Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

-- James Gunn says the identity of Star Lord’s father won’t be a central element to Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

-- Last year, Marvel sold approximately $1.3B worth of Spider-Man products, which is approximately four times the $325M they made from the Avengers. Meanwhile, their competition over at DC has struggled to keep up. Unsurprisingly, their most popular property was Batman, who brought in a respectable $494M, while their second most popular hero, Superman, brought it about $277M.

If only Marvel could get back the movie rights...

Ladies & Gentleman my choice for Shazam opposite The Rock's Black Adam. Played Colossus in the X-Men series.

7335b52df162310856a20925015f45b9.jpg

I'm interested in hearing your guys opinion...the ending of Civil War, should it have the same result as the comic with Steve Rogers murdered? I've been going back and forth on this, and I think it should happen, but I don't think Steve should be left out of Infinity War and we don't need anymore back from the dead BS in the MCU with it already happening with Bucky, Fury, Groot, Coulson, Loki, etc.

***SPOILER ALERT***

Rumored Plot Details for the New Fantastic Four. Milla is gonna hate this.....

Reed is a genius convenience store clerk with Ben. Reed’s parents don’t care about him, and Ben’s dad is abusive. They’re good friends and have each other’s backs. Reed writes a paper for community college on teleportation that attracts the attention of Dr. Franklin Storm, CEO of the Baxter Building research center.

Storm has a son, Johnny, and an adoptive daughter, Sue, whose father, Storm’s old partner, died in an experiment gone wrong. Johnny and Sue are party kids, and Sue is particularly disdainful of science. Reed and Sue don’t get along at first.

Victor Doomashev is a anti-social Eastern European computer programmer and hacktivist who calls himself “Doom”. He hates the 1%, particularly Storm, whom he claims corrupts science for profit.

Storm uses Reed’s paper to complete some equations on a machine to access another dimension, the N-Zone. Reed invites Ben to watch the machine being turned on. Sue and Johnny are also there. Doom manages to hack into the Baxter Building’s servers and use a computer virus to damage the machine, which explodes. Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben are exposed to otherworldly energy and become mutants with powers that they can’t control.
Storm takes them to the Baxter Building and creates containment suits for their powers.

They begin to train. Reed and Storm also begin developing a way to revert the accident. Sue blames Reed for everything, but they eventually become friends and then a couple. Ben can switch off his powers when he’s not in danger. Johnny changes colors based on heat intensity, and Sue has some borderline telekinetic thing. Reed is pretty much Reed.

Doom finds out that the four have acquired powers and becomes angry it’s not him, so he comes up with a plan to break into the Baxter Building to access the N-Zone through the rebuild machine. As a distraction, he reprograms a bunch of stolen military drones, the “Doombots”, to attack the building. The four come together as a team for the first time and save people.

Doom activates the machine and gets technopathy powers or something, basically energy blasts and making machines obey to him, and a fight ensues. The machine goes critical, and, in order to prevent it from exploding and destroying the city, the four push into it and Storm shuts it off.

There’s a countdown before it reaches critical mass. Inside the N-Zone, the four battle Doom again, and manage to leave him trapped there after he disfigures himself soaking up too much power. The Four manage to escape, but Ben gets the blunt of it to protect Reed and can’t switch back.

The machine is destroyed, Doom is gone, the four have learned to work as a team, and Reed vows to find a cure for Ben. And it ends there.

Yeah, it sounds terrible and it's a slap to the face to the fans of the Fantastic Four. But I gave up on the movie long ago so I'm not even mad.

Four Fantastic Hipsters vs. Dr. Hacker sounds amazeballs :panic:

CM Punk (from wrestling) is writing for the annual Thor run of comics next year. He's a pretty creative dude, I'm excited for it.

My favorite part is that after ALL the conversation about a "Black" Johnny Storm, it's Sue Storm that ends up being the adopted one :smug:

I picked up the All New Captain America #1 issue the other day with Sam Wilson as Cap, first comic I've picked up in a while. I'll read it later but my hopes are not very high.

Can't wait for teenage Cyclops and Jean Grey in X-Men: Apocalypse!

We finally got a little sneak peak of The Atom!!!! Awwww ya, I fucking Arrow man. And yet ANOTHER Spartacus cast member joins in!!! Ashur from Spartacus, us now Captain Boomerang! Wow....

6tenhd.jpg

dem photoshop skillz yo (not mine lol)

Marvel announced that Howard the Duck is getting an ongoing series again in the comic world. It's crazy what one post credit scene in a movie can do.

I knew it!

"I've got to admit initially, even though I felt that it was the right time to stop, there was always that bit of me going, 'Oh go on… Let’s do another,'" Bale told Empire Magazine in the December issue. "So when I heard there was someone else doing it, there was a moment where I just stopped and stared into nothing for half an hour. But I'm 40. The fact that I’m jealous of someone else playing Batman…. I think I should have gotten over it by now."

Edited by butta55

Breaking Bad people takin' over the world.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/michelle-maclaren-signs-develop-direct-752055

Michelle MacLaren has signed on to develop and direct Wonder Woman, Warner Bros’ big-screen take on the iconic DC character.

According to insiders, MacLaren will work with the project’s writers, who remain unnamed at this stage, to lasso together a script for the movie, which would star Gal Gadot. The actress will make her debut as the heroine in 2016's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.

Charles Roven, Zack Snyder and Deborah Snyder are among those producing the Wonder Woman movie, which is set for a 2017 release.

MacLaren was a top choice for the project due to her muscular work on Game of Thrones and The Walking Dead, although she is perhaps most associated with her directing and executive producing work on the much-loved Breaking Bad.

MacLaren’s signing caps off a director search that began in the summer, and her deal culminates an on-and-off-again dance with the Amazonian princess.

MacLaren became a favorite back in August, taking several meetings with Warners execs. Things cooled over the autumn as the studio widened its search. Sources say there was pressure from within to hire a woman for the job as the character has such a strong association with the notion of female empowerment. But at the same time, Hollywood realities were forcing producers and execs to acknowledge that while women directors increasingly work in the indie drama spheres or in TV comedy, few have taken on big-budget, CG-laden tentpoles. In fact, in recent history of comic book movies, no project has been directed by a woman. (Patty Jenkins came close on Thor: The Dark World, but left the project and was replaced by Alan Taylor.)

A Wonder Woman movie has been in development, on and off, for close to two decades. The last director attached was Joss Whedon, who left the project in 2007.

The studio did meet with several women directors: Jennifer Kent, of the well-regarded female-centric horror film The Babadook, was one, while Lesli Linka Glatter, a director and co-executive producer on Homeland, also was on the list.

MacClaren is repped by ICM Partners.

I've been reading more and more comic books as of late. I never read them as a kid but I'm seeing the value in them as I've gotten older. There a nice piece of entertainment that I like to engage in when I have some freetime. Mainly I've been reading Image Comics' Invincible and The Walking Dead series, as well as some X-Men related series (New Mutants, Fearless Defenders, New X-Men, X-Force).

Michonne and Dani Moonstar are definite favorites in the comics I've read so far.

I just can't get over The Arrow. I know I'm probably mad overrating it, but it's honestly the best show I've seen in a long time. It's too good.

Flash is a million times better.

Last night's episode had to be one of the best episodes of any show I watch in a long ass time.

***SPOILER***

My theory for The Flash TV show is that Iris' boyfriend Eddie will become the second Reverse Flash later in the season (or next season) after Iris finally falls for The Flash and breaks up with him. So he ends up getting that power and hating The Flash.

Right now we know it's not him because of the "Power Outage" episode, and I don't have any guesses on who it is right now, but I do feel Eddie Thawne will become the next reverse flash.

***SPOILER***

My theory for The Flash TV show is that Iris' boyfriend Eddie will become the second Reverse Flash later in the season (or next season) after Iris finally falls for The Flash and breaks up with him. So he ends up getting that power and hating The Flash.

Right now we know it's not him because of the "Power Outage" episode, and I don't have any guesses on who it is right now, but I do feel Eddie Thawne will become the next reverse flash.

I do believe Eddie is going to be the Reverse Flash. Maybe the only one. Wells is an unknown character and I believe we will see Eddie as Reverse Flash in two episodes,which is the midseason finale titled: "The Man in the Yellow Suit"