Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

But FOX has no incentive to sell, it's not going to happen.

:laugh:

DC is developing a live action Titans series to be aired on some mystery streaming service of theirs this year (well 2018) . I'm hyped.

Who's ready for Good Guy Venom?!?!

Who's ready for Good Guy Venom?!?!

​I love the character and the idea sounds fun, but I don't trust Sony. Plus, I think they are dropping the ball on a golden chance to show Peter come in contact with the symbiote in IW and set up Venom in the MCU istead. But maybe a darker take on the property will make for a fun movie.

It's official, Disney has purchased the assets to 21st Century FOX and Marvel gets their characters back. Bob Iger also spoke about Deadpool and other R rated franchises and said Disney will NOT prevent any rated R Marvel movies from being made. Because most of us know that Disney loves money way too much to pass on that lol.

There would have been literal riots if they tried ruining Deadpool

I think this is best case scenario for Deadpool. Reynolds stays on, he can just 4th wall break his way into MCU and audiences will eat it up. His movies won't have any major impacts on anything else, but now we can have comical crossovers with MCU characters. Like how Colossus was in the first, now you could use Hulk in that role potentially. I'm just so excited for the future MCU, I can't believe they actually are getting these characters back. They just need to buy up the Spider-Man rights from Sony and then work something out with Universal for Hulk/Namor distribution and they officially brought all the rights back. Honestly, the first is way more likely than the second.

No Hugh Jackman with the Avengers.

:fbm:

Also, the meta jokes about Disney creates some fantastic potential

No Hugh Jackman with the Avengers.

:fbm:

​I am 100% happy about this. Hugh's take on Wolverine was epic and a lot of people recognize him for it but he did it for 17 years and ended it on a perfect note with Logan. Bringing him back for an MCU movie would cheapen that film for me. Plus, if Hugh did come back it would likely be for just one big epic team up with the Avengers and that's it. Marvel is going to want someone to play Wolverine for a long slate of movies. Plus while Jackman was great, Marvel will find someone who looks more like the comic version and we'll see a more colorful comic inspired version of the character. Something different from what we've seen so far with Hugh Jackman. I'm pretty excited to see how they handle Wolverine, because he's too epic to not get MCU representation with the rights coming back but it's going to be a sticky situation replacing Hugh Jackman. It's one thing to recast the Andrew Garfield Spider-Man, it's another to recast Hugh Jackman.

I agree. I was moreso lamenting on what could've been.

All the fun people are probably gonna be dead after IW, so it'd be moot anyway.

Woah woah woah!

Sebastian Stan was at ACE Comic Con and says he personally talked to Hugh Jackman -- and Jackman is very interested in a potential X-Men crossover / joining the MCU now that Disney owns Fox...

Nothing concrete obviously... But Jackman's wolverine may not be done just yet.

Woah woah woah!

Sebastian Stan was at ACE Comic Con and says he personally talked to Hugh Jackman -- and Jackman is very interested in a potential X-Men crossover / joining the MCU now that Disney owns Fox...

Nothing concrete obviously... But Jackman's wolverine may not be done just yet.

​It's done, even if Hugh wants to come back Kevin Feige won't bring him in for just one movie. He's going to want a younger actor to play the character for a long time.

​It's done, even if Hugh wants to come back Kevin Feige won't bring him in for just one movie. He's going to want a younger actor to play the character for a long time.

You dont think they could get away with having him play an older version of the new wolverine and just so funny stuff with the timeline especially if Deadpool (Cable) is involves ?

I think its totally doable and I think it could be really good. As like a new send off. An official passing the baton to a new wolverine.

The only problem would be making it feel natural and not forced. You dont want to do it just to do it. It has to make sense and have real purpose .

Venom poster:

venom.jpg

Trailer tomorrow.

Edited by Sparty

Edited by Olenna4Ever

Still not sure how I feel about the Venom movie. I love the character but think this is a cash grab by Sony.

Is Zorro a superhero? He’s like Batman kind of. He fights for good, has a costume, secret identity. All that stuff. Yes or no?

Just saw Black Panther. Movie was awesome, acting was great, action was great, movie looked sutnning. Michael B. Jordan gave one of the best villainous performances in the MCU, loved his portrayal of Killmonger. I also love the movie didn't waste itself with unnecessary MCU references, it stood on it's own and opened up many new chapters to tell.

​The only thing that bothered me was...

Seeing Klaw die. Andy Serkis was awesome in the role and I hated the quick exit, especially after how he was set up in Age of Ultron.

Seeing it tomorrow I guess.

Bay checking out the superhero movies :O

Seeing it today after work ! Get hype !

Michael Jordan's performance is being WAYYYYYYY over blown. Dude can't act his way outside of a paper bag.. But his character is great and written extremely well. There are a thousand actors who could have done that gig better and that is my major gripe with the movie.

• Upvote 1

Could the real Michael Jordan have given a better performance?