Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Good stuff Legends :notbad:

Show has been getting flat for me lately honestly. And if there is no more Savage I really don't know why they need another season. And if there is more Savage then this season really means nothing. Lose-Lose I guess :lol:

I've been meaning to circle back to this and get your thoughts on the finale last week, I thought they did a great job of setting up Season 2 without making this season feel irrelevant

I'm also interested to see how the CW pulls Supergirl in, they've said with it moving to CW they're going to do more cross-overs with it, but they've already established that Supergirl exists in a parallel universe, so I don't really see how cross-overs can be a regular thing

So uh. This Captain America thing.

What do you guys think of that?

The natural evolution of things... He seems like the type.

Unless you are talking about him being a Hydra agent, in which case that will blow over.

That is what I'm talking about.

What are you talking about?

Edited by Thanatos

#GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend

Also just got back from Apocalypse... Nowhere near as bad as people want you to believe. It was a really good movie, IMO. Not as good as the others in the series, not as good as Civil War, but still a very strong installment. I loved all of the additions to the film, character-wise... Nightcrawler, Scott, Jean. Hell, Apocalypse was nowhere near as bad as everyone wants you to believe either. Olivia Munn was a great addition as Psylocke, too, imo.

And I just love the leads.... James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender are just so passionate and you can tell they put everything into these movies. I, for one, appreciate it. Walking in the shadows of Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen is no small feat, and they have done an incredible job. Fassbender, especially, absolutely love his Magneto. So many layers to peel back on that onion.

It may not have completely blown me away, but one thing I can say for the movie was that it builds really well. It opens up and I am just kinda like, "alright"... but the more you watch, the more the story unfolds, the better the movie gets. I thought it ended fantastically

I don't really have any complaints about the movie, other than it didn't completely blow my socks off (not really sure why). I kind of agree with Milla about Mystique. I see what he is saying, but it didn't totally bother me.

Awesome. Can't wait for the next one.

Mr. Sinister... :ooo:

Reading the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes right now, no idea what all these people are hating on. Doesn't make sense to me, for the most part.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I just don't like how heroic they made Mystique in this movie. I'm not saying she should never do any heroic things but if she does it's because she has an ulterior motive and something to gain from it. She was totally selfless and heroic in this movie, way out of character and I think they only did it because they don't want to make Jennifer Lawrence's character unlikable.

• Upvote 1

Oh ya, don't get me wrong. I am not arguing your point or even saying you are wrong in the slightest. I just find myself not caring that much, I guess? Mystique has never really been a character I ever really liked that much, so I just don't really care so much what they do with her or if they stray from the beaten path too much.

If they did that to other characters, you better believe I would say something though. Ha

Fair enough. I don't really care about her character as much as this seems like a sellout to sell tickets.

But in general, I enjoyed this movie. Nowhere near as bad as I was thinking, and I'm so excited for this Wolverine movie now. I'd like more X-Men with this Cyclops and Jean Grey as well.

Jeremy Irons spoke on BvS just recently:

Jeremy Irons may be returning for the next "Batman" movie, but that doesn't mean the current Alfred is any more enamored of "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice" than most others. Asked about its bad reviews in the Daily Mail, the actor responded, "Deservedly so. I mean it took £800 million, so the kicking didn’t matter but it was sort of overstuffed ... It was very muddled. I think the next one will be simpler. The script is certainly a lot smaller, it’s more linear."

http://www.indiewire.com/article/jeremy-irons-criticized-batman-v-superman-dc-comics-justice-league-20160529?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=IW_post

Anyone see the Dr. Strange trailer? That shit looks awesome.

• Upvote 1

So with the brand new DC Universe Rebirth, I have finally dived into the comic book scene. I got Green Arrow Rebirth stand alone story, getting the 2nd printing of the DC Universe Rebirth and the Rebirth stand alone for the flash next week with me then getting Green Arrow and The Flash on a fortnight basis.

Green Arrow's stand alone is a pretty good start I feel.

Also spent this weekend to finally watch season one of The Flash TV series which I thought was awesome but because I've not seen season 2 or 3 Of Arrow, I feel I made a slight rookie error so I need to catch up on those rewatch The Flash Season 1 and then watch Season 4 Arrow and Season 2 Flash.

Also I will say this, Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold in The Flash was fucking awesome, he plays the character so well to a point I actually kinda like him as a villian which is rare as I normally hate villains in super hero TV shows, also teaming back up with Dominic Purcell as Heatwave was a real nice touch.

Edited by Bangy

Also I will say this, Wentworth Miller as Captain Cold in The Flash was fucking awesome, he plays the character so well to a point I actually kinda like him as a villian which is rare as I normally hate villains in super hero TV shows, also teaming back up with Dominic Purcell as Heatwave was a real nice touch.

sounds like you need to add Legends of Tomorrow to your list

sounds like you need to add Legends of Tomorrow to your list

I'm actually half way through that at the moment, I know it has given a few spoilers away in regards to Flash and Arrow but yea seeing the two of them has made Legends of Tomorrow for me. Though I don't know what happened to Ronnie, I also prefer the combo of Jax and Stien as Firestorm from what I've seen compared to Ronnie and Stien.

Brie Larson is in talks to play Captain Marvel.

Brie Larson is in talks to play Captain Marvel.

That would be such an awesome casting job if they can make that happen.

Well that came out of nowhere.

Just got done watching Apocalypse, and idk what all the fuss is about. It was a good ass movie, people are getting outa hand with everybody trying to be a critic now.

I was susrprised by how much more violent it was. But in a good way.

That CGI was straight garbage truck though. Looked like CW's Flash on multiple occasions tbh.

And it hurt my feelings seeing all those buildings get rekt. :(

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Jeffrey Henderson, an illustrator and writer who worked on the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies, posted some concept art for their planned Spider-Man 4, which would have featured Vulture and Mysterio: Spider-Man 4 — Planet Henderson

There are a bunch of pictures, so I'm not gonna post them all here (and you should give the guy a pageview to see them) but here are a few:

Spidey_Copter_LR.jpg?format=750w

Spidey_Wings_1_LR.jpg?format=750w

SM4_BC_2_LR.jpg?format=750w

A fat Mysterio? No thanks....

A fat Mysterio? No thanks....

Yeah, that's not a great picture, and I don't know how far along in the process these were, and there weren't many others of Mysterio so it's entirely possible that they hadn't developed his look as much. Here's one of the other Mysterio pictures, this one with his helmet off, while it doesn't show his body, this one doesn't make him look fat at all:

SM4_BC_6_LR.jpg?format=1000w

Spider-Man 4 had some interesting potential, especially with Mysterio. However, I feel like the studio involvement in Spider-Man 3 really killed any chances of continuing that series.

yeah, I really wish they hadn't been forced to shoehorn Venom into 3, though they also pretty badly botched Sandman so I don't know that I can call Venom's presence a deal breaker