Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I've watched every episode of Inhumans thus far and will finish the series, but that's only because of my love for the comic book characters they are based on. However, it's obvious this series was made cheap and too fast. Going into this calender year we thought Inhumans was still eventually going to get a movie so the fact that changed so quicky to the point of a TV series being released in the same year instead tells me they rushed this. Having Medusa's hair chopped off is complete and utter BS and is only to save money on CGI since her hair and Lockjaw will cost them too much for a television series.

​It's disappointing because Black Bolt is a great character in the comics and these characters were screwed out of a chance to get more mainstream.

Thor: Ragnarok was EPIC! I'll dig into more details on my thoughts later, but loved it. Also, Korg is the greatest character. Korg is love, Korg is live.

My in depth spoiler thoughts of Thor: Ragnarok

​Pros:
-Movie was absolutely hilarous. Could be the funniest MCU movie yet.
​-The acting in this film was top notch. A lot of incredible talent and everyone nailed their roles.
​-Imagery was stunning.
​-I love that the plot was kept on a fast pace, they didn't get bogged down on too many little plot points.
​-I love how they basically acknowledged the events of the previous Thor films while at the same time giving them a middle finger by barely mentioning Jane and then quickly killing the Warriors 3 and not even mentioning Sif. This movie was the fresh start the franchise needed.
​-Hulk was INCREDIBLE. Best looking Hulk so far, his action was awesome and I love finally hearing him talk even if it's just like a child.
​-Like I said, Korg was epic. It's hard not to love him.

​Con
-The only thing I can think of was the one part of the movie where they should've temporarily slowed things down was after Odin's death. It jumped too quickly into Hela destroying Mjolnir.

​So, it looks like Thor is going to continue the tradition of one-eyed Asgardian kings. It also looks like Loki being a dumbass and taking the Tesseract led to Thanos finding them.

Two things.

1 . Is Marvel over doing the comedy stuff? For what it's worth, I don't think this crossed the line -- but we are getting really close I think.

2 . There is so much hype, build up, etc to Infinity War and Thanos. I am not sure if it's even possible that the film can live up to it's massive billing. It will be an accomplishment if the payoff is even... 75%

Marvel films have awesome action sequences with comedic elements, what more can you really ask for? I believe IW will be way more drama-focused. But there's nothing wrong with too much comedy in them, it just makes the films more fun. Black Panther looks a little more serious as well.

I like the comedy. But they are dedicating huge set pieces just for it. Its kind of odd. Like I said, I didnt fee it was bad... but you can tell they continue to push the envelope on how much they fit into a movie. I dont think I want any other movie to surpass this Deadpool being an exception.

Justice League and Punisher on Friday! I'm so pumped. ???

I feel like the comedy was good for a movie like Ragnarok because the story they told is really dark and depressing but they managed to make the movie fun for the family. I know people love dark gritty comic book movies like The Dark Knight and Logan, but Marvel's formula is a proven money maker.

​Also, I do feel like IW and Avengers 4 will live up to the hype, I have a lot of faith in the Russos. I have less faith in the MCU's success after. Especially if they indeed kill off Tony Stark and Steve Rodgers like everyone seems to think they will.

Also, surprised this hasn't been discussed yet. But Disney is in talks to purchase 21st Century FOX and all it's properties. Obviously, this would mean the rights to the X-Men, Deadpool and Fantastic Four would revert back to Marvel meaning they would have access to basically all their characters. This would be very exciting if it were to happen. It's pretty hard for Marvel to go into a new direction after Thanos and find something just as exciting, but having an Avengers vs X-Men film might do it. Plus it allows them to do a Galactus story, and Doctor Doom in the MCU is exciting.

​I personally think Disney wouldn't change much with Deadpool though. I think they'd keep Reynolds on to do his thing and it might kind of connect to the MCU and probably reference it but hey Taika Watiti supposedly was fighting hard to make something work for a Deadpool appearance in Ragnarok.

Disney will aso be launching their own streaming service and included in their lineup already is a new Marvel show. Im sure more will follow

Disney buying Fox wasn't worth a mention because those talks have already stopped, which pretty much means Fox aint selling.

Disney buying Fox wasn't worth a mention because those talks have already stopped, which pretty much means Fox aint selling.

​This is common with big negotiations. The talks with Sony about Spider-Man had stopped and then one day we got the confirmation he was going to be in Civil War.

Fox has no reason to sell. It's also bad news cause Deadpool will suck and New Mutants looks very promising.

So Justice League sits at 42% on RT. That pretty much was expected (by me) because the movie itself looks a little dark and the comedy looks alright, I'll still go see it. But the main problem here is it was a little early to do this film, cause we get complaints on how much the characters don't shine in a ensemble film. I still feel like they should have done solos and then this, but I guess they felt they had to do something different than the MCU. Getting 42% on your BIGGEST film to kick off your universe is not a good look.

Edited by Sparty

Fox has no reason to sell. It's also bad news cause Deadpool will suck and New Mutants looks very promising.

FOX hasn't been killing it at the box office lately and there's been rumblings that they could sell properties and they just don't have the heavy hitting franchises that other studios have. They wouldn't be selling off the entire company, but selling off the movie studio is certainly something they have considered and will continue to do so.

​I also doubt Marvel misses with Deadpool much. They understand their characters better than anyone else and won't put out a kiddie movie when the rated R version is doing so well. FOX could flush New Mutants down the toilet for all I care, it looks like a cheap horror flick with unknown X-Men characters and even if they sell, it's not like the movie would fall off the face of the Earth, it's still going to be released.

I think there is plenty of motive to sell. You get a large chunk of cash and don't have to deal with the headaches of making the movies and all the logistics that go with it. Naturally, they won't make as much in the long-term, but getting paid to do nothing sounds great.

Milla if you think Disney wouldn't tone down Deadpool, you are way too high. I still think Fox isnt going to sell their x-men franchise. New Mutants is a fresh breather for the genre if it does indeed stick to a horror-like film. And how the fuck can you say their movies aren't killing it at the box office? Did you forget about Logan? (Made 618m on a 95m budget). Milla pls get your senses back.

There's a rumor IW trailer is coming early december. Start to get hyped everyone. This movie is gonna be 100% on RT I guarantee it.

Edited by Sparty

Justice League was okay. Characters were likeable, plot was stupid, villain was lame. After credit scene was dope, not gonna lie.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/multiple-man-movie-james-franco-star-1059031

James Franco may be the next star to join Fox's X-Men universe.

The multihyphenate is in negotiations to play Multiple Man in a stand-alone being developed by X-Men producer Simon Kinberg, godfather of Fox's universe based on the uncanny Marvel mutants.

Allan Heinberg, one of the writers behind Warner Bros.' Wonder Woman, is set to pen the feature. Kinberg would produce under his Genre Films label, along with Franco and his Ramona Films.

Jamie Madrox, also known as Multiple Man, has the mutant power to create and control duplicates of himself. The character first appeared in 1975's Giant-Size Fantastic Four No. 4 and was created by the late Len Wein, the comic book mind behind classic characters such as Wolverine. He's appeared on the big screen before, with Eric Dane playing him in 2006's X-Men: The Last Stand, which was directed by Brett Ratner and written by Kinberg.

The move comes as Fox has been ramping up its X-Men universe. It will release three films next year, with New Mutants (April 13), Deadpool 2 (June 1) and the Kinberg-directed X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Nov. 2) on the docket. A Gambit movie starring Channing Tatum has Gore Verbinski set to helm, while Logan filmmaker James Mangold is developing a spinoff centering on the young breakout character Laura (Dafne Keen).

Franco will next be seen in A24's The Disaster Artist, for which he is already receiving awards buzz as the movie's director and star. He is set to star in the Cohen brothers' first foray into television, The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

Franco is repped by UTA, Anonymous and Sloane Offer.

I don't like James Franco being in things.

Fox needs to sell... Like, today.

• Upvote 2

Loving Punisher so far. A bit random, but it has my favorite opening sequence / intro / theme song of most shows. Only one on Netflix that I listen / watch every time without using the "Skip Intro" button. lol

Bernthal is amazing. Great action in the show. Purpose, drive, motivation to tell the story is beyond superb. Only major complaint through 5 episodes is that I don't like the actress playing Dinah. Every one of these damn shows has ONE actor or actress that I just loathe and cannot stand. She takes it for this series. And it isn't her character I dislike, I just don't think she does a great job at portraying it. Seems 2nd - rate compared to the rest of the cast

Edited by Olenna4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I feel ashamed for not watching any Punisher yet. Also, the Multiple Man movie sounds like a terrible idea. FOX is such a dog shit studio.

​EDIT: Speaking of FOX. There is reports that they also have talked with Sony, Comcast and Verizon about selling as well. I can't imagine any of those companies out bidding Disney if they seriously want a deal though. However, with Marvel movie rights the word on the street is that regardless of who FOX sells to, the rights will revert back to Marvel. Supposedly the contract doesn't allow FOX to sell the rights to another company. Disney wants to make the deal for all the TV stuff they can acquire (Imagine Homer Simpson now being Disney property), plus the original Star Wars trilogy distribution rights belong to FOX so a deal would allow them to add those movies to the upcoming Disney streaming service. All of this is just speculation, but I can see it being true. If Marvel seriously signed off on a deal allowing another company to sell their characters without their approval then they had the worst lawyers of all time.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

Finished Punisher. Awesome. Only one bad episode of the bunch.

I know there are other stories to tell and Punisher storylines galore. But it is hard for me to imagine what a Season 2 looks like or how it could surpass what we just witnessed.