Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

So it looks like the Venom spinoff may be MCU afterall....

No. Its gonna be one-sided. You'll never see any of those characters in the MCU. You'll see Holland in those films though. But They're not gonna connect majorly.

Here's like an explanation from the guy I watch on YouTube

Homecoming: Id say Ant-Man level; good, but not great.

Homecoming was a fun packed film. It carried the charm of the MCU and it portrayed a Spider-Man that is different from what we are used to. It wasn't just the Maguire/Garfield characters thrown into the MCU. Michael Keaton was great, and Vulture is up there with one of the best MCU villains so far.

The only thing that really disappointed me was the after credit scene. The first one with Toomes in jail, the 2nd one with Captain America trolling the audience honestly was well played. I'm not sure what they are trying to tease with that scene. A lot of people are saying Sinister Six, but the scene gave me the vibe that Toomes was done with trying to kill Peter Parker. I guess they are teasing Scorpion a bit, but he's not a villain who can carry a movie he's more on the same level as Shocker. I get that they are implying that there is people who want to kill Spider-Man, but why? Unless they are associated with Toomes and lost a lot on this film's climax I'm not sure why any baddies would want to kill Spidey over any of the other heroes roaming not only Earth in this universe but in NYC (We have Iron Man plus the Defenders making that city their homes as well). We'll just see, I just get the feeling that they didn't have enough of the sequel's script ready to do any real major teasing.

​Also, the beginning of the movie indicated that the events of this film take place 8 years after the events of The Avengers, so wouldn't that set this movie in 2020? Maybe I'm just missing something.

I definitely feel like they made Aunt May older in this one. :sigh:

I definitely feel like they made Aunt May older in this one. :sigh:

​They for sure toned down how sexy Marisa Tomei is. She looked stunning in Civil War and they tried to make her seem older in this for sure. Likely to appease stupid fanboys who think Aunt May can only be an old hag.

Homecoming was a fun packed film. It carried the charm of the MCU and it portrayed a Spider-Man that is different from what we are used to. It wasn't just the Maguire/Garfield characters thrown into the MCU. Michael Keaton was great, and Vulture is up there with one of the best MCU villains so far.

The only thing that really disappointed me was the after credit scene. The first one with Toomes in jail, the 2nd one with Captain America trolling the audience honestly was well played. I'm not sure what they are trying to tease with that scene. A lot of people are saying Sinister Six, but the scene gave me the vibe that Toomes was done with trying to kill Peter Parker. I guess they are teasing Scorpion a bit, but he's not a villain who can carry a movie he's more on the same level as Shocker. I get that they are implying that there is people who want to kill Spider-Man, but why? Unless they are associated with Toomes and lost a lot on this film's climax I'm not sure why any baddies would want to kill Spidey over any of the other heroes roaming not only Earth in this universe but in NYC (We have Iron Man plus the Defenders making that city their homes as well). We'll just see, I just get the feeling that they didn't have enough of the sequel's script ready to do any real major teasing.

​Also, the beginning of the movie indicated that the events of this film take place 8 years after the events of The Avengers, so wouldn't that set this movie in 2020? Maybe I'm just missing something.

Agreed on Keaton's Vulture, most of the villains to this point have just kinda been there, but Keaton absolutely stole the show

which I think is a big reason they felt they needed to do that post-credit scene in the jail, it gave a clear message that Vulture is done.

Cap's post-credit scene was great as well, I think his videos were some of the best moments in the movie.

As for the timeline, I found this which seems to make sense: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6lu5ov/the_marvel_cinematic_universe_timeline_with_new/

I don't get why you guys think they made Aunt May "older"...

Not too long ago, this is what we had from May:

kbmdpnbylhiuoq1jxemo.jpg

Marisa Tomei was sporting a naughty librarian look throughout most of the movie, was wearing spaghetti straps and small tank tops, told Peter not to be "creepy" (used in the newer millennial way as in, ' don't be a creeper ' ), busted out in the end with an F Bomb, was dancing around her apartment...

If she acted any younger, Aunt May and Peter would be siblings... lol

Also, I took the Vulture Post Credits scene as a way for him to get even with Peter... Peter saved his daughter, he gave Peter a chance to back out at the dance or as he put it he "saved Peter's life"... Peter saved his life after his wings exploded, so to get back on par with him, he doesn't rat out his identity, thus saving him some trouble from some bad guys (temporarily anyway)... And heck, maybe he just wants Peter for himself.

Edited by Banned4Ever

They added wrinkles to her face, lol. Don't see how you can NOT notice that, lol.

I'm not saying they made Aunt May look like a grandma in the movie, but her sexiness was for sure toned down from Civil War.

​The timeline changing theory seems to make some sort of sense. Most people point to the newspaper article in Daredevil about the Chitauri invasion saying it was 2012 as proof as when that movie takes place, but Kevin Feige pretty much doesn't really consider anything outside of the movies as true canon to the movies. I feel like this is just going to get even more complicated with more shows coming and now the Sony spinoffs that look to be in the same vein as the television shows (same reality, but the main MCU films will ignore them).

Edited by Milla4Prez63

D23 definitely gave away a Ragnarok post-credits scene.

The Infinity War hype is real, it's insane that we are going to see footage from the film sooner or later. Jealous of everyonw who saw it at D23.

I'm here still waiting for a quality stream of Guardians 2 to come up haha

Ben Affleck is heading to Comic-Con this weekend to promote Warner Bros.’ upcoming Justice League movie, set for a Nov. 17 release. But how many more times is he likely to put on the Batsuit? Probably not many, if ever again.

Yes, Warners’ film studio chief Toby Emmerich tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Ben is our Batman. We love him as Batman. We want to keep him in the cowl as long as we can." And Matt Reeves, who will direct the studio’s still-undated (and unwritten) The Batman, has said that he means to keep Affleck in the role. But a source with knowledge of the situation says that the studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck’s Batman — gracefully, addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ben-afflecks-batman-future-doubt-as-warner-bros-plots-franchise-future-1023296

I think Reeves said on a podcast that he wanted his Batman movie to be a detective-noir. Be an interesting change, assuming it's accurate.

So, I just saw a leaked video of the Infinity War footage and....HOLY.FUCKING.SHIT

​I WANT NAO PLS

NAO

Some other MCU notes from Comic Con

Thor: Ragnarok

​​-New Trailer online

-Some more info on Hulk. Supposedly he's happy being a warrior on Sakaar and hasn't transformed back into Banner for a while. Which explains why he's beginning to speak more as seen in the trailer.

​-The film takes place four years after Thor: The Dark World, which makes sense in the MCU timeline and doesn't throw the whole thing for a loop like Spider-Man did.

Black Panther

-Brand new movie poster released

​-Not much else on this film, it's in a weird stage of development where it's two early to show a 2nd trailer and any big announcements for casting or characters have been made a while ago.

Avengers: Infinity War

​-The first promotional posters have been released.

​-The footage from D23 was shown and has leaked online, not officially released by Marvel.

Ant-Man and the Wasp

-Michelle Pfeiffer has been cast as Janet van Dyne, Hank Pym's wife, and the original Wasp.

​-Laurence Fishburne has been cast as Dr. Bill Foster, a scientist who becomes Goliath in the comics.

​-A new logo has been revealed and the movie will begin shooting soon if it hasn't already.

Captain Marvel

-Movie will take place in the early 1990s.

-The Skrulls will be the villains of the film.

​-Nick Fury will appear in the movie still having both his eyes.

​The Captain Marvel bit has me most excited, finally having the Skrulls introduced into the MCU is epic and I hope they lead into Secret Invasion sooner than later. Also, it being set in the 1990s can help explain her showing up in the Infinity saga films at full power and will introduce audiences to the character so they can jump straight into character development right away instead of waiting for the sequel, kind of like what's happening with Black Panther.

​All in all, it's an exciting time to be a Marvel fan.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

I am down with superhero Fishburne. Pretty funny that he's in both the DCEU and the MCU now.

Edited by Vin

I am down with superhero Fishburne. Pretty funny that he's in both the DCEU and the MCU now.

​I'm pretty sure he's the first to cross over the shared universes. Originally it was going to be Patrick Wilson since he is going to be a villain in Aquaman and had a small voice role in BvS, but he dropped out of his role in Ant-Man.

So, DC sneakily changed the name of the Flash film to Flashpoint. Anyone else think they may be using this as a way to soft reboot some things in the DCEU to help explain the actor change in Batman and maybe lean away from what Snyder initially started?

So, DC sneakily changed the name of the Flash film to Flashpoint. Anyone else think they may be using this as a way to soft reboot some things in the DCEU to help explain the actor change in Batman and maybe lean away from what Snyder initially started?

They didn't sneakily change the name, lol. It was announced at Comic con.

Idc if it was sneaky or not... I think it's too fast when we haven't even met this flash yet. I hate using time travel as a cover up for changes or whatever you want to institute . It's lazy to me.

Hopefully they can do it right.

Actually also, Ben Affleck even said he's Batman for the foreseeable future. Which again, was announced at Comicon, lol.