Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

All these Marvel fanboys aren't surprising. I love both and can't see how you could not like DC when Marvel has ripped so many characters from them.

Guardians of the Galaxy is way overrated. The only good thing about it was the comedy.

I've always been a Superman hater and most of DC's second and third tier characters are not interesting. I love me some Batman but DC could stop production on every other character they own tomorrow and I wouldn't think twice about it.

• Upvote 1

So is there any truth to this Supergirl stuff?

And ya'll tripping-again... I love me some DC.

Yeah..... It's gonna be a show on CBS. I say it'll get cancelled like 2 episodes in, though.

Edited by Spartan Havoc
  • Upvote 1

Word is, there will be January reshoots for Age of Ultron. The interesting bit of the news is, Tom Hiddleston supposedly has been asked to participate, so it sounds like they want more Loki in the movie.

Loki has been in the movie the whole time, Marvel was just lying about it like always

What is everyone expecting out of this Flash/Arrow crossover?

I think when they get in their little skirmish it's gonna end up being some kinda tie. I love Arrow, but he'd probably get slapped in a real fight b/w the two all things considered.

Hopefully it's gonna be good, but I'm gonna catch it on Hulu tomorrow.

Apparently there is gonna be a big surprise by the end of the two episodes. I just have to make sure I adjust and remind myself to watch tomorrow because I don't watch The Arrow :coffee:

Will Smith, Tom Hardy, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are officially set to star in Suicide Squad, Warner Bros. announced Tuesday.

Also cast in the movie based on the DC Entertainment villains-forced-to-be-heroes are Jai Courtney and Cara Delevingne. Much of the castings have been previously reported but the studio also confirmed which characters the actors will play.

Smith will play Deadshot, best known as a Batman villain, while Hardy the group’s leader, Rick Flagg.

Leto will take on the Joker while Robbie will play Harley Quinn, his on-and-off girlfriend. Courtney will be Boomerang while Delevingne will play Enchantress.

SWEET JESUS!

DC!!!!! Leggo :towel:

Edited by butta55

Tom Hardy again. :notbad:

10847841_800299943363l4x80.jpg

• Upvote 1

I kinda love Jared Leto as the Joker. Could be pretty good though.

Srsly though, outside of the Batman sub-sect of the DC universe, a strong majority of the heroes and villains of DC are completely uninteresting to me. Half of them sound like Mega-Man bosses. Even the Flash, who I do like, has been diminished over the years as they've made him more and more and more powerful. I won't even get started on that schlub Superman.

Yea I saw this earlier. Suicide Squad already had mad potential. I'm geeked.

This plus the Flash/Arrow crossover tonight. I've been geeked out for a couple of hours now.

I really think the male actors have a chance to deliver some of the best performances that we've seen in the Superhero genre (besides Heath Ledger). Especially Smith and Hardy.

-Smith has a character with a touching back story that makes you want to root for him. He will easily emerge as the leader in my eyes and will blur the lines of what it means to be a "good" guy and a "bad" guy in these movies.

-Hardy has all the tools to play a physical, ultra-determined, and machine-like character. His character is a military type. So he brings the appearance and the experience in intense roles. (See Warrior)

-Courtney is an Australian actor playing an Australian character so he should be able to bring that character alive. And of course Leto is going to be the first Joker since the great performance by Ledger. This IMO is a extremely risky role to take, and I don't know much about him and his work but his vibe seems like he can get to a weird place and deliver something. Unfortunately Harley Quinn is strongest when not shadowed by The Joker, and with so much attention on getting Leto's Joker correct I think Robbie will not have a chance to steal the movie, but she will steal some scenes.

I kinda love Jared Leto as the Joker. Could be pretty good though.

Srsly though, outside of the Batman sub-sect of the DC universe, a strong majority of the heroes and villains of DC are completely uninteresting to me. Half of them sound like Mega-Man bosses. Even the Flash, who I do like, has been diminished over the years as they've made him more and more and more powerful. I won't even get started on that schlub Superman.

It's always been that way though. DC is the impoverished orphan of the comic world. And please don't insult Megaman like that. A Megaman Movie Universe would be 10x whatever DC puts out...

I may not even see Suicide Squad if they don't even have Deathstroke.

What the fuck is the point of doing a Suicide Squad movie if you wont even include Deathstroke, lol.

Not that I'm completely against it, but also, the Joker was never even in any iteration of the Suicide Squad. Maybe it's a stepping stone to getting some backstory for his daughter, but still.

I think Jared Leto will be a great Joker, but Suicide Squad is NOT the movie for this character unless he's just going to appear in Harley Quinn backstory scenes. Which there is no way they would do that, they clearly are putting him in there so people will be like OMG JOKAR!!! and go see the movie. I'd rather see Deathstroke in the film, he's the one DC character I really want to see on the big screen and done justice.

The only Suicide Squad I really seen was the Assault on Arkham version and if they could use the Joker in that fashion I would be fine with that direction. I don't want to see the Joker as "a part of the team" because it is just too unrealistic.

I think the second part of this Flash and Arrow crossover will be the better part.

What the fuck is the point of doing a Suicide Squad movie if you wont even include Deathstroke, lol.

TV universe too busy using him :yep:

The TV and film universes are not connected at all, they could do a more badass Deathstroke with a higher budget on film.