Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

The TV and film universes are not connected at all, they could do a more badass Deathstroke with a higher budget on film.

I know the universes are separate... They COULD but they wont right now, with Deathstroke being a main villain in Arrow.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

So WB are looking at Oprah for a role in Suicide Squad.

I'm probably going to tap out if she gets cast.

I think the second part of this Flash and Arrow crossover will be the better part.

TV universe too busy using him :yep:

It's the Arrow portion, so of course it will be.

Haven't seen the Arrow episode yet, but if it was anything like the Flash V Arrow episode. FvA was awesome, it would be a 10/10 if it wasn't for the fact that the final fight had some dodgy scenes. Also the dumbing down of the Flash's power is necessary, but it still hurts it overall imo.

Even the final fight though... I already knew coming in, or figured it on what the ending results would be, and it still got me. Well done CW. Digg's reaction when he saw Flash was priceless, and had me rolling 30 minutes after the scene had already passed.

They make Oliver the Batman of this hero world, and that's probably the reason why I love his show/ his character a lot more. Looking forward to watching part 2 in the Arrow sometime today.

Also:

The woman with Oliver's kid... Connor Hawke?

tumblr_nfzdpxYssF1sjxzs0o2_400.gif DOPE!

Deathstroke's status in Arrow is meaningless. Especially since they've already cast a different Barry Allen for the film universe than the one we've seen on the TV one. Suicide Squad would be a great chance to get him on the big screen, feels like a missed opportunity to me.

Deathstroke's status in Arrow is meaningless. Especially since they've already cast a different Barry Allen for the film universe than the one we've seen on the TV one. Suicide Squad would be a great chance to get him on the big screen, feels like a missed opportunity to me.

I don't see why you care anyway. You claimed every DC character sucks except Batman. EVERY character. :smug:

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Deathstroke is one of the few I enjoy outside of Batman. Lobo, Martian Manhunter, Watchmen (if you want to count that), Nightwing and Swamp Thing are others I enjoy. Mostly the main non-Batman DC characters like Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc are the ones that bore me.

Deathstroke is one of the few I enjoy outside of Batman. Lobo, Martian Manhunter, Watchmen (if you want to count that), Nightwing and Swamp Thing are others I enjoy. Mostly the main non-Batman DC characters like Superman, Flash, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, etc are the ones that bore me.

Superman will kick any Marvel character's ass.

Thor > Supes

Come at me broseph.

Superman is the poster boy of lame, uninteresting overpowered characters.

Thor > Supes

Come at me broseph.

Superman is an original concept. Marvel just ripped from Norse Mythology.

Superman is the poster boy of lame, uninteresting overpowered characters.

Overpowered characters are what make comics. Okay so I guess you must think Thanos is lame and uninteresting then. So you really have no reason to get excited over Infinity War. :smug:

OP Villains are nice because everyone loves the underdog story, even when it's full of shit. OP Heroes suck because they can't lose, can't be interesting unless they're brought down to the level of a mortal man. And Thor would kick Superman's ass all the way back to Krypton.

>_> I don't really believe that. It's just a lot harder to write a good story for an OP hero. Superman is at his best when it comes to the fight between his morals. Justice and Righteousness, when these paths don't intersect, which side will the hero choose? Those conflicts make those OP characters better, but it's difficult to do well. Any fight that's not against Doomsday or Darkseid is basically "and then Superman kicked ass".

OP Villains are nice because everyone loves the underdog story, even when it's full of shit. OP Heroes suck because they can't lose, can't be interesting unless they're brought down to the level of a mortal man. And Thor would kick Superman's ass all the way back to Krypton.

>_> I don't really believe that. It's just a lot harder to write a good story for an OP hero. Superman is at his best when it comes to the fight between his morals. Justice and Righteousness, when these paths don't intersect, which side will the hero choose? Those conflicts make those OP characters better, but it's difficult to do well. Any fight that's not against Doomsday or Darkseid is basically "and then Superman kicked

Right, but the OP vs OP is what ALWAYS makes a good fight between a hero and a villain. It's what makes DBZ so awesome in that aspect, as well as Superman vs Doomsday. I don't really watch action movies or read comics to see the story unfold, I just like watching or seeing good fights at their best level. Just like people want to see two people fight their hearts out in MMA.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

I'll say it again, read Worm. It just keeps one upping itself.

Sorry I wasn't here to team up with you Spartan! :)

First let me say I love all my favorite superhero characters and Marvel or DC label means nothing to me.

With that being said Superman would destroy any Marvel character including Thor, who couldn't even beat the Hulk :nope:

Superman can be overpowered by most definitions, but that is why he is the original superheros as we know them today. He is at the top and alot of his mythos was constructed around the story of Christ....so yeah the character tends to come out looking like the GAWD

DC apologists say things like "Superman could beat the shit out of any other hero" like it's a badge of honor, when in reality that's exactly why most people dislike him. I, too, have never had any kind of allegiance to Superman. I don'tw want to simply rehash all that has already been said, but... He's lame. Period.

With that said, there are still plenty of DC heroes I enjoy.. Deathstroke, Cyborg, Cloak & Dagger... And my two favorite heroes of all.. Green Lantern and Nightwing. DC has the potential to be great, they just choose not to be.

DC apologists say things like "Superman could beat the shit out of any other hero" like it's a badge of honor, when in reality that's exactly why most people dislike him. I, too, have never had any kind of allegiance to Superman. I don'tw want to simply rehash all that has already been said, but... He's lame. Period.

With that said, there are still plenty of DC heroes I enjoy.. Deathstroke, Cyborg, Cloak & Dagger... And my two favorite heroes of all.. Green Lantern and Nightwing. DC has the potential to be great, they just choose not to be.

DC owns Marvel in everything except the movies. You know why comics aren't selling very well nowadays, right? Cause they have so many spin-offs it's so hard to keep up with them. That's what is gonna happen to the comic book movie universe. So in the end, does Marvel REALLY win? Marvel is desperate (they need the films). DC has the better sales in pretty much everything else. In fact, Marvel is so desperate they just made Thor give the hammer to a woman so they can boost sales, lmao. So you can go ahead and say that DC has the POTENTIAL to be great, but your point is moot because they are already the better brand.

I come at these things from a pure cinematic and TV aspect. I have never claimed to be into or know anything about the comic world. In my mind, which I've been arguing on here for awhile, people assume because the MCU is the first and only really big name in the movie world that DC can't be as good. That is crazy, if done right Fox, DC, and Marvel could all have great cinematic universes that pump out huge amounts of money

Fact is people have opinions and preferences just like with anything else. So for these Marvel fan boys to sit here and proclaim this and that about DC characters as if that is a fact is funny. You hating Superman being "overpowered" is the same reason another person loves him like you said. It's just your taste, no one is right.

Are you just making things up now? Marvel has outsold DC in comics almost EVERY SINGLE YEAR since 1967. That's almost 50 years of complete and utter dominance... Marvel holds an estimated 36.5% of the comic market share (DC 31%) while they make 35% percent of the total money spent on comics (DC 27%). Spiderman alone usually outsells DCs top 5 books or so.

Yes, those numbers fluctuate monthly due to different issues and specials coming out, blah blah blah. But it's a pretty steady pattern, minus the outliers.

I admire blind homerism. There is something to be said for it. You have a right to your own opinion, as everyone does.. But you aren't entitled to your own facts.

• Upvote 1

In other news.. Ryan Reynolds is confirmed as Deadpool, production to start in March.

Marvel also officially confirmed Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.

As far as the DC/Marvel argument, the two things I give DC the edge on are video games and TV. DC's animated series were top notch and now Arrow and Flash are great live action and Smallville was popular even though I'm not a fan. Marvel had something great going with Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes until they decided to cancel it and replace it with a more dumbed down Avengers cartoon that resembles the film universe a bit more, which really PISSED me off. Ultimate Spider-Man is pretty good though, I watch it on Netflix occasionally. Agents of SHIELD is just meh, though I haven't watched in like two months.

I'm not sure why Marvel hasn't branched out in the gaming department much yet, they made a Deadpool game that was pretty fun a while back and the old Marvel Ultimate Alliance games were fun despite horrible effects/graphics. DC obviously has the legendary Arkham games and the 3 LEGO Batman games that are great (Marvel has a recent LEGO game too that was awesome, but it's too similar to the Batman ones). There is Disney Infinity 2.0 going for Marvel as well, but the whole figure gaming isn't for everyone. Marvel holds the edge in comics and movies and merchandising is about even IMO.

Ya, that really is baffling. There is a big difference in the direction Marvel and DC went with TV shows (I am mostly talking live action, here).. And boy do the results reflect that. Oh wait, here comes another challenger.... Agent... Carter... Damn it.

I think a well-made superman game would be a huge hit. The last one was so poorly put together, but at the same time I put it on from time to time just to fly around the city and break the sound barrier, similar to older spiderman games that I loved web-slinging around the city. That alone would make the game worth it

I've heard rumors that Rocksteady wanted to do a Superman game, but that talk sort of disappeared. Maybe once Arkham Knight is out they can announce a new game.