Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

20621823_10155495288232357_3142627723194

I just blew my load.

They weren't all that sneaky about the name change for that movie, it just didn't get that much attention I suppose.

Just watched all of Defenders in one day. It wasn't the best, but not the worst either.

First 2 3/4 episodes were pretty much hot garbage.

And do people really like this guy playing Iron Fist? Really... One of the least talented actors I've ever seen, and that isn't an exaggeration. He's awful. Any scene he is in aggravates the shit out of me. Sigourney Weaver is awesome. I almost feel like she is too good for this show.

I've only seen the first 3 episodes of Defenders but yeah, way too much buildup for a short series...

Defenders is basically Daredevil season 3. There's just too much focus on Daredevil.

I feel like that's a natural bi-product of the focus on Electra, it wouldn't have made sense to have Daredevil in the background with her playing such a prominent role.

Daredevil is the best of the four so I suppose that makes us lucky.I still have the final episode to watch, I will add more later.

Yeah, that just wasn't that good. Very disappointing. It didn't feel like it's own series to me, it felt more like a CW Flash / Arrow crossover.. CW, I can handle the cheese, I can handle the lack of budget and money because I know they are doing their best. With this... I don't think they did their best. It felt half-assed.

Also, I took to the internet to see what other people thought about the series and more specifically Iron Fist. Most people also hate him. Some people think it's the actor, others think its the writing, and the list goes on and on.

I hope they recast the character and pretend like nothing changed. I think that is the best hope.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

DC is making a Joker.... origin... film...

New actor to play the Joker.

I don't think I want to know Joker or his origin... but, I will see it just because.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Guardians of the Galaxy 2 is better than the 1st.

Fite me IRL.

Defenders is basically Daredevil season 3. There's just too much focus on Daredevil.

​More like Daredevil and Iron Fist with Luke Cage and Jessica Jones as support. It's kind of natural with the big bad being the Hand and them having a huge role in those series while having no part in the other two.

​My thoughts on Defenders....

​-The buildup took a bit long, but I liked the dynamic and chemistry of the team.

​-Sigourney Weaver was a really good villain in this, but again we get another surprise early death in a Netflix series. Boo.

​-The Japanese guy from the Hand bothered me. I just found it super annoying that every conversation he had in the series was him speaking to someone in Japanese while the other person responded in English. So stupid and unnecessary, they also hyped him up to be some evil and twisted dude but he was just another kung fu ninja for the Defenders to fight. Boo.

​-I liked how all the supporting characters from all the shows kind of fit in together without ruining the show.

​-Action was good, just nothing we haven't seen before and it just got kind of old.

​-I feel like Luke Cage seemed depowered in this series from his own show.

​As for the future...

​-I hope they are officially done with this Hand BS. They were never that interesting and when they finally introduce an interesting lead for them they just kill her off early without much payoff. Also tired of all the kung fu ninja BS, please take the Netflix shows in a different direction. I understand we will get more of it to a point with Iron Fist, but please take Daredevil in a different direction at least.

​-Speaking of which, the ending to me appears to be setting up the Born Again plot for Season 3. He woke up in some sort of Christian/Catholic church or something and the nun said to inform Maggie that he is awake. Sounds like Margaret Murdock, Matt's mom who is a nun and had a huge role in Born Again. I think it would be a great route to take this series with Kingpin trying to not just crush Daredevil, but Matt Murdock. I just hope they don't do the whole Karen Page being a drug addicted whore who sells out Matt's identity to Kingpin for heroin thing.

I don't see them turning this version of Karen into a drug addict, lol. Shes too goody-too-shoes for that. And the creators said that yeah, the Hand is gone for good. If they come back, it'll be something radically different.

Yeah, I think we are just done with the Hand period. I mean, yeah, they could bring them back but dramatically different because... well, Netflix Hand and Comics Hand are very different entities. Comics Hand deal a lot more with the Supernatural.. The leaders actually have ridiculous powers granted to them by a demon, a demon they are trying to summon into this world.

I think that would have been a lot cooler. As is, the Hand, was indeed very lame. It didn't seem to me like they were all that powerful anyway.. Lmao. I mean, yeah, they are thousands of years old and stronger than you and me but... They didn't seem like a match for the Defenders at all. We kept hearing about how powerful Alexandra was and how she might have to enter the battle then.... NOPE. lol.

I actually enjoyed the 5 Fingers, as characters, but not really as villains. They were too under-powered. We saw Madam Gao use some mystic bullshit a couple times and I wanted more of that. I liked the other four though, because they seemed to really not give a fuck about what Alexandra wanted. She wanted to live forever, and I think the others were kinda just tired of being on Earth and wanted a way back home.I may have just missed it, but did they ever actually explain how Bakudo came back? lol

Also, the Black Sky buildup was MASSIVE SUCK. We took all of a season of Daredevil to build to that story arch... then all of Defenders. She was supposed to be some all powerful being that could thwart all of The Hand's foes... But she blew ass most of the time. She was no stronger than the rest of the Defenders until near the very end when she kidnapped Iron Fist... At that point she just randomly became stronger than the Defenders and got what she wanted, but before that? A lot of sizzle, but no pop.. At all. Complete waste of a story line.

Needed more mystical / supernatural elements, IMO. Instead the writers really wanted the villains to be of a more realistic (to a degree) nature. That was definitely on purpose. Perhaps they want to build up the villains difficulty? If you start with some ultra powerful being(s), there isn't much way to go but down.. But still, they could have given The Hand or Black Sky some badass power elements and not made them OP.

• Upvote 1

Marvels Inhumans has an amazing RT score of 7%. Marvel must be so proud of Jeph Loeb and Scott Buck.

Edited by Sparty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIY6zFL95hE

Can't wait, though I'm a little confused as to where it falls in the Defenders timeline, the origin nature would imply that it's before Daredevil Season 2, but Karen's presence in the trailer would indicate it's after? I'm guessing a little of both?

What an awesome use of 'One'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIY6zFL95hE

Can't wait, though I'm a little confused as to where it falls in the Defenders timeline, the origin nature would imply that it's before Daredevil Season 2, but Karen's presence in the trailer would indicate it's after? I'm guessing a little of both?

They're obviously going Arrow-style. But for all we know there could just be 1 whole flashback episode but I doubt it.

Marvels Inhumans has an amazing RT score of 7%. Marvel must be so proud of Jeph Loeb and Scott Buck.

​The word on the street is that Marvel and ABC has already quietly cancelled the show before it even airs. It's a disaster for sure.

​The word on the street is that Marvel and ABC has already quietly cancelled the show before it even airs. It's a disaster for sure.

ABC wants to cancel Agents too.

Finally saw Wonder Woman and Logan over the weekend.

Wonder Woman was meh. Though I think expectations affected my view of the movie. The action was largely terrible. Why do we need so many slow motion flips. Hell, why do we need so many flips, period? Definitely preferred the non-action scenes. I do find it funny that for all the talk from people about this movie being about female empowerment, the crux of WW's monologue at the end is about love.

Logan was great. Though I kinda expected more from the end of Charles and Wolverine. Maybe they didn't care as much with Charles since the same thing pretty much happened in X3, and we still have the character with McAvoy, but I thought the end of Wolverine would've been more...impactful. I dunno. I just thought there would been more than fights, dies, movie ends.

I don't know why I did it, but I did. Checked out the 2 hour premiere of Inhumans. Pretty gross.

ABC wants to cancel Agents too.

​Disney shot their asses down thankfully. That would've been a horrible way for the series to end with the cliffhanger of Coulson in space.

So, it looks like the highly anticipated Infinity War trailer will not release with Thor: Ragnarok as many of us had hoped. Instead a new Black Panther trailer will be attached. A bit disappointed, but it makes sense. Black Panther will be out first and Marvel would probably get mure buzz and excitement by attaching Infinity War's trailer with the Star Wars release.

Inhumans was pretty bad... But I was still curious...

I have watched every episode so far... :shifty:

I just think they are trying too hard.