Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 may have been the funniest MCU movie to date and it's character development was top notch. It lacked plot though, I'd still give it an 8/10. One of the things that I really loved was...

That they may have just confirmed to the audience that Stan Lee is a Watcher in the MCU, that's just too awesome.

• Upvote 1

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 may have been the funniest MCU movie to date and it's character development was top notch. It lacked plot though, I'd still give it an 8/10. One of the things that I really loved was...

That they may have just confirmed to the audience that Stan Lee is a Watcher in the MCU, that's just too awesome.

I loved the movie. Baby Groot is one of the best characters in movie history. There are plot type issues... I think they just had too much material that they had to condense into too short of a time frame. I mean they basically mostly wrapped up the whole father thing which is a huuuuge part of Star Lords character. This movie could've easily been 3+ hours long. So ya, it does feel a bit rushed through most of it but otherwise really awesome.

And 5 after movie scenes ? They're just spoiling us now.

The plot was a very cut and dry simple one, but that is because they put more emphasis on character development than an epic story. Gunn did a good job with it though, we learned a lot about what makes these characters who they are and it will make people more attached to them going forward.

Animated Deadpool series coming to FXX.

Surprised that didn't happen sooner, that show should be gold and there should be no issues with rights or anything so we can see Deadpool annoy the hell out of everyone in the Marvel universe.

Watched X-Men DOFP and Logan recently. Both are slow as fuck, DOFP was terrible and Logan didnt live up to the hype.

Tom Hardy to play Venom (in the Venom movie !)

Ohhhhh yessssssss !

Shield and Inhumans are gonna air on Fridays on ABC. Considering its ABC, you can consider those shows dead.

Edited by Sparty

Shield and Inhumans are gonna air on Fridays on ABC. Considering its ABC, you can consider those shows dead.

Same thing was said when AoS was moved to the 10pm timeslot

Also, AoS was awesome this season

Why is TV on Friday even a thing?

Same thing was said when AoS was moved to the 10pm timeslot

Also, AoS was awesome this season

It was still on Tuesdays though...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/zack-snyder-steps-down-justice-league-deal-family-tragedy-1006455?utm_source=twitter

Superheroes have always been about doing the right thing in the hardest of circumstances. Now Zack Snyder, one of the biggest filmmakers in the genre and the director of Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and the upcoming Justice League, finds himself in just such a situation.

Snyder tells The Hollywood Reporter he is stepping away from Justice League, Warner Bros.’ all-star DC Comics superhero mega-movie that is in postproduction, in order to deal with the sudden death of his daughter. Snyder's wife, Deborah Snyder, who is a producer on Justice League, also is taking a break to focus on the healing of their family.

Stepping in to shepherd the movie through post and the shooting of some additional scenes will be Joss Whedon, the Avengers filmmaker and creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. With Whedon's help, the movie is still on track for its Nov. 17 release date.

Snyder’s daughter, Autumn Snyder, died by suicide in March at age 20. Her death has been kept private, with only a small inner circle aware of what happened, even as the movie was put on a two-week break for the Snyders to deal with the immediate effects of the tragedy. Zack Snyder says he initially was eager to return to the film, which stars Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jason Momoa and Ezra Miller.

“In my mind, I thought it was a cathartic thing to go back to work, to just bury myself and see if that was way through it,” says an emotional Snyder in an interview Monday in his office on the Warner Bros. lot, with Deborah sitting by his side.

“The demands of this job are pretty intense. It is all-consuming. And in the last two months, I’ve come to the realization … I’ve decided to take a step back from the movie to be with my family, be with my kids, who really need me. They are all having a hard time. I’m having a hard time.”

The studio is fully behind the move. “What they are going through is unimaginable, and my heart — our hearts — go out to them," says Warner Bros. Pictures president Toby Emmerich.

Maybe Joss Whedon will be able to save this train wreck. Such a terrible tragedy though regarding Snyder.

Saw Wonder Woman for the first time yesterday, I thought it was a good and not great origin story film. It's a bit overhyped right now because of the whole female lead thing so I'll let people have their fun with that. I thought the movie could've had a way better 3rd act and while the color of the movie was not as bad as previous DCEU movies it still was a bit too dark/dull at times. I'll give it a 8/10, best DCEU film so far and a good start for them.

Just got back.. I actually liked the ending the best, lol. I really don't understand the point of washing out these movies.. Just, don't get it. Definitely the best DCU movie though. Not a whole lot of competition.. ha

I personally...

Saw the twist about Ares coming from a mile away, the whole thing about the German general and his weird doctor screamed misdirection to me and then when Ares finally revealed himself and fought the character came off as a Magneto clone to me. He even had the same helmet but with horns, just throwing metal and stuff at her and even wrapping her up in a piece of metal. Then the whole lover sacrificing himself motivating her thing I thought was a lame plot point. I would've kind of preferred they just left the romance out of this one and just focused on a strong female lead.

You can't throw out the love dovey stuff Milla, its what the females want to see.

I personally...

Saw the twist about Ares coming from a mile away, the whole thing about the German general and his weird doctor screamed misdirection to me and then when Ares finally revealed himself and fought the character came off as a Magneto clone to me. He even had the same helmet but with horns, just throwing metal and stuff at her and even wrapping her up in a piece of metal. Then the whole lover sacrificing himself motivating her thing I thought was a lame plot point. I would've kind of preferred they just left the romance out of this one and just focused on a strong female lead.

I liked the twist but it wasn't overly shocking to me or anything. I think it was pretty obvious that Guttendorf (or whatever his name was) wasn't Ares. Lol.

And Ares is a god. He can shape and form the world, so the idea that he is twisting her in metal, or forming metal / stone weapons isn't crazy to me either. And that look is how I associate Ares. Although my experience with him is limited to like, Injustice, but that's how he looks (or how I'm used to him looking), helmet and all.

I also didn't really hate the love stuff. It just didn't come off as forced to me? I mean, all of these other super hero love interests are just supposed to be some hot dime piece that are just there.

Steve Trevor is integral to Diana and who she becomes... I thought Chris Pine was excellent and his character served the film both together and individually. It's not like he sacrificed himself for her.

You can't throw out the love dovey stuff Milla, its what the females want to see.

​I honestly just hate romance in comic book films anymore, because you either have to put in a lot of effort to make the romance work or you end up with a romantic side story that doesn't really pay off. Like in this movie. I didn't like all the will they or won't they stuff with Star-Lord and Gamora in GotG2 either and I've crapped all over the Thor/Jane Foster romance in the movies so I don't want to sound biased against DC in this instance. I just think the romance aspect of this movie was one of it's least interesting plotlines and I guess the filmmakers agreed because it was such a small part of most of the movie that it almost wasn't worth throwing in.

HURRY UP AND GET HERE

Wonder woman was good enough, I'm a sucker for armor, sword, shields, and Gal Gadot. Not too much of the normal superhero cheese so that was a plus. I also enjoyed the backstory and it's draw upon Greek mythology and the world war.

• Upvote 1

Wonder woman was good enough, I'm a sucker for armor, sword, shields, and Gal Gadot. Not too much of the normal superhero cheese so that was a plus. I also enjoyed the backstory and it's draw upon Greek mythology and the world war.

Kind of off topic, but I am a huge sucker for movies that tie in mythology (greek or otherwise).. I don't care how good or bad the movie is, I still will watch it because I am that interested in it. I do the same thing with Arthurian legend.. It's led me to some reallllly shitty movies , but I don't regret it for a second.

Kind of off topic, but I am a huge sucker for movies that tie in mythology (greek or otherwise).. I don't care how good or bad the movie is, I still will watch it because I am that interested in it. I do the same thing with Arthurian legend.. It's led me to some reallllly shitty movies , but I don't regret it for a second.

Same! I am a sucker for mythology as well so not knowing about Wonder Woman's backstory was a very pleasant surprise. Though part of me wishes the movie featured more of it. I also agree with your assessment of Ares in your previous post. I thought he was depicted really well. I do wish we got see more of him though.

So it looks like the Venom spinoff may be MCU afterall....