Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Justice League was okay. Characters were likeable, plot was stupid, villain was lame. After credit scene was dope, not gonna lie.

Really? I thought it was awesome, honestly think it's at least as good as anything in the MCU, and this is coming from someone who hasn't been a huge fan of the recent run of DC movies and has been a huge fan of just about everything in the MCU

It was fun and enjoyable in a lot of ways, but the story wasn't interesting and didn't flow well. Steppenwolf was a lame villain and comparable to Malekith who I think is the worst comic book movie villain in the past decade (not counting that F4 movie because I refused to watch that abomination). The movie was not bad by any stretch, it just isn't what I'd want from the first ever Justice League movie.

​Also, a $94 million dollar domestic opening weekend is rough for Warner Bros. executives. It wouldn't surprise me if the entire DCEU outside of Aquaman (already in production) and Wonder Woman 2 (they'd be crazy to cancel this) is now wiped clean. I still think using Flashpoint to soft reboot the universe to keep the good and send off the bad is the way to go. But we'll see, but regardless the big wigs at WB are not happy.

I am in between the two of you. Just saw it and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I felt it was a solid to good movie. Better than OK, but definitely not matching what Marvel puts out.... That is a joke. Lol.

Ezra Miller's Flash, as a character, was better than I was expecting. Cyborg was A LOT better than I was expecting. I love Cyborg and just in the previews he kinda looked like a shit fest. Aquaman wasn't super lame, so that was a plus. On the flip side, I hate how virgin Flash and Cyborg are. Cyborg feels like he integrated with the mother box yesterday and Flash literally said he had never fought anyone before (I realize Barry Allen is a sarcastic kind of character but I think that was serious). Cyborg's aesthetic look was too.. "edgy" or polygonal or whatever. It looks like they fixed that up at the very end there for a more rounded / smooth look, so that's fine I suppose.

Also, the story was so jam packed. It felt rushed, sloppily put together, and jumped from plot points abruptly. It made me feel like I was missing something or didn't get the entire picture. Which is, honestly, true... Considering we haven't seen half this team other than post credits scenes. Really wish they would have made other solo films first, but I can understand why they didn't want their timeline to flesh out that way.

Super Man is so fucking lame... I hate his presence and he dragged the movie down, IMO. Just wipe out his part of the universe, and ignore him.. Please. That also includes taking away that abomination of a Lex Luthor.. Holy shit.

SLADE FUCKING WILSON

is a win, but god damn it... I never want to see Jesse Eisenberg's fucking cue ball again. It's so bad.... So bad. I would literally rather watch another horrible Fantastic 4 reboot then watch more Super Man, even in a movie like this where he is flying around for 5 total air minutes.

And Affleck's Batman annoys me too, but not as much. He just mopes around and bitches and whines about his shitty life and how old he is. I don't mind some of that, but that is about all he is good for in these movies.

Another huge positive.. The movies tried it's hand at more humor than previous titles. I am not sure it hit as often as they would have liked, but A for Effort. It lightened the load. All of their movies are just so dark, and overly dramatic. It's just so... heavy, I think is the word. I feel drained, and not in a good way a lot of the time watching their other movies. Wonder Woman was better in that regard and tossed that ugly ass dark filter / saturation BS they used in Superman and BvS and this followed that WW mold more so -- which is a plus.

Also... Green Lantern easter egg!!!! Awwwwwwwwwww YISSSSSSSSSSSS as Vin would say. Thank God. PLease don't be shit. Please.... Please don't be shit. I beg of you, don't be shit.

Overall... Good. Better than I thought it would be. I hope they continue in this positive direction.

EDIT:

Oh yes, and I want to.. again.. gush about Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman. She is the perfect fit for the character. As perfect as RDJ is for Tony Stark. She IS Wonder Woman. Thank God that shit show studio got something right.

Edited by Olenna4Ever

I am in between the two of you. Just saw it and it definitely exceeded my expectations. I felt it was a solid to good movie. Better than OK, but definitely not matching what Marvel puts out.... That is a joke. Lol.

yeah, it's a bit of an exaggeration, I think the biggest thing is that it exceeded my expectations by so much, I thought they did an excellent job of balancing out the number of characters, particularly given how many were new, and Steppenwolf was actually a solid villain, which Marvel has had a lot of trouble with (but they're getting better)

How was Steppenwolf a decent villain? He had no real story or motivation with him, just a big strong CGI bad guy. Nothing to make the audience connect with him, and those of us who know comics knew he was just a pawn for Darkseid so that hurt him a bit too. I enjoyed the film, but Steppenwolf is a big reason why I'd knock it down a peg or so. DC is usually strong with villains, but they've been terrible in the DCEU outside of Zod.

Hopefully you felt the same in Thor and Avengers, being that Loki was just a minion of Thanos for the time being.

FTR -- I thought it was a solid villain. As Milla pointed out and as I described earlier, I think he and the movie as a whole was hurt by a lack of development. Also, I thought it was really dumb that he could just teleport to the mother boxes, but when it came to the human one he had to actually search for it and interrogate people... Until he just randomly teleported to it. lmao

One of the worst parts of Justice League for me is the fact that they killed off Superman just to bring him back for some pointless in-team fighting/then to save the day just half a movie later. Would have been much better to leave him dead for this movie and just have the lantern ring scene mean something and introduce Green Lantern to fight Steppenwolf/"save the day". Should have waited til Darkseid at the very least to resurrect him, would have actually had some meaning then.

Killing off Superman so early was stupid enough to me, but they only compounded it by only leaving him dead for half a movie...just, why? Superman dying in BvS was stupid in it's concept(how he died) anyway, but even ignoring that, what they did with his death is dumbfounding.

Edited by .AirMcNair.

The Loki being a henchmen for Thanos thing was a surprise twist though. Everyone (well everyone who likes DC Comics) knew going into Justice League that Steppenwolf was a Darkseid lacky to set up a bigger movie with him (that may not ever happen now).

​I also agree that killing Superman so early was a stupid ass move. They should've saved Doomsday and the Death of Superman arc for a later film instead of stuffing into an already overstuffed movie. Preferably a solo Superman movie, like Man of Steel 3 or something. What's sad is, they actually re-did nearly all of Superman's scenes in this movie too so I'm scared to think what Snyder's original plan was. There is a rumor that when he came back, he went full evil and sided with Steppenwolf until the end. You can also tell any re-shot Superman scenes because when he came back for reshoots with Whedon he had a mustache for Mission Impossible 6 that he contractually couldn't shave, so they had to CGI the stache away lol.

Trailer:

:phew:

There's no way this live up to the hype, right?

Also,

Erbody gon die.

Love the trailer. Really didn't give away much, just teased to the audience an idea of what characters they can expect and some of the settings. I think it was smart to save the Guardians for the last tease bit, a lot of the GA may not be aware of them being in the movie and it will probably hype up a lot of people in theaters when they are seeing Star Wars in a few weeks.

Love the trailer. Really didn't give away much, just teased to the audience an idea of what characters they can expect and some of the settings. I think it was smart to save the Guardians for the last tease bit, a lot of the GA may not be aware of them being in the movie and it will probably hype up a lot of people in theaters when they are seeing Star Wars in a few weeks.

You mean besides the whole

Vision getting the mindstone ripped out of his forehead?

You mean besides the whole

Vision getting the mindstone ripped out of his forehead?

But we knew that was going to happen, right?

Pretty much what ooch said, we know that Thanos was going to get all the stones at some point so it had to come out of Vision's noggin. Plus, we honestly don't know if they are successful in that scene. When they show the two gems in Thanos' gauntlet they were blue (Tesseract) and purple (the Orb, which as far as we know is on Xandar with the Nova Corps) and the Mind Stone in Vision's head is yellow. Who knows though, Marvel has been tricky with how they edit the CGI for trailers to hide things lately. So excited to finally see these movies in theaters soon!

There's no way this live up to the hype, right?

There is no way.

In reality I am just trying to temper expectations. But even if it is as amazing as it looks... What do they do after this? How could they top it? Good luck.

There is no way.

In reality I am just trying to temper expectations. But even if it is as amazing as it looks... What do they do after this? How could they top it? Good luck.

​They don't need to top this. As long as they keep making good movies it doesn't matter if they don't do one better or more epic than this. But with a buyout of FOX looking increasingly likely, Marvel will have some options with epic movies down the line. Avengers vs X-Men or a showdown with Galactus makes for an epic film.

Why did they have to throw in an army battle? Getting so tired of that. Its so unnecessary. They said it was going to be a heist film, looks like rehashed laziness to me.

Why did they have to throw in an army battle? Getting so tired of that. Its so unnecessary. They said it was going to be a heist film, looks like rehashed laziness to me.

​It is a heist film, it's Thanos trying to collect all the stones. When the movie opens he has no stones (assuming he doesn't have the Soul Stone), and Avengers 4 is expected to be him at full power. My guess is the army battle in Wakanda is protect the Soul Stone while Iron Man, Spider-Man, Doctor Strange and the Guardians take on Thanos in space. The one thing I've heard about this particular film is that the characters are split up and taking on different tasks throughout the movie.

​Also, the Disney/FOX deal is getting even closer and many predicting it will be announced next week. The MCU is about to become complete and I can't be more excited.

so where are all of the stones at this point? (as far as we know)

Mind stone is in Vision's head

Power stone is on Xandar with Nova Corps

Space stone is with Loki

Reality stone was last seen with the Collector, but hasn't appeared since Dark World and his place was blown up in the first Guardians, so this could be considered missing, right? am I missing something?

Time stone is with Dr. Strange

Soul stone we haven't seen, which means it's either in Wakanda or Thanos already has it

anything I'm missing?

so where are all of the stones at this point? (as far as we know)

Mind stone is in Vision's head

Power stone is on Xandar with Nova Corps

Space stone is with Loki

Reality stone was last seen with the Collector, but hasn't appeared since Dark World and his place was blown up in the first Guardians, so this could be considered missing, right? am I missing something?

Time stone is with Dr. Strange

Soul stone we haven't seen, which means it's either in Wakanda or Thanos already has it

anything I'm missing?

​You pretty much got it. As for the reality stone, there is info on a leaked scene from IW online that explains slightly what has happened with it but I won't spoil anything.

So it appears that tommorow morning we'll see the official announcement of the Disney/FOX deal. They're coming home. :Banana::makinitrain::clap::yay::devious: