Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

First of all, there is like a million different Green Lanterns. It isn't a hero like Batman where we know it is Bruce Wayne, or Iron Man is Tony Stark. There is several human versions of Green Lantern, the two most famous being John Stewart (famous for the Justice League cartoon series) and Hal Jordan (who Ryan Reynolds portrayed in the live action movie). The "fag" Green Lantern is Alan Scott. Who was actually the first ever character to be known as Green Lantern. He has been rebooted for a new comic series in which he is indeed, homosexual.

Second, there is no need for all this "queer" and "fag" stuff. We all joke with those words sometimes, but they are usually in a playfull manner. You just come off as a major homophobe and I've seen you throw those words around all over the place. There really isn't a need for it.

wow..so in "all over the place" you mean one thread huh?..where i said something about jerry sandusky, and a dude came in and felt the need to correct me when i referred to sandusky as gay, and somehow calling a man that raped male kids as gay, he felt that i comdemmed the entire world by calling that man gay...so, if i was gonna already be corrected for something i never said, I told my true opinion of how i persoannly feel about gays/homos, and my view of that concerning the laws of nature, I left out religion as far as detail...

is that what you mean by me "throwing it around all over the place?"...one other place? okay..guess I am wrong there too huh? cause if you say it then it is right?...

some of the membership in this place really has a god complex, where they feel the need to tell others what to say, and love taking things out of context, even in this case--a flat out lie...all over the place?

it is a recent development in the comic world is it not?-- is it relevant to the thread?--is it alright for the non gay people who disapprove of that lifestyle to at least be able to speak their minds on this subject?--is free speech allowed in this place?

and as far as "all over the place"--go reread my words on the jerry sandusky post, my first one where some dude felt the need to correct me over--nothing...I think this thread here, made that guy--bait me into a gay arguement, because all i said was jerry sandusky is a gay rapist..and I was corrected for--that?...told I was wrong, and I felt I wasn't.

the one constant here is this--I post on subject--and you guys personally attack me by twisting my words, or in your case here--stretch the truth...all over the placehuh?

free speech I guess only works for you then?--I have zero rights to that, but you have all rights to tell me I am wrong...one thing here dude--I dont' attack you personally, or change your words, or misquote you, i just defend my words, that simple...

some of the members here--really need to understand-you can disagree with anyone, and that is fine..but you croos the line when--you tell them that they are wrong based on nothing more than--they feel differently than you do..

doesn't a religious person have a view just like a gay person does?--and should we be able to hear--both sides without saying one should be muzzled???

free speech bros.this place, because of some mebers-isn't as cool as i once thought it to be...not because of disagreements--but because many need to understand that opinions are varied, and you can disagree..

but not one damn dude really has the right to say--you are wrong and shouldn't say that...I would be wrong for that myself--if i said that promoting anything gay is wrong and you shouldn't say that pro gay stuff...

I don't do that..but you and many do that very thing, for the opposite side of the debate.think about it.

Edited by Steelrain43
  • Downvote 2

wow..so in "all over the place" you mean one thread huh?..where i said something about jerry sandusky, and a dude came in and felt the need to correct me when i referred to sandusky as gay, and somehow calling a man that raped male kids as gay, he felt that i comdemmed the entire world by calling that man gay...so, if i was gonna already be corrected for something i never said, I told my true opinion of how i persoannly feel about gays/homos, and my view of that concerning the laws of nature, I left out religion as far as detail...

is that what you mean by me "throwing it around all over the place?"...one other place? okay..guess I am wrong there too huh? cause if you say it then it is right?...

some of the membership in this place really has a god complex, where they feel the need to tell others what to say, and love taking things out of context, even in this case--a flat out lie...all over the place?

it is a recent development in the comic world is it not?-- is it relevant to the thread?--is it alright for the non gay people who disapprove of that lifestyle to at least be able to speak their minds on this subject?--is free speech allowed in this place?

and as far as "all over the place"--go reread my words on the jerry sandusky post, my first one where some dude felt the need to correct me over--nothing...I think this thread here, made that guy--bait me into a gay arguement, because all i said was jerry sandusky is a gay rapist..and I was corrected for--that?...told I was wrong, and I felt I wasn't.

the one constant here is this--I post on subject--and you guys personally attack me by twisting my words, or in your case here--stretch the truth...all over the placehuh?

free speech I guess only works for you then?--I have zero rights to that, but you have all rights to tell me I am wrong...one thing here dude--I dont' attack you personally, or change your words, or misquote you, i just defend my words, that simple...

some of the members here--really need to understand-you can disagree with anyone, and that is fine..but you croos the line when--you tell them that they are wrong based on nothing more than--they feel differently than you do..

doesn't a religious person have a view just like a gay person does?--and should we be able to hear--both sides without saying one should be muzzled???

free speech bros.this place, because of some mebers-isn't as cool as i once thought it to be...not because of disagreements--but because many need to understand that opinions are varied, and you can disagree..

but not one damn dude really has the right to say--you are wrong and shouldn't say that...I would be wrong for that myself--if i said that promoting anything gay is wrong and you shouldn't say that pro gay stuff...

I don't do that..but you and many do that very thing, for the opposite side of the debate.think about it.

This thread isn't about Sandusky, so I'm not going to get into an argument over that guy. The problem here isn't your right to free speech, it is the tone of which you discuss gay people. It comes off as homophobic and borderline offensive. When you to refer to them as "fucking queers" and "faggots", it comes off hateful and vulgar. I'm not a mod telling you what to do, but your tone when referring to gay people just comes off hateful.

This is as far as I'm going to discuss this in this thread. This thread isn't about gay people, it is about superheroes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First of all, you're debating the lesser of two points here. You may not have "thrown the words around," but your words were not twisted in any way. There's nothing about "so i must say--cannot believe now, that green lantern is a fucking queer..even fags need a superhero?..." that can be interpreted as anything but homophobic. You can dance around the point and write twelve pages about how you've only made these comments in two threads, but the fact of the matter is that you have made homophobic comments.

Furthermore, you asked for peoples' thoughts and Milla provided his, but your response is a poorly written novel about how everyone should be able to accept the other side of a debate and be able to exercise free speech. Hypocrisy at its finest. You made ignorant and hateful comments regarding homosexual people and now you want to play the part of some free speech lovemonger? Fuck that.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

First of all, you're debating the lesser of two points here. You may not have "thrown the words around," but your words were not twisted in any way. There's nothing about "so i must say--cannot believe now, that green lantern is a fucking queer..even fags need a superhero?..." that can be interpreted as anything but homophobic. You can dance around the point and write twelve pages about how you've only made these comments in two threads, but the fact of the matter is that you have made homophobic comments.

Furthermore, you asked for peoples' thoughts and Milla provided his, but your response is a poorly written novel about how everyone should be able to accept the other side of a debate and be able to exercise free speech. Hypocrisy at its finest. You made ignorant and hateful comments regarding homosexual people and now you want to play the part of some free speech lovemonger? Fuck that.

hypocrisy?--where?--I never said he shouldn't say this or that...I said--he shoudl be allowed to disagree without telling anyone how to think, and I should enjoy the same freedom..hypocrisy?

if you wanna defend homosexual people--fine..I will play the other side, without hating you--but when you or anybody else twists this into 'you shouldn't" crap--expect a novel..

that simple.you don't tell me shit...you don't matter to me, and likewise.I do not agree with homosexuality..I use the words fag/homo/gay in person and online, as I bet many of you do as well..differance is--when i do it, it is wrong..however I guess all of you are above me right?..

that--is hypocrisy....you guys, are the ones that are untruthful, and living in hypocriscy, not me..

so i ask--do you guys ever say the words mentioned above?...context doesn't matter, my context was calling sandusky a gay rapist..that's it...and I was called out...

so-if i am gonna be called out for only that--I give ya something to actually sink your teeth into then..and none of you have the guts to do it, you pretend and be the fake ass online persona of goody goody people that you aren't in real life..

just not buying into this dude...you guys are fake...and searching for anyone to put up anything you can attack..

and one more thing zakk---your pic is horrid..dont take out your frustrations on me because you are that damn ugly, and no chick will screw you..I didn't make you, and I didn't run over your ugly fat face with a truck...shave your ass and post that--will be an improvement.. just go and eat half of a chocalate cake with your diet pepsi and hate me some more...you're fat...and you can't do a damn thing about it..

now--like in the other post---I once again defended my words, because I said something on topic about superheros, and a guy posting mentioned another place where I had posted--on a similar twist..

so once again--if you have something to say to me fine, do it on my profile and we can argue and insult each other to the max...but let this thread once again return to superheros...I will not post on this thread again, but will answer your posts by me messaging your directly on YOUR profile..

• Downvote 3

I'm not a mod telling you what to do, but your tone when referring to gay people just comes off hateful.

No, you are not.

But I am.

SteelRain, you need to compose yourself a little better. You can discuss your opinions on the newly released and somewhat controversially gay version of Allan Scott, if you please.

But as pointed out by your peers, you are coming across full of hatred and disgust. I will not tell you how to act, think, or feel. But I will ask you to filter yourself better here at The Gridiron Palace.

I also do not appreciate (from all of you) bringing the Sandusky thread stuff over into this thread. We are not going to be discussing that in this thread (and IMHO, anywhere) any longer.

Keep your posts on topic and in good taste.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to PM me... Or you can take it NHB.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Since this thread has died since getting derailed, I'll get it back on track with some more movie news.

Are Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy on the way from Marvel?

Could it be that “Ant-Man” and “Guardians of the Galaxy” are the next two standalone movies that Marvel is making? Two new speculative bits of information seem to confirm that that’s the case.

Bleeding Cool seems to have sources in just the right places, because they have the scoop on both of these projects. First, they learned that a handful of people have recently come into some popular London comic book stores looking for anything and everything related to “Ant-Man.”

“Here’s the thing. No one asks for Ant Man comics,” the site writes. “Not even, I’m told, when Marvel was still publishing Ant Man comics. Each time the individuals have been asked if it’s for the Edgar Wright and Joe Cornish film and they jump back, spooked, asking how they could possibly know…”

Apparently the latest batch of people who came searching were asking for “Ant-Man” comics that had to do with the “echo time locator” from the “old series,” whatever that is. Regardless, it doesn’t seem too unlikely that a British director like Edgar Wright would be doing his research for his upcoming movie in his home city. And he’s teased that “Ant-Man” is close to being ready to film many, many times.

Bleeding Cool has also learned that Marvel has filed trademarks for pretty much everything that could be related to “Guardians of the Galaxy.”

“Marvel Comics have just filed eleven new trademark applications for GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY covering everything from jewelery to beverages to furniture to cosmetics,” the site writes. “The applications cover International Classes 3, 14, 16, 20, 24, 29, 30, 32, 35, 41, 42, and also include computer games, fabrics, foods, paper goods, entertainment and internet services, and even retail store services.”

Marvel could just be doing that because of a rumored “Guardians of the Galaxy” comic book relaunch by Brian Michael Bendis, but we highly doubt it. Instead, the studio is likely preparing for the upcoming movie, which will usher in a whole new wave of merchandising. Neither of these two news tidbits guarantee anything, but we’ll bet that we’re going to hear something confirming that these two projects are in development very shortly.

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2012/06/ant-man-guardians-of-the-galaxy-marvel

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/11/no-new-dc-movies-until-2015

The Dark Knight Rises hits this month. Man of Steel is next summer. And then after that... it looks like we may all be taking a bit of a break from live-action DC films.

The LA Times reports that "none of the DC movies currently in the works has a producer, director or cast, save for Zack Snyder’s $200-million-plus Man of Steel. ... As a result, it will likely be at least three years before a new DC title hits the big screen, according to several knowledgeable people close to Warner Bros. who were not authorized to speak publicly."

The paper also confirms that Dark Knight director Christopher Nolan did at least talk to Warner Bros. about continuing on as producer on the recently announced Justice League movie and planned Batman reboot. Nolan said over the weekend that he will not be involved with those films.

"It was a conversation we had," Warner Bros. film group President Jeff Robinov says. "Obviously anything you can get Chris involved in is great."

So now the plan appears to be to bring awareness of the DC characters to the public over the next few years via games, toys, comics and TV -- as with the reveal today that the Justice League will be appearing in a Silver Age Arkham City game sequel. But do people really need to be made aware of characters like Wonder Woman, the Flash and Aquaman?

"My hope is that over the next month or so," Robinov says, "we’ll be ready to lay out the plan for the next DC movies."

Woah, wait. They announced an Arkham City sequel???????

35sycg.jpg

Don't think the Antman movie will go over well at all.

Speaking of Arkham city, anybody ever catch all of the riddler's 5 trillion billion riddle things?

Yeah, I did all the Riddler stuff, both Batman and Catwoman's. When you collect all the Batman Riddler stuff, you get to confront Riddler, though it is kind of anticlimatic for all the work you put into it.

Don't think the Antman movie will go over well at all.

Lol Antman. Gooooo Martain Manhunter!

I actually like Ant-Man/Giant Man. Think he could have a good movie if done well, but the problem is people probably won't give it a chance because the idea of Ant-Man is kind of silly. I hope if they don't give him his own movie, that they at least give him an appearence in The Avengers sequel or even hint at his exsistence. He and Wasp were two of the founding Avengers, they probably should've been in the original film instead of Hawkeye and Black Widow.

I actually like Ant-Man/Giant Man. Think he could have a good movie if done well, but the problem is people probably won't give it a chance because the idea of Ant-Man is kind of silly. I hope if they don't give him his own movie, that they at least give him an appearence in The Avengers sequel or even hint at his exsistence. He and Wasp were two of the founding Avengers, they probably should've been in the original film instead of Hawkeye and Black Widow.

Except their lame.. What's going to garner more interest. Ant Man or a love interest plot line featuring Hawkeye.

And Ant-Man would be given a chance by the general public, just because it's another super hero movie. Unfortunately for them, any such film would flop.... So we would just be better off not seeing it... And thus, not making it at all.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/15/comic-con-marvel-presents-thor-2-cap-2-guardians-and-ant-man

Marvel made some huge announcements Saturday at San Diego Comic-Con about their "Phase Two" of self-produced movies. Thor 2 will be titled Thor: The Dark World. Captain America 2 will be called Captain America: The Winter Soldier. Yes, they're going there! And confirming recent reports, Marvel announced that their other big 2014 release besides Cap 2 will be Guardians of the Galaxy.

Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige confirmed that the current lineup of the Guardians will be in the movie: Star Lord, Gamora, Drax the Destroyer, Groot and, yes, Rocket Raccoon! Don't believe us? Then look at the official concept art the studio has released for the movie. (To think we live in a world where Rocket Raccoon gets a movie before Wonder Woman or Doctor Strange!)

But that wasn't all Marvel revealed. They brought out writer-director Edgar Wright who showed the crowd his recently filmed proof of concept test footage for Ant-Man. For details of what that scene entailed and what the Ant-Man suit looked like, watch our video news piece below:

Finally, Marvel released the following title logos for their Phase Two films. Enjoy!

ant-man-logo-SDCC-610x411.jpg

captain-america2-winter-soldier-logo-sdcc-610x381.jpg

thor-the-dark-world-logo-sdcc-610x411.jpg

iron-man3-title-logo-SDCC-610x298.jpg

Wonder what the studios are going to think of the Ant Man test reel. Lameness? lol. Let me control my family of ants!! ha >_>

Maybe Ryan Reynolds has some competition.

• Downvote 1

I'm not surprised they went with the Winter Soldier route for Cap, I'm intrigued by that and I'm intrigued to hear more about what they will do with Thor. I can't wait to see that Ant-Man footage either.

I know little about Guardians of the Galaxy except that Kevin Feige wants them to get more exposure in a feature film. I knew a movie involving them was coming. I might look into their story/pick up a cheap comic book on them.

Also, I hope we get a Deadpool movie. But I think that is up to FOX and not Marvel Studios. But supposedly they plan on doing one with Ryan Reynolds completly rebooted from what we saw in the Wolverine movie.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

Ryan Reynolds ruining two of my favorite heroes. Can't wait.

Ryan Reynolds ruining two of my favorite heroes. Can't wait.

Actually, the more I think about it, the better I feel about Reynolds possibly doing Deadpool. He may not be ideal, but it should be waaaay better than Green Lantern. He may have enough of a comedic side to pull off Deadpool, especially since I read they'd like for him to break the fourth wall a lot like in the comics.

Also, I looked up on it and FOX does hold the rights to the project and supposedly they are supposed to film in 2012 but I've heard no official announcement or anything like that. Just that Tim Miller will direct and Reynolds is supposed to be attached to the main role again.

Ryan Reynolds comedy and that of Deadpool are so far apart.

Hopefully they wise up and don't mute him like they did in Wolverine. Idiots.

I don't like the idea of Rocket Raccoon, and I think Groot may be tricky to pull off; but the rest the Guardians (at least the ones mentioned in the article) seem pretty cool.

Ryan Reynolds comedy and that of Deadpool are so far apart.

Hopefully they wise up and don't mute him like they did in Wolverine. Idiots.

The movie is going to be distanced from Wolverine despite keeping Reynolds on supposedly. I've read they plan for it to be rated R. It is really weird though, because I've read a lot of stuff as if this is happening but there is no real announcement or release date. Bt I'm real intrigued now lol, I want to see Deadpool in a movie.

The movie is going to be distanced from Wolverine despite keeping Reynolds on supposedly. I've read they plan for it to be rated R. It is really weird though, because I've read a lot of stuff as if this is happening but there is no real announcement or release date. Bt I'm real intrigued now lol, I want to see Deadpool in a movie.

As long as they are loyal to the character, even if Reynolds is playing him, I will be eagerly anticipating such a film.

If the movie features a Weapon X type of spin with lots of creative liberties and we get a super mutant Deadpool who doesn't speak. I am going to rage.

Edited by Favre4Ever

As long as they are loyal to the character, even if Reynolds is playing him, I will be eagerly anticipating such a film.

If the movie features a Weapon X type of spin with lots of creative liberties and we get a super mutant Deadpool who doesn't speak. I am going to rage.

I doubt they do that, they said they want him to break the fourth wall and be the Merc with the Mouth. I'm pumped for this movie, hell I'm looking forward to all the new hero movies though, starting with The Dark Knight Rises this week.

Edited by Milla4Prez63