Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

You're right we don't know for a fact those things, but there are really only a few deductions to be made.. Unless they totally flip the script, which I don't think they will.

RF is a time traveler... He could easily be a later version of Wells, and probably the most likely. RF is interested in Wells, clearly... Wells didn't know he was going to get beat up at the moment, but he lives his life and eventually turns into RF knowing that that is how it has happened... So when RF goes back in time, he knows he has to beat himself up for the timeline to unfold as it does.

Another possibility is that there are two speedsters as alluded to in the episode... Eddie Thawne in the comics is Reverse Flash, the Flash universe has always had multiple reverse Flashes... Harrison and Eddie could EASILY both be or become reverse flashes.

Either of these explain why Eddie isn't hurt. He either is RF or Zoom working with Wells (most likely future versions of them both)..Or Wells is related to him in some way and realizes that he can't be killed / harmed. Eddie, Wells, and RF could also be the same person just from different points in time... Eddie is current day Eddie, Wells is from the future but before he truly unlocks his powers, and RF could be wayyyy future Eddie / Wells with fully developed powers.

And when Cisco mentions two speedsters and the conflicting red and yellow flashes. I think it's pretty obvious that the red flash IS Barry, fighting with RF to save his mother. It's a lock that young Barry saw himself chasing after RF when RF killed his mom.

There is a plot in the comics where Barry actually stops RF from killing his mother, but the timeline destroys itself and so drastically changes everything that Barry let's it unfold anyway. We will probably see that story unfold at some point, I hope... It could be the most interesting left this show has to offer.

Like I said, no, we don't know for sure... but I will guarantee you the answer is contained within the 3 theories I lsited above. I'd put money on it, if you want to go that far. :smug:

Like I mentioned previously, this whole show is predicated on time travel shenanigans.. which I think is extremely cliche and way overdone. I have a feeling I will be dropping this show from my list of favorites when it resumes... but we will see.

This show has way more going for it than Arrow does. I think you're forgetting Flash has Crisis On Infinite Earths while Arrow is focusing on Ra's Al Ghul. :yao:

Edited by Spartan Havoc

ARROW!!!!!

OH SHIT

OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

There has to be some other kind of effect the pit has on him. NO IDEA what it will be or where they will go from here. Total mystery.

Also really excited for more ATOM. Loved the scene where Ray asked Felicity to be part of his super hero team.. Lol. "Why does this keep happening to me?"

So gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.

EDIT:

Also... Nightwing confirmed for the new TNT Teen Titans show ! AWWWWWW SHIT

Edited by Favre4Ever

On a non arrow/flash note, Agents of Shield is becoming the show I thought it could be when it started.

Soo I'm a few eps into Flash... It's good but not sure about the hooplah around here. So far it's just Barry fights the baddie of the week. Perhaps the last 4 eps are crazy good or something

• Upvote 1

I didn't see AOS, but from what I've heard it pretty much just finally revealed that

Skye is Inhuman

I didn't see AOS, but from what I've heard it pretty much just finally revealed that

Skye is Inhuman

I thought it was getting rather obvious that she wasn't who they had built her up to be in the show. Some things happen in the episode that are really revealing.

Pretty substantial spoilers:

As soon as her dad called her 'Daisy', I knew she was Daisy Johnson. They changed up her back-story considerably, but she is pretty clearly going to be Quake. I think there's definitely a possibility that she could be in the next two Avengers movies, as Quake did quite a bit of stuff with them.

Her dad has only been called the Doctor, but he may or may not be Calvin Zabo who is Quake's dad. I'm leaning towards not because he would've probably killed Colson.

Pretty upset that Trip is gone. He was one of my favorite characters, and a way better character than Mack.

How was it solved? There is obviously more to the story

Wells is in the same room with the person beating him up. The RF didn't harm Eddie, there is alot more going on. Despite the fact Wells is seen with the suit, their is obviously someone else in on this

Soooo definitely correct.

As I've previously stated I don't really like DC, so I'm a bit rusty on the lore, but using the wikia to brush up I drew some conclusions:

There are a dozen or so people in the DC universe who are 'speedsters', I'm not sure if they can all tap into the speed force or not, but there are definitely a couple different guys who have gone by the name 'reverse flash'.

I think the guy that they trapped was Professor Zoom (dumbass DC name) but his name is Eobard Thawne in the comics. Joe's partner's name is Eddie Thawne, so that's probably why he didn't kill him, because he either is him from the future, or Eddie is a great grandfather to him or whatever. Prof Zoom comes from the future in the comics.

As for Dr. Wells, he is Hunter Zoloman, who is kind of a psycho, but he tried to make the Wally West flash a better superhero by torturing him basically (he tried to kill his wife). He's not necessarily a villain though, kind of, but not completely... kind of like what we've seen from Wells so far.

Cisco lays it right out there at the end of the episode that there were two Flashes in the house when Barry's mom died. We just don't know if they were together, if they were fighting, or if Dr. Wells or Eddie's relative is the one that killed Barry's mom.

What I really like about this show is the kind of amalgamation of the many comic storylines to create an all new one. All of the stuff in the spoiler box may be completely untrue in the TV universe. Anyway, it was one of my favorite mid-season TV finales in a long time. Better than Gotham's and AoS, and a million times better than TWD.

Edited by theMileHighGuy

I thought it was getting rather obvious that she wasn't who they had built her up to be in the show. Some things happen in the episode that are really revealing.

Pretty substantial spoilers:

As soon as her dad called her 'Daisy', I knew she was Daisy Johnson. They changed up her back-story considerably, but she is pretty clearly going to be Quake. I think there's definitely a possibility that she could be in the next two Avengers movies, as Quake did quite a bit of stuff with them.

Her dad has only been called the Doctor, but he may or may not be Calvin Zabo who is Quake's dad. I'm leaning towards not because he would've probably killed Colson.

Pretty upset that Trip is gone. He was one of my favorite characters, and a way better character than Mack.

he calls himself Cal. He pretty much has to be Zabo. Weird making Quake an inhuman but I'm ok with that liberty. I would be surprised if we see her play a big part in the upcoming movies though. Maybe cameos

I like that the show is finally making things happen in the MCU rather than reacting to things that happened in the movies.

Edited by GA_Eagle

Explain Flash to me. Not the show , just the character. What's the appeal other than, "'Sup, bros, I'm fast."?

Should probably let someone else answer that one, because Flash as a character has never really interested me.. :laugh: I still contend the show is really good, though. But uh... Barry is.. uh.. Genuinely a great person? Like, I am not sure there is a more morally righteous hero in either universe... And he is pretty close to Superman in regrds to being completely and utterly unstoppable. No doubt one of the strongest heroes ever written, and they only keep making him stronger. The actual things he can do with only being 'fast' is pretty remarkable.

he calls himself Cal. He pretty much has to be Zabo. Weird making Quake an inhuman but I'm ok with that liberty. I would be surprised if we see her play a big part in the upcoming movies though. Maybe cameos

I like that the show is finally making things happen in the MCU rather than reacting to things that happened in the movies.

from what I've read Marvel Studios can't use the 'mutant' label because of the licensing with Fox regarding the X-Men, so there's been theory that they're going to use the 'inhuman' label to bring mutants into the MCU, which this more or less confirms

I've been all in on Agents of Shield from the beginning and really don't get the criticisms of the first season, I thought it did a great job of developing the characters and Coulson's team and served as a great compliment to the movies, giving a lot of depth to the storyline, I also think the Winter Soldier movie made a lot more sense after getting the background on Shield from the show, I might need to go back and watch the first Avenger's movie, but I don't remember there being much before the show to indicate the size and scope of Shield as an organization

I'm also really excited to see how the universe expands further through Agent Carter next month

I don't think the whole mutant issue with FOX has much to do with what we're seeing go on in the MCU. The Inhumans are something Kevin Feige has wanted to do in film, in the same way he wanted GOTG so they can try and make their lesser known properties become mainstream. Which worked amazingly with Guardians, those characters went from complete unknowns to some of the most popular characters in pop culture now. I'm not sure Inhumans can pull off that same success as it doesn't have lovable relatable characters and the main character, Black Bolt, doesn't even talk. But it makes sense to try and start plugging them in now, even with the movie on the way in 2018. Build up some hype.

That was more in response to the "weirdness" of turning a character who was a mutant in the comics into an inhuman in the movie/TV universe

Explain Flash to me. Not the show , just the character. What's the appeal other than, "'Sup, bros, I'm fast."?

Being one of two really great DC characters, there's a lot going on with Flash. Besides just being fast, eventually he can vibrate himself through walls, travel through time, make other people fast, take the momentum of objects away, think too fast for mind-readers, and some other junk. The speed force lets the flashes do a bunch of wacky things. He is completely OP, which is why superman sucks, but Barry Allen/Wally West are great characters in their own right.

Okay, gotcha ooch.

Also, I showed my dad (who hates most superhero movies) GOTG tonight and he thought it was great.

Flash/Superman/DC haters smh.

I think it is very interesting with GOTG that people believe Marvel pulled a unknown property and kinda just went for it. While that is true in essence the fact is they have been plotting this for awhile. With that handy Netflix you can watch Avengers: Earth Mightiest Heroes which in my mind laid A LOT of ground work and built potential arcs when it came out in 2010.

In this show the Guardians were shown enough that when the movie was announced I was already willing to give it a chance. While the MCU isn't following exactly each step, I think there are some plot points and dynamics that are def being used from the show. For example, a huge running arc was the Ultron creation and how that battle played out. While Ultron is "Stark's creation" in the MCU, I do believe the arcs from the show and comics will come into play with heavy Ant-Man (Hank Pym) involvement.

The new version of the show Avengers Assemble was much closer to the MCU and if the trend continues of Marvel giving you a little taste of what is to come then Red Skull should play big in Phase 4.

Yeah, I don't think Marvel is basing their entire film universe on cartoon TV shows.

I've never seen that new Avengers Assemble show either. Mainly because I'm pissed they cancelled Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

I said Marvel isn't following the show step by step. But their are dynamics between characters and points from different plots that have been seen in the MCU.

Whenever a company wants to go into uncharted waters they usually get some type of "feeler" material out there to see how people react and start some awareness. Marvel feeds some of their stuff through the cartoon shows to prepare people. For the real Marvel fans who watched the show you were getting a sneak peek of potential plots IMO.

For example the strained relationship between Captain America and Tony Stark has been running through both versions of the show, so them heading towards Civil War wasn't that shocking in the MCU. Of course your hardcore comic fans know all this stuff, but the TV shows I believe were a great medium to bring in these things for fans who might not be comic geeks but are superhero geeks.

There's buzz going around that the Russo brothers directing Infinity War may be a done deal.

So Sony got hacked... again lol. There's a bunch of crazy stuff getting leaked. Looks like Marvel is close to getting Spider-Man back, and they don't want Andrew Garfield... which is awesome, cus fuck Andrew Garfield.

The base article and all the updates are really interesting: http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/leaked-marvel-wanted-spider-man-captain-america-3

Totally down with the Russos. The winter soldier was amazingly put together.

I want an actual Spiderman, not Spiderboy.

Never gonna happen though :sigh:

I'm pretty sure part of that email hack included something that said the deal fell through with Marvel already.