Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Can't believe some of you don't fuck with The Arrow. Y'all trippin. Best episode of either show (all season) last night.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

I've been seeing a lot of hate, but I really loved Captain Boomerang.... I hope he makes a return somehow at some point.

I love Arrow but decided to stop keeping up with the show due to my work schedule being crazy and continuing to forget to tape the shows. Once Season 3 is over with I'll catch up on Netflix.

I've been seeing a lot of hate, but I really loved Captain Boomerang.... I hope he makes a return somehow at some point.

I was thinking, it would of been a bit cooler if they found someone with an Australian accent to do it. But he was still played well. Probably the best since Deathstrock.

Can't blame ya for that. Nick Tarabay, who played Captain Boomerang, actually has a really unique twang and accent to his voice which I really like. It's definitely not Australian though, ha. Lebanese, actually.

Batman v Superman started filming October 19th 2013 and wrapped up filming yesterday December 5th and is opening in March 2016

New James Bond movie was only ANNOUNCED on December 4th and is opening in November 2015

Fantastic Four Reboot started filming in late June and finished in Early August and is opening

June 2015

Ant-man started filming August 19th and wrapped today December 6th and is opening in July 2015

Something isn't right here....something really seems off about this.

Edited by butta55

The world of Superman is headed back to TV. A Superman prequel series called Krypton from Man of Steel writer David S. Goyer has landed in development at Syfy.

Here’s the pitch: “Years before the Superman legend we know, the House of El was shamed and ostracized. This series follows The Man of Steel’s grandfather as he brings hope and equality to Krypton, turning a planet in disarray into one worthy of giving birth to the greatest Super Hero ever known.”

Goyer was previously rumored to be working on such a project, but without a network or any details publicly attached. Goyer and Ian Goldberg (Once Upon a Time) will executive produce the project, with Goldberg writing a pilot script based on a story by both men.

Mark Hamill will play the Trickster on The CW's The Flash series, reprising the same role he played during in the 90's Flash series on CBS.

As HitFix reported, Hamill will debut as the Trickster—a.k.a. James Jesse—on this season’s 17th episode, which will fall somewhere in Spring 2015. But Hamill’s new Trickster will be slightly different from the goofy prankster who teased John Wesley Shipp’s Flash during the 90’s series.

As the CW officially described the character:

“In this new iteration, The Trickster is an anarchist terrorist con man serving a life sentence in Iron Heights who helps Barry (Grant Gustin) and Det. West (Jesse L. Martin) to foil the city-wide attacks of a wannabe Trickster eagerly following in the original's deadly footsteps. The episode will reunite him with John Wesley Shipp who went up against him as the original 'Flash' on the CBS version."

Hamill will be the third actor to appear on both the original Flash series and the current iteration. John Wesley Shipp, who played Barry Allen and the Flash on CBS’ series, currently plays Barry Allen’s father. And Amanda Pays will make her Flash reunion in this week’s episode, “The Man in the Yellow Suit” in a reprisal of her Dr. Tina McGee character.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I LOVE Arrow, and I LOVE the fact that they are pushing for him to be the Batman of the DC universe they are putting together. I think the next episode is going to be absolutely amazing.

But idk how I feel about them just straight up ripping such an iconic Batman scene. And I hope he gets his ass handed to him by Ra's. Would be so anti-climatic if he doesn't.

Favre that Superman prequel series sounds horrid, especially coming from Syfy.

Also, THE FLASH MIDSEASON FINALE IS TONIGHT!

Agreed Sparty. I haven't seen an episode of Gotham because the idea doesn't sound that interesting to me. Krypton sounds every worse. A deep origin story without the main character....no thank you.

FLASH vs REVERSE FLASH TONIGHT :panic::yay::towel:

DAT FLASH MID-SEASON FINALE DOE!!!!

:ooo::ooo::ooo:

Sad to say it, but I saw that ending coming. The dialogue on the first fight was far too obvious it was Wells.

Yeah I called it in the shoutbox after the first encounter. I could hear his voice and tell honestly. Still have no idea how he was two people at the same time in the room

I have to say when The Flash tv show was first announced and coming out I really thought it was just going to be something fun to watch. I thought it was a reason for us to get a live-action superhero fix while waiting for more big comic movies to come out. Some really exciting visuals and sequences, simple plots each week to work in some of his more popular villians, and that would be it.

But after the mid-season finale today and the last few episodes, I think every fan of the show realizes it is much more than that. This show has emotion, this show has depth, and most importantly this show has the soul of the comics. As a novice to the Flash mythos I have to say I am completely lost after tonight....

But I LOVE it. Spoilers, prior knowledge, and theories are great, but I don't mind just being along for the ride this time. I really thought the Wells and murder mystery about Barry would be quick to figure out and an old trick. But it has been anything but easy. The storyline is much more complicated and is so connected with various versions from the comic world.

I might be making it more than what it is, but part of me feels like this is a new era of TV shows. A new way to say "don't be afraid to put big money into a tv series" and a new way to bring comics to life on the silver screen, much like Avengers showed Hollywood this genre is worth something.

• Upvote 2

That 'era' of TV shows started with Arrow. It was the Flash before Flash existed. lol

I'm not a fan of the Arrow like I am the Flash. That show's tone and overall story construction (heavily borrowed from Batman's mythos) isn't compelling to me. Maybe The Flash's power naturally lets you do more and truthfully he is probably just a better character, either way Arrow isn't on the same level to me.

You don't have to like it. Your personal feelings on the show are pretty irrelevant (as are mine). Nor do you have to admit or concede that Arrow is on an equal level or superior in anyway. The facts are that great writing, story telling, and depth brought a whole new light to television. The Flash has only been able to succeed because of the success and failures of what came before it, Arrow.

Everything the Flash does well has already been done by Arrow, and all of the pitfalls The Flash have avoided is because of Arrow. It's evolution.

Kinda saddened by the finale of Flash... The greatest mystery of the show has been solved, and it wasn't even surprising. The show needs a good surprise or something that we don't see coming... I am afraid it might turn into this time paradox, fulfillment of prophecy type show which might just get old quick.

Everything Wells does is to ensure the future changes or doesn't change to his liking and they could draw that out for a long time... Like as long as the show runs. They probably can't resolve this story line until the final season or two of the show, because I don't think the show will live without Wells / Reverse Flash.

What they do in between now and then is going to be very important, but unfortunately it might all feel inferior compared to the story / conflict we really want solved. Grant said in an interview that we wouldn't figure out who RF was quite yet, and I was hoping he was telling the truth.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

I disagree with you. Seeing as The Flash and Arrow are vastly different TV shows in tone and story-telling. The method of deep character development may be the only strong connection between the two. At least in my eyes the amount of comic depth that The Flash has (will) reach can't be done with the Green Arrow property because he doesn't have the deep mythos that The Flash has. From what I've seen in the Arrow it is on par with other great TV action/dramas. The Flash is a rich live-action version of deep comic storylines (from its own property).

Kinda saddened by the finale of Flash... The greatest mystery of the show has been solved, and it wasn't even surprising. The show needs a good surprise or something that we don't see coming... I am afraid it might turn into this time paradox, fulfillment of prophecy type show which might just get old quick.

Everything Wells does is to ensure the future changes or doesn't change to his liking and they could draw that out for a long time... Like as long as the show runs. They probably can't resolve this story line until the final season or two of the show, because I don't think the show will live without Wells / Reverse Flash.

What they do in between now and then is going to be very important, but unfortunately it might all feel inferior compared to the story / conflict we really want solved. Grant said in an interview that we wouldn't figure out who RF was quite yet, and I was hoping he was telling the truth.

How was it solved? There is obviously more to the story

Wells is in the same room with the person beating him up. The RF didn't harm Eddie, there is alot more going on. Despite the fact Wells is seen with the suit, their is obviously someone else in on this

You're right we don't know for a fact those things, but there are really only a few deductions to be made.. Unless they totally flip the script, which I don't think they will.

RF is a time traveler... He could easily be a later version of Wells, and probably the most likely. RF is interested in Wells, clearly... Wells didn't know he was going to get beat up at the moment, but he lives his life and eventually turns into RF knowing that that is how it has happened... So when RF goes back in time, he knows he has to beat himself up for the timeline to unfold as it does.

Another possibility is that there are two speedsters as alluded to in the episode... Eddie Thawne in the comics is Reverse Flash, the Flash universe has always had multiple reverse Flashes... Harrison and Eddie could EASILY both be or become reverse flashes.

Either of these explain why Eddie isn't hurt. He either is RF or Zoom working with Wells (most likely future versions of them both)..Or Wells is related to him in some way and realizes that he can't be killed / harmed. Eddie, Wells, and RF could also be the same person just from different points in time... Eddie is current day Eddie, Wells is from the future but before he truly unlocks his powers, and RF could be wayyyy future Eddie / Wells with fully developed powers.

And when Cisco mentions two speedsters and the conflicting red and yellow flashes. I think it's pretty obvious that the red flash IS Barry, fighting with RF to save his mother. It's a lock that young Barry saw himself chasing after RF when RF killed his mom.

There is a plot in the comics where Barry actually stops RF from killing his mother, but the timeline destroys itself and so drastically changes everything that Barry let's it unfold anyway. We will probably see that story unfold at some point, I hope... It could be the most interesting left this show has to offer.

Like I said, no, we don't know for sure... but I will guarantee you the answer is contained within the 3 theories I lsited above. I'd put money on it, if you want to go that far. :smug:

Like I mentioned previously, this whole show is predicated on time travel shenanigans.. which I think is extremely cliche and way overdone. I have a feeling I will be dropping this show from my list of favorites when it resumes... but we will see.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Yea, this episode was AMAZING. I'd give it a 9/10. IDK how I feel about this time travel stuff either, but we'll see.

Also, relating to Arrow:

what are the chances that Thea is the one who killed Black Canary (or Sara)? Just a thought...

According to emails released during a recent hack on Sony Pictures, the studio and Marvel owner Disney have discussed teaming for an animated Spider-Man comedy — and to have the superhero show up in 2016’s Captain America: Civil War.

You're right we don't know for a fact those things, but there are really only a few deductions to be made.. Unless they totally flip the script, which I don't think they will.

RF is a time traveler... He could easily be a later version of Wells, and probably the most likely. RF is interested in Wells, clearly... Wells didn't know he was going to get beat up at the moment, but he lives his life and eventually turns into RF knowing that that is how it has happened... So when RF goes back in time, he knows he has to beat himself up for the timeline to unfold as it does.

Another possibility is that there are two speedsters as alluded to in the episode... Eddie Thawne in the comics is Reverse Flash, the Flash universe has always had multiple reverse Flashes... Harrison and Eddie could EASILY both be or become reverse flashes.

Either of these explain why Eddie isn't hurt. He either is RF or Zoom working with Wells (most likely future versions of them both)..Or Wells is related to him in some way and realizes that he can't be killed / harmed. Eddie, Wells, and RF could also be the same person just from different points in time... Eddie is current day Eddie, Wells is from the future but before he truly unlocks his powers, and RF could be wayyyy future Eddie / Wells with fully developed powers.

And when Cisco mentions two speedsters and the conflicting red and yellow flashes. I think it's pretty obvious that the red flash IS Barry, fighting with RF to save his mother. It's a lock that young Barry saw himself chasing after RF when RF killed his mom.

There is a plot in the comics where Barry actually stops RF from killing his mother, but the timeline destroys itself and so drastically changes everything that Barry let's it unfold anyway. We will probably see that story unfold at some point, I hope... It could be the most interesting left this show has to offer.

Like I said, no, we don't know for sure... but I will guarantee you the answer is contained within the 3 theories I lsited above. I'd put money on it, if you want to go that far. :smug:

Like I mentioned previously, this whole show is predicated on time travel shenanigans.. which I think is extremely cliche and way overdone. I have a feeling I will be dropping this show from my list of favorites when it resumes... but we will see.

I agree this will be deeply rooted in some time travel story. And honestly I'm not a real fan of the time travel stories anymore like you said it is outplayed, unless it is done well.

With that being said I'm very excited for what will happen in the future of the show. Harrison is interesting and still as we want to know the version of RF the show is trying to tell. However, he isn't the only thing keeping me glued to the show. Barry is SOOO far from being at the height of his power as The Flash and a true hero. I think the crew once Harrison Wells is gone is going to be even better, have even more depth, and steal the screen even more. You have big time villians like Grood and of course more crossovers with Arrow and the Supergirl show is supposed to be within the same universe too. You can easily have a loosely based Flashpoint story arc down the road.

I think this show can be great for years.

• Upvote 1