Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

The deal keeps falling through because Sony wants some creative control still and Marvel just wont have any of that. Not that I blame them, and while Spidey in the MCU would be AMAZING. Marvel doesn't NEED him. They just made a blockbuster hit with Groot and Rocket Raccoon and characters that constantly played 2nd and 3rd fiddle to Spidey like Iron Man and Thor are now grossing more money at the box office. Marvel has all the bargaining power, it's just up to Sony to admit they tried and failed.

Yeah I've seen the emails saying that the deal was:

-Marvel would pick a new actor for Spider-man to replace Andrew Garfield

-Marvel would produce an animated comedy series (or movie?) for Sony

-Marvel would use Spider-man in the Cap 3: Civil War

From what I understand there were a number of disputes between the two companies. Marvel was very strong about being able to pick the actor to replace Garfield while Sony wanted some say. Marvel also didn't want this Spider-man in the Sinister Six or something along those lines of him not being in two movies around the same time. And of course a fight of distrubting and marketing rights was a huge point of contention. As far as I've heard that deal is dead. And Milla said it just right, the ball is in Marvel's court because they have their cake and can eat it too. Spidey would have just been some extra icing for the fans.

Spider-Man sucks anyway.

Edited by Spartan Havoc
  • Downvote 3

Marvel/Disney already has an animated comedy series for Spidey. It's called Ultimate Spider-Man and it's actually a good show.

Spider-man is the most relateable superhero ever put on paper :notamused:

And all of the movies to this point haven't done him justice imo.

• Upvote 2

Marvel/Disney already has an animated comedy series for Spidey. It's called Ultimate Spider-Man and it's actually a good show.

I don't know why...I just know it was part of the deal. And since it is highly unlikely that it would be an actual movie, my guess is it would have been a short series or new TV show. :shrug:

According to emails that The Daily Beast has viewed,Channing Tatum ("21 Jump Street") pitched Sony executives on aGhostbusters film that would be a spinoff of Feig's. Tatum wants to star in it, alongside his 10 Years co-star, Chris Pratt ("Jurassic World").

How many terrible Ghostbusters movies can they make at once?

Arrow-season2-lazaruspit.png

It's only fan art, but it has me pumped anyway!!!

Reports are that Morgan Freeman, Bill Nighy, and Ken Watanabe have been contacted to play The Ancient One in Doctor Strange.

There is also speculation that Benedict Cumberbatch / Doctor Strange will be having a cameo in Avengers due to the... er.. coincidental timing of their reshoots and his casting. I haven't found any confirmations yet.

• Upvote 1

Watanabe is my pick. I would be a little upset if they choose Freeman which would be a clear star grab instead of a solid casting.

Sony has already confirmed that the Ghostbusters remake would be all female before any of these hacks. I am fine with a female cast just as long as they make it a continuation of the first group and not a total reboot. BUT Channing Tatum and Chris Pratt.....maybe a James Franco and Michael B. Jordan to go along with it. :devious:

How many terrible Ghostbusters movies can they make at once?

It's only fan art, but it has me pumped anyway!!!

Reports are that Morgan Freeman, Bill Nighy, and Ken Watanabe have been contacted to play The Ancient One in Doctor Strange.

There is also speculation that Benedict Cumberbatch / Doctor Strange will be having a cameo in Avengers due to the... er.. coincidental timing of their reshoots and his casting. I haven't found any confirmations yet.

So I stopped watching Arrow after most of season 2.

But I really need to rant about this. They wanted this show to be "realistic". "We don't want metahumans blah blah blah cause this show is REAL" type of crap. If they really were then Oliver would be DEAD. There would be no more Arrow. You need to give up the: ""Arrow is so much better" schtick now. :yep: How can it be a realistic world with things like the Mirakuru and SPOILER ALERT: The Lazarus Pit.

Edited by Spartan Havoc

Dmac and I were already talking about the Pit, so no need for spoiler... lol I don't really understand the 'realistic' argument, either... I mean, we are still talking about a guy running around the city in a mask shooting arrows at people and protecting the mentioned city with the help of a super hero team and underground hideout .

Plus, even if we were going to the realistic route.. Oliver is dead. or DEAD, if you prefer. lol.

I primarily like Arrow more because of better writing, better acting, better story lines, better villains... All opinions, mind you. I also like the darker nature and tone of the show. There are bad people out there , doing bad things, and Arrow will do bad things to do his job. Flash is too happy, too cherry, too light. Barry is too morally 'right' and doesn't really suffer the same identity / moral crisis that Oliver constantly struggles with, which adds extra depth to the character and the show overall.

Flash is still a great show, my argument isn't that it's bad. My argument is that it's still inferior to Arrow. One thing Flash has is fewer annoying characters, so that's a plus. But they also don't / haven't have had as many strong characters. Part of that is because they haven't had enough time yet to get everyone involved, and I realize that. Doesn't change the fact.

And as I mentioned to you before, Barry isn't even the best character in the show... Which I think is a problem. Your star and leading character should be the best.. The show is named after him and revolves around his life and development... Just isn't the case with Barry / Flash.

• Upvote 1

RUMOR: Viola Davis cast as Amanda Waller in the upcoming Suicide Squad movie. From the small clips I've seen of her in How to Get Away with Murder, she has been primed for this role. Delivers an amazing "cold-hearted" performance.

Finally saw the arrow Season 2 Finale, what a ride. Now that the third season is about halfway through I have a good buffer again to continue watching.

I don't think it's an official piece of art... but I liked it anyway and the director of Strange tweeted it out... I am so pumped. So ready for this.

2je4geh.jpg

10848737_10153044404438313_8580845131336

Yeah. That pic was posted on his facebook.

That movie will be so bad...

Edited by Favre4Ever

That movie will be so bad...

Yet you'll love it cause it's a Marvel film.

• Upvote 1