU characters.  So much better than regular Thor.

The opening with Hawkeye's family poofing is great, as is their song choice leading into the opening card.  Good stuff.

How you gonna waste so much good Iron Man/Nebula banter by having them already off the planet and in space, and then getting rescued, in like the first ten minutes of the movie.  Iron Man and Nebula is one of the things I was looking forward to the most and it's not even there.  Lame.

Somehow in a three hour long movie there's very little quality character interaction.  I get that it's essentially a "revenge" movie, but 95% of the movie feels like just plot stuff.

Thanos dying at the beginning of the movie is lame.

This movie made me hate Captain America and then become indifferent towards him at the end.  He shouldn't be able to hang with Thanos, at all, and yet he's pretty much the one who beat him up the most (granted he got beat down right afterwards but the point still stands) [Shoutout to Scarlett Witch for being able to almost solo him]. Hammer Cap is lame, and he shouldn't be able to summon lightning. What's the point of being a got dang god of thunder if a freaking human being jacked up on super serum can do the exact same thing. Lame.

So we had this major event in which everyone died, except they didn't, and instead all that was lost was Black Widow (K), and Iron Man (RIP) [had this spoiled for me before hand. thanks, atl]?  Guess you throw Vision in there too, I guess.  Cap sorta counts, but that's more of straight up retirement.  Seems like the stakes should've been bigger, or at least had some sort of last effects.

Didn't like the time travel involving just the same timeline.  Thought it was gonna go down differently.  Also didn't like that we didn't get any different timeline Earths, or at least nothing that was directly mentioned in the movie (correct me if I'm wrong.)

The end fight with Thanos is cool, but also pretty hollow.  What made Thanos, well, Thanos, was his quest for the infinity stones. In Infinity War he felt like a character.  In this it's just a look-alike with no actual interesting personality (or lines) or... "weight" behind him.

Also didn't like how everyone that brought back was pretty much only brought back for the fight and that was it.  Thought there'd be more interaction or something, but that couldn't have been the case given how it was set up.

So yeah, it's not a bad movie.  I just didn't like it.   Infinity War is better.

Also:

Is this gonna be the long game setup for Iron Man's kid being Iron Heart? Sorta felt like something was there when you first see her wearing the helmet by maybe it means nothing.  She's also a kid so there may not be a pay off for ages if she actually turns into the character (unless there's a time skip or something).

If Thor is gonna be a full time member of the guardians of the galaxy then I really want beta ray bill to be introduced in the next gotg.  It won't happen.  It may never happen, but it seems like it would be much easier to pull off in a guardians movie than anywhere else (assuming there's no more solo thor movies).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I agree regarding Hammer Cap, that was off-putting. But I don't understand comic book Thor and what exactly his powers are. I did like that Cap was worthy to wield it though. 

I think the alternate Earth's will be addressed in future movies because certainly the universe where Loki got away is fucked. The other timeline is where Thanos goes to the future and gets snapped. So there are at least 3 timelines in play. 

I tend to think time travel tends to do a lot more worse than good but I thought they did a good job in this movie of explaining it. 

Though I agree, Infinity War was better. 

Hammer Cap was awesome. They alluded to it before when Steve mad mjolnr kinda shake / wiggle. Right out of the comics. Such a great moment .

Edit : found what I was looking for

“ Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor. “

Edited by DalaiLama4Ever
  • Upvote 1

They showed that in Age of Ultron too.

• Upvote 1

That makes the Cap stuff a little bit more palatable.

Still don't like it.