Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

To each his own I suppose. Personally I was mildly looking forward to Luke Cage just based on how good Daredevil and Jessica Jones were. After that preview I can't wait, it looks awesome.

Edited by oochymp

I'm a fan of Luke Cage so seeing him in the MCU is dope it just sucks he will never actually be an Avenger or anything.

Is he even going to face a villain? It looks like he's just being superman and everyone else is normal. That's what really is turning me off of the show.

Cottonmouth is the villain.. He's a drug lord, kinda Luke Cage's Kingpin. It's definitely going to be more of a king of the hill... game of thrones / iron throne kind of power dynamic rather than some super powered bad guy

The guy playing him, Mahershala Ali, is fantastic... Remy Danton in House of Cards if you watch that. I am less excited about Luke Cage himself and more excited about the people, characters, and setting they put him in. I really couldn't care much about Luke Cage, but at least we know he won't be the most boring character in the series.... Iron Fist is going to make appearances.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I've never loved the actors in a movie so much, and hated the shit out of the actual movie, as I did with Suicide Squad. They just did a really bad job of making a movie even though they were given really great pieces.

I agree with Milla that I thought Leto's Joker was on point. Even the tattoos actually worked in practice. However, do I think he could star in a Batman film opposite Ben Affleck and have that movie work? No, not even a little bit.

Speaking of Leto... He recently made comments that he felt like he was "tricked" into doing Suicide Squad and that the final product didn't remotely fit the "artistic" film they told him they envisioned it being. This is also coming out after fans realized and Margot Robbie admitted that the Joker was mostly left in the editing room and many of his scenes didn't even make the movie at all.

Jared Leto is not very happy with how “Suicide Squad” turned out, if fan accounts of his recent remarks are any indication.

The Oscar-winning actor held his second-annual Camp Mars event in Malibu, California, this week for fans of his band, Thirty Seconds to Mars, and he reportedly let his feelings about how the film turned out be known during a Q&A session, saying he felt he was “tricked” into taking the part of the Joker.

a bit more in the link:
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jared-leto-tricked-into-doing-suicide-squad/

I don't think theres a person on planet earth that likes Jared Leto.

Speaking of Leto... He recently made comments that he felt like he was "tricked" into doing Suicide Squad and that the final product didn't remotely fit the "artistic" film they told him they envisioned it being. This is also coming out after fans realized and Margot Robbie admitted that the Joker was mostly left in the editing room and many of his scenes didn't even make the movie at all.

a bit more in the link:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/jared-leto-tricked-into-doing-suicide-squad/

JOKER_LETO.jpg

The outraged over the Zendaya possibly playing Mary Jane is pretty funny to see.

I don't like the casting simply because I'm not at all impressed by her abilities to act, but jeez.

Marvel has supposedly been wanting to do this new Spider-Man movie with a mostly black cast, so it's not that surprising they are making MJW black. I just hope this isn't them trying to foreshadow Miles Morales. If they kill off Peter in this movie I will be livid beyond belief. Peter Parker is too central and important of a character to the Marvel Universe to just introduce him and throw him aside like trash in the MCU.

Marvel has supposedly been wanting to do this new Spider-Man movie with a mostly black cast, so it's not that surprising they are making MJW black. I just hope this isn't them trying to foreshadow Miles Morales. If they kill off Peter in this movie I will be livid beyond belief. Peter Parker is too central and important of a character to the Marvel Universe to just introduce him and throw him aside like trash in the MCU.

Plus, he had (shared) the best scene in Civil War. Even if they were thinking about it before, hopefully his reception had them 2nd guessing.

Thinking that Marvel is gonna kill off Peter Parker is just asinine, lol. I think they would have 2 spideys (they have 2 fucking Iron Mans in a sense) before killing off a MAJOR MCU character.

Supposedly Deathstroke will be the main villain of Affleck's solo Batman film. I love that call, most major Batman baddies have been done on the big screen before and Deathstroke is a major character that has yet to get love from Hollywood. Even the character created as a parody of him has gotten a film already. This is the first news of the DCEU to have me excited.

Oh ya, it is really fantastic news. His Batman films might not be that bad... I just hope Superman doesn't show up.

To be honest, even before this news I was confident the Affleck Batman project. He does a good job, but I'm not a fan of how this universe is expanding in general. A self contained movie about Batman going against Deathstroke has the potential to be awesome. I just hope they don't cast Matt Damon for the role, lol.

• Upvote 1

Cool little deleted scene from Civil War:

Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill are at the 2016 Canada Fan Expo or something... that doesn't matter but what does matter is they fairly blunted hinted at animated movies for HUSH and A Death in the Family... They could have just been joking and messing around with one another, but that would be so cruel.

These need to happen... Now.

Edited by Favre4Ever

So now that Supergirl's past season is on Netflix, I just finished watching the season... Anybody else finish watching this??

WTF is up with Supergirl almost dying because she flew outa space?? They nerf Martian Manhunter to the extreme and then nerf Supergirl to the point where she can't fly/breathe out of space??

This show was so awful. If only I didn't care for DC Comics so much. Smh

Any thoughts on Ghost Rider? I thought they did a good job with him. :yep:

Any thoughts on Ghost Rider? I thought they did a good job with him. :yep:

as far as the visuals, definitely on point, story wise it's hard to really say at this point, Ghost Rider v. Quake definitely has a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to seeing what they do with that, but the question I'm far more interested in from Agents of Shield is who is the Director now?

I only saw the season premiere and thought Ghost Rider was dope.