Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Marvel should have the rights to Cloak & Dagger, they were considering the project in the mid 2000s. But it could be a dual rights kind of deal like Quicksilver because they are mutants and have been members of the X-Men.

-- Dawn of Justice just filmed the scene in which Bruce Wayne's parents are murdered...

-- Sony is denying an Aunt May movie is being talked about

-- The CW finally released pictures of Laurel in her Black Canary outfit, which she will put on for the first time in Ep. 10.

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Black-Canary-Arrow-small-550x824.jpg

1. -- Dawn of Justice just filmed the scene in which Bruce Wayne's parents are murdered...

2. -- Sony is denying an Aunt May movie is being talked about

-- The CW finally released pictures of Laurel in her Black Canary outfit, which she will put on for the first time in Ep. 10.

http://bitcast-a-sm.bitgravity.com/slashfilm/wp/wp-content/images/Black-Canary-Arrow-small-550x824.jpg

1.It's gonna get cut out of the final version, I'm sure. We've seen that 30 million times already.

2. That troll report obviously did its job, lmao.

I think it will probably stay in there. My guess it will just be a short little thing.. They won't delve too deep into it.

And it isn't news, really, but.. Harvey Dent is coming to Gotham Monday night!!!!

Gotham-109-01.jpg

It was revealed that he won't be all goody goody like Aaron Eckhart was as Dent. He will still be a good person with good intentions, but he will tap into an angrier darker side as well, foreshadowing his change to Two Face.

I hope they cut it, they should be smart enough to realize that the reason they are going with an older Batman is because of how close this is to the popular Nolan version. We know Batman....we don't need any back story...especially with this Batman being in operation for over 30 years or whatever.

The fact that the Aunt May thing even was a rumor is the problem with Sony. Even if it is 100% false the fact that it has gotten to this point with them shows how horrible it has been recently.

The Wayne death scene has been done so many god damn times. We get it already.

Oh ya, I hear ya and agree completely, That why I hope Spider-Man just kind of dies. I don't think I could handle another origin story. So sick of it.

What do you guys think is happening with Guardians 2 and a potential Adam Warlock appearance? James Gunn at one point confirmed it was his cocoon in lair of The Collector. And just recently he got all wishy wahsy on us and was like... well maybe, it wasn't Adam Warlock on there (we see the burst cocoon at one point).

"Yeah, there’s a cocoon that’s exactly like Adam Warlock’s," admitted James Gunn. "I wasn’t really thinking that much when I put that in. That was my idea to put that in there. They’re like, 'What should we put in?' So I went in the Marvel handbook and like just picked cool things that looked neat to put into the boxes."

"It looked like Adam’s Warlock cocoon, so now everyone thinks he’s out of there and you know… I don’t know," said the director, without denying the possibility of the character being properly introduced in Guardians of the Galaxy 2. "There’s a lot of stuff in there and there’s also a lot of things that people think they see that I don’t think is in there – unless the visual effects guys were pulling tricks on me… which they could have!"

He did say he already knows exactly what is going to happen in the sequel (although it hasn't been written yet). He was also kind of hinting at maybe a spin off movie after Guardians 2. Of course, it's wayyyyyyyyyyyyy too early for that.

And one last Guardians piece of news... The ending was altered!

An original ending to Marvel's space-set superhero film Guardians of the Galaxy, in which Peter Quill's grandfather knew that his young grandson has been abducted, was changed because it was "freaking sad".

Writer-director James Gunn said this week that three more characters – The Collector, Nebula and Grandpa Quill – filmed footage for the final scene, but were cut for not fitting in.

At the launch of the Guardians of the Galaxy Blu-ray edition, Gunn said he was worried people wouldn't recognise Grandpa Quill in old age make-up, and that his moment was too sad for the upbeat ending.

Gunn said, "He has this photograph of Meredith (Peter Quill's mother) and Peter as a little boy and he looks up at the stars and we go up to the stars and it was really sweet.

"It means that he must have seen Quill getting abducted at the end of that day and is still waiting for him to return but it was freaking sad so we took it out."

Warlock is def in the next one. He plays some part in the infinity war story I believe.

Oh ya, he plays a HUGE part... lol. If they are taking the story where it should be going, anyway. BUt I just found it weird that, Gunn confirmed it was him before and now... Now all of a sudden he acts like it isn't. What's the point of that, exactly? lol

I don't know. The comic movie genre is on super lock down when it comes to plot details. When they get defensive and secretive that is when I start believing it is actually going to happen.

On another topic I want to go on record with this thought. Now I have NO actual or fictional evidence to believe this BUT.......I think the Hulk is going to be the one character that is "moved around" by the end of Avengers 2 AOU. We know there will be a roster shake up so probably one or two small character moves, but I feel like it will be the Hulk and here is how...

-Hulk is mind-controlled by Scarlet Witch or set off by someone and rampages (hence the fight with Iron Man) and kills innocent people or creates damage to the point the world can't give him a pass.

-By the end the team decides to send the Hulk off because the government pressure and damage is too much to stick up for Hulk so they send him....outer space.

-Hulk shows up at the end of Guardians 2 setting up the Guardians trip to Earth to crossover with Avengers in the Infinity Wars and they bring Hulk along because they will need him to beat Thanos.

-Hulk decides to leave Earth after defeating Thanos because of how the team betrayed him and that sets up a Planet Hulk in Phase 4! :bow:

Hulk makes sense to possible be moved around, he was never really a consistent member of the Avengers for most of the early days. He was a founding member but he was off the team by the 3rd issue and replaced by an unfrozen Captain America. He has been a big part of the Defenders, so maybe he could pop up in that though I doubt it. The whole Hulk appearing in Guardians of the Galaxy 2 in some fashion theory has become popular, though Hulk has never been a member of the team before. The only Avenger to have been a Guardian was Iron Man, which was in recent comics with the Marvel NOW! relaunch.

Either way, I want to see Hulk more involved in the MCU and not just popping up in team up movies. I know the two solo movies made in the past underperformed but people seem to really like Ruffalo's Banner and the genre has taken off since The Incredible Hulk came out.

In my mind The Hulk wouldn't be in GOTG 2 like a main character, just a end credit scene or something that shows the Guardians finding The Hulk's ship or whatever which basically would set up how he gets back to Earth because the Guardians will end up on Earth in Avengers 3.

As far as the Hulk solo movies I believe that will be phase 4 because RDJ and Chris Evans and probably Hemsworth will all be moving out of the Marvel game as major stars.

Didn't Gunn already squash the Hulk in GOTG2 theory?

https://deadline.com/2014/11/daniel-bruhl-captain-america-robert-downey-jr-chris-evans-1201284648/

EXCLUSIVE: Daniel Bruhl is set to play the villain role in the next Captain America: Civil War, the one that will also bring Robert Downey Jr. and his Iron Man character as central to the conflict of the new film. The third installment, to be directed by Joe and Anthony Russo, brings back Chris Evans and marks the debut of Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, and Sebastian Stan, who’s back as The Winter Soldier. Samuel L. Jackson and Scarlett Johansson are also expected to take part. I have to say I’m disappointed with Marvel Studios, which took my inquiry as reason to rush up a press release on the inhouse website. I guess they’ve decided to leave virtues like honesty to the Marvel characters. So short sighted.

Bruhl had his breakout role in the U.S. with Inglourious Basterds and turned in distinguished performances as the race car driver Niki Lauda in Rush and also starred in The Fifth Estate. The Russos are building up their Marvel cred with this all-star outing, and I keep hearing they will step up to the ultimate Marvel all-star team and take the reins of The Avengers franchise from Joss Whedon, possibly with that next film that will shoot back to back. Tavistock Wood Management, Players Agentur Management, and WME rep Bruhl.

Didn't Gunn already squash the Hulk in GOTG2 theory?

My theory is a end credit scene scenario that isn't really him in the movie. And.....Gunn is a liar :smug:

I wonder who Bruhl is actually playing. Possibly someone in the government who sets off the registration act. Possibly Dell Rusk, which could tie things in nicely for Cap. I just hope they don't make things too one sided between Cap and Tony in this movie, the thing about the comic was for people to pick a side but my problem is the movie is being branded as a Captain America movie, so are they really going to make it more one sided towards him?

Bruhl is a great and very underrated actor! Love it.

Also, you are right in your hesitations Milla. That's what makes Civil War such an interesting plot line, for me anyway. The division between heroes.. The choices that have to be made and the conflicts that arise because of those decisions. That's what Civil War is... And if they can't nail that and do make it more one sided as you are worried about... We are in trouble.

It's too early to say for sure, but I just think that if they were going to do a Civil War movie it had to be under the Avengers brand or possibly just called Marvel's Civil War. The Civil War concept being the basis of Captain America 3 is just something I'm not totally 100% on. I'll obviously be there opening night, and I'm excited to see it I'm just not so sure this is the right way to do this story. Plus, there are other Marvel stories I would've rather seen get movie treatment before Civil War. I would've loved Secret Invasion, especially with the cosmic side of the MCU being expanded upon with Guardians of the Galaxy, bringing the Skrulls to Earth would've been a good way to tie things together and create more tension.

I'll just wait and see what their plan is for this movie. They obviously won't and can't follow the comic totally. Too many leading players from the comic aren't under the Marvel Studios umbrella of film rights. Too many characters and plot devices to fit into one movie. I'm assuming they are going to go for a more personal story with Steve and Tony and we may not even see the registration act involved at all. I've heard theories of people saying the film may be about Tony leading a group to capture Bucky and bring him to justice while Steve fights to protect him. Who knows, but I do know that people who aren't comic fans are going into a CAPTAIN AMERICA movie and seeing Iron Man as his enemy just may automatically make him the bad guy when it should be more ambiguous. I have a lot of faith in Marvel Studios though and I expect the movie will be good and will almost certainly turn a massive profit, just from a perspective of a fan I'm not sure I like what they are doing with this. I was kind of hoping they'd avoid Civil War all together, but it was just too popular of an arc with people for them to ignore it.

@Milla I get your fears for the movie and those are valid points. When Civil War was announced I automatically felt that Marvel wanted to give their version of "Batman vs Superman" for lack of a better term.

I'm not one of those people that believe Marvel and DC is at war or that having movies open close to each other will take money from the other because its really not true. So I'm not saying it was a way to compete with DC just a way to say to fans we can make that type of crossover movie too outside of Avengers.

I don't have the fear that they will move too far away from the comic. Feige has talked about the registration act being the main conflict in the movie so I don't feel they will go away from that for a Winter Soldier type deal. Avengers 2 sets up the demand for a registration act perfectly so I feel confident they will head in this direction. It is very early so anything can happen, but from the legit movie sources I read and watch their YouTube channels they all believe the main characters from the Avengers will appear in the Civil War movie. Of course they won't be starring roles, but they will maybe be sprinkled throughout the movie and show up in the final scene.

Adding Black Panther to the mix is another sign to me that they will stay true to the comic sorta speak. We all know he is replacing Spider-man (as of now) as the undecided party. I've heard that the people on the Anti-registration side find refuge in Wakanda which pulls Black Panther into the story. Whether they go that way or not, I don't think any other main conflict could really justify having Black Panther leave his homeland at any stretch to get involved.

Lastly as far as Iron Man being basically labeled the "villian" that is a distinct possibility if done the wrong way. Feige and Boseman in their interviews talked about the story line presenting two sides that both have very valid points and you can see why the heroes could choose either side. I have to believe they are going into this with the right intentions. Just have to wait and see the execution.

I don't think it was a reaction to Batman v Superman, Civil War was just something that was going to be done regardless and the tension between Steve and Tony was apparent in Avengers and things are just going to keep boiling up. They just have the challenge of doing this while trying to make the audience not hate Tony Stark like the comic audience did when they did this story.

Also, theory time. Since we were talking about the possibility of a roster shakeup involving Hulk. But how about...Thor? That leaked scene of Tony and Steve chopping wood had an interesting line where Stark said Thor was looking for answers after the Maximoff kid showed him something. Now Idris Elba spilled the beans about him and Tom Hiddleston popping up in the movie which makes me wonder...did Scarlet Witch reveal to Thor what Loki is really doing in Asgard after the events of The Dark World? It may upset Thor so much that he bails back to Asgard as the rest of the Avengers prepare for their final stand against Ultron. I expect something in the movie to set up Ragnarok somehow though. Feige has pretty much said that movie will be Phase 3's Winter Soldier to shake things up. Likely because Thanos will be involved somehow, as Asgard is the home to an infinity stone AND the infinity gauntlet (was seen in Odin's treasure room in the first movie). A lot of exciting stuff coming up...

I fully expect Thor to go back to Asgard by the end of Avengers 2. He went back after the first one. I don't know if I see that as him being moved off the Avengers roster though? :shrug:

Loki will be giving Thanos the infinity gauntlet at some point in time. That pretty much has been set up for awhile and would be shocked if it doesn't happen that way.

I only say a reaction to BvS because Civil War most people think is an arc for an Avengers movie not Captain America 3. We know they set up Infinity Wars/Gauntlet storyline from the very beginning as the overall arc. IMO Civil War wasn't a part of their plans. I believe they had the tensions set up just in case they want to explore that avenue (Marvel is great at giving themselves potential plots) and so once they were trying to figure out what to do with RDJ's contract and if it was possible to do Civil War in Phase 4...they realized the time to do it is now and the only place to fit it is Cap 3. Because Winter Soldier clearly set up a different story in which Falcon and Cap were gonna be chasing down the Winter Soldier and finding out what happened with him.

Apparently there's some concept art of Baron Zemo that was unused for Cap 2 that's floating around in the interwebs. No idea if it's legit or not.

I think Taskmaster would be kinda fun too, but I dunno if a solo (essentially) Cap film is the place to do it.

Apparently there's some concept art of Baron Zemo that was unused for Cap 2 that's floating around in the interwebs. No idea if it's legit or not.

I think Taskmaster would be kinda fun too, but I dunno if a solo (essentially) Cap film is the place to do it.

http://variety.com/2014/film/news/captain-america-3-daniel-bruhl-to-play-the-villain-1201356810/

“Rush” actor Daniel Bruhl is set to play one of the villains in “Captain America: Civil War.”Marvel made the announcement on Friday.

Disney’s third “Captain America” feature, that will co-star Chris Evans and Robert Downey Jr., and feature a significant appearance by Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, is set for release May 6, 2016, and will launch the Civil War storyline from the Marvel comicbooks as Variety first reported.

Sources tell Variety that Bruhl, who co-starred in “Rush,” is not the main villain in “Captain America: Civil War” but could potentially be the top menace in Marvel’s “Doctor Strange.”

“It’s a big storyline,” Marvel’s Kevin Feige recently said of the Civil War, adding that “this is the Civil War of the cinematic universe, inspired by comicbook universe, but the Civil War that’s based on all of the other films, particularly (‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier’) and (‘The Avengers: Age of Ultron’).”

Bruhl most recently starred in “A Most Wanted Man” and “The Fifth Estate.” He is repped by WME.

Obviously Thor will be back in Asgard by the end of Avengers 2, but Im wondering if he will be gone before the final showdown with Ultron.