Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I watched the first 6 episodes of Iron Fist last night, it's not that bad...but still not as good as the other shows released so far.

​As for Venom, this is an awful awful idea from Sony. Regardless of whether this film ties into the MCU or not. I feel like this movie won't be an MCU movie and this is Sony's knee jerk reaction to the success of Deadpool and Logan and this will be a rated R solo movie.

Finished Iron Fist.

It does get better but it suffers Flash syndrome. Danny is literally the most bland character in the whole show. His story arc is the least interesting to me as well. I was more interested in what the Meachum's were doing even when we were watching Danny do whatever lameness he was doing.

I felt like instead of watching an Iron Fist show, I was watching a... "A Bunch of Awesome Characters with an appearance by Iron Fist" . It isn't the worst thing ever, but it puts him in a really weak spot moving forward.

The actor is just so... bland... and bad. lol. I liked him in the promos, but seeing him on the screen for a prolonged time made me not feel that way anymore.

I'd still probably put Iron Fist above 2nd half of Luke Cage, but... I think that is it. I was hoping for more.

Some thoughts on Iron Fist....

​I have to agree that Danny was one of the least interesting characters in the show. They focused way too much time on the Meachum family drama, but it was probably the most entertaining thing going on. I liked how those characters developed as the series went on. Ward went from the asshole character in the beginning the one helping Danny in the end and Joy went from the understanding friend to plotting to have him killed at the end. The dad was crazy and fit the bill for a Marvel Netflix villain. I'm not sure this series gets a 2nd season, maybe just teaming Iron Fist up with Luke Cage to do a Heroes for Hire thing is better.

• Upvote 1

Some thoughts on Iron Fist....

​I have to agree that Danny was one of the least interesting characters in the show. They focused way too much time on the Meachum family drama, but it was probably the most entertaining thing going on. I liked how those characters developed as the series went on. Ward went from the asshole character in the beginning the one helping Danny in the end and Joy went from the understanding friend to plotting to have him killed at the end. The dad was crazy and fit the bill for a Marvel Netflix villain. I'm not sure this series gets a 2nd season, maybe just teaming Iron Fist up with Luke Cage to do a Heroes for Hire thing is better.

Ya, Harold was a great villain in my opinion. Loved his character. And.... he's not dead , right?!?

Also loved Ward and his transformation. Just really great and believable acting. Also loved the extra time with Madam Gow and Davos was pretty cool as well. Bakudo seemed like a major bad ass, love the actor who played him. I wanted more so badly. Colleen was alright.

Joys turn did seem odd to me though. I understand it in a way. But even when she was around her dad, he would do something out of the norm her facial reaction was like " ya, this isn't right" . So now that it seems like she blames Danny for her dads err.... "death" . And probably the separation her and ward are Going through as well.

The show had some potential, and I know it's an origin story... but I think for it to be better we really needed more information about K'un Lun , maybe even go there, learn more about the order of the mother crane, etc etc . Idk really but it had potential. Danny is just a shitty character. Can't do much about that, lol.

I really hate Cyborg's appearance.

CW's Black Lightning

17626495_10155073019652357_8872549089968

The goggles look pretty fail but I can dig the rest, lol.

The goggles look pretty fail but I can dig the rest, lol.

Thats the thing, why the fuck did they add the goggles in the first place? Smh... And that suit makes him look fat as hell.

Edited by Sparty

Goggles obviously help protect his identity . Duh, sparty! Lol.

So, DC announced Joss Whedon is directing a Batgirl movie.

​I'm kind of rolling my eyes at this one, Joss' obsession with doing stories about strong female leads is kind of odd to me. I think we need more female leads in hollywood but almost everything Joss has done except Avengers has been about strong female characters, kind of an odd niche IMO. As for the movie itself, I'm not particularly excited. I'm sure it will be good, but a Batgirl movie is not on my wishlist. I love how DC started this extended universe wanting to focus on the non Batman characters but they quickly realized who their cash cow is and now we're getting a Gotham City Sirens, Nightwing and Batgirl movie.

So, DC announced Joss Whedon is directing a Batgirl movie.

​I'm kind of rolling my eyes at this one, Joss' obsession with doing stories about strong female leads is kind of odd to me. I think we need more female leads in hollywood but almost everything Joss has done except Avengers has been about strong female characters, kind of an odd niche IMO. As for the movie itself, I'm not particularly excited. I'm sure it will be good, but a Batgirl movie is not on my wishlist. I love how DC started this extended universe wanting to focus on the non Batman characters but they quickly realized who their cash cow is and now we're getting a Gotham City Sirens, Nightwing and Batgirl movie.

Firefly .

And honestly , Batgirl doesn't do much for me. But Joss Whedons involvement does.

I'll see the movie, but I won't anxiously await it. A lot of people are speculating this could be an adaption of The Killing Joke, but considering how much Whedon loves his strong female leads I can't see him doing a movie about a woman being shot and paralyzed by a psycho. The better question is, who do they have as the villain?

So, Freeform is getting another MCU series this time New Warriors with Squirrel Girl as the lead character.

So, Freeform is getting another MCU series this time New Warriors with Squirrel Girl as the lead character.

Just when you thought the whole Superhero thing had been stretched to its limit...

Thor: Ragnarok trailer is AWESOME! This will be the best superhero movie of 2017.

Milla is underestimating baby groot.

That gives it a feel that makes me think we're gonna see the Guardians tied in more directly to the MCU, which is awesome.

Not saying GotG Vol 2 won't be awesome, but I've been hype for this movie for so long. Mainly because I love Planet Hulk.