Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I finally was able to find and play Marvel Ulimate Alliance 2 (though the disc was bad and there was freezing that annoyed the hell out of me). I'd say compared to the first one, it was disappointing. There was less characters and even though it was cool to play the Civil War plot, it felt underused.

I also hate how you aren't allowed to get DLC from either game anymore.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/16/is-this-avengers-2s-release-date

Update: The Avengers 2 release date has now been confirmed to be May 1, 2015. Here's the short -- but very official! -- statement from Disney/Marvel:

"The Walt Disney Studios has announced a release date for Marvel Studios’ sequel to the biggest Super Hero blockbuster and third highest grossing film of all time, Marvel’s The Avengers. Joss Whedon returns to write and direct the UNTITLED MARVEL’S AVENGERS SEQUEL set for release May 1, 2015."

Note the "untitled" part...

Original Story: Now that Joss Whedon is back in the saddle to write and direct The Avengers 2, the question of when we'll get to see the sequel is inevitable.

[/url]And MTV thinks they know the answer. While talking to "several industry insiders," they've pegged May 1, 2015, as the date. Add it to your calendar now!

Or should you? We reached out to Disney-Marvel to see if this date was correct, but the only response we received was a "no comment." Take that as you like… either the studio has nothing to say on the matter, or they can't say anything because MTV got it right!

But 2015? That's like three years from now. Can't Joss and the gang crank out an Avengers 1.5 by, like, next Tuesday. Please?

Another 3 years... Wow. What the heck.

But Joss Whedon is back, so that alone will make it worth it.

It was obviously coming out in 2015 with all the other movies coming out first.

Also, I heard Guardians of the Galaxy will be in the MCU and after reading the latest Avengers Assemble issue where the Guardians team up with the Avengers to stop Thanos, that wouldn't surprise me if that is the plot of the next movie since Thanos was teased at the end of Avengers.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

I bought this variant cover for Batman Detective Comics at my local comic shop for 5 bucks, it is rare and I thought it was neat to have.

batmanvariant.jpg

I also have been buying all the issues to Avengers vs X-Men and I now have all 10 (or 11 if you count the prequel issue), it is a pretty awesome story if anyone wants to check it out. I'm just waiting on 11 and 12 to come out.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

Can't wait for the Avengers DVD. Think it comes out in a few weeks.

Can't wait for the Avengers DVD. Think it comes out in a few weeks.

It comes out September 25th.

Comes with bonus footage and an alternative ending... Ehh. Not sure how to feel about that one.

Is it coming with another Marvel One Shot bonus video? I haven't looked into any features coming with it, just the release date. I've gotten more into the comics lately than the movies.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/18/james-gunn-chosen-to-direct-guardians-of-the-galaxy

Marvel has reportedly selected Super's James Gunn to direct Guardians of the Galaxy.

The Hollywood Reporter claims Gunn is the only filmmaker Marvel is now talking to about directing the sci-fi team flick slated for release August 1, 2014. THR says no deal is set yet with Gunn.

Other contenders are said to have included Bring It On's Peyton Reed (who was once attached to direct Fantastic Four way back when) and Half Nelson's Ryan Fleck and Anna Boden.

"Marvel is said to like Gunn's sensibility and his ability to mix comedy elements with action and horror, a quality he shares with The Avengers director Joss Whedon," according to THR.

Gunn also wrote and directed Slither. As a screenwriter his credits includes the superhero comedy The Specials (in which he also acted), as well as Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead, Tromeo and Juliet, Scooby Doo, and Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed.

I'm just to going to expect that this movie is going to suck and be pleasantly surprised if it doesn't.

I'm actually looking forward to GOTG, I've been looking up on them and got a comic including them. I'm looking forward to seeing Rocket Racoon.

I very much dislike their choice for director though. It all starts with him, and.... Not looking good early.

I'm looking forward to seeing Rocket Racoon.

Funny, that's the thing I'm least looking forward to.

Amen. I have a feeling that he is going to look REALLY stupid, and we are going to laugh it him non-stop.

Adam Warlock, Drax, Star-Lord, Nova.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Amen. I have a feeling that he is going to look REALLY stupid, and we are going to laugh it him non-stop.

Adam Warlock, Drax, Star-Lord, Nova.

One the other hand though, I'm looking forward to Groot. But that's probably me thinking too much about the Ents from LOTR and in the end I'll probably be disappoint with him as well.

One the other hand though, I'm looking forward to Groot. But that's probably me thinking too much about the Ents from LOTR and in the end I'll probably be disappoint with him as well.

Even though I don't care for Groot much.. I am interested to see how they work him into the film. And he definitely won't look as stupid or as hilarious as a raccoon. They should go less chunky fat fluffy looking raccoon and go more Sly Cooper.

Or better yet, no raccoon at all. <_>

Or better yet, no raccoon at all. <_>

Well, that's preferable, but I think we are passed that point... lol.

I love Rocket Racoon, he is my favorite Guardian so far lol. I hope Marvel starts releasing new comics for them. I'm sure they will to promote the movie, but I'd go buy them. I'm already looking forward to the new Avengers Assemble issue to see how they stop Thanos (I hope they stop him in that issue, but it will probably get pushed out more lol).

On another note, there are rumors of Vin Diesel playing Vision in an upcoming Marvel movie.

Oh, the Internet. How quickly rumors can be spread about various actors and filmmakers, whether they turn out to be true or false. Sometimes however, through social media, these artists can perpetuate or even create these rumors themselves. Such is the case with a recent Facebook post by actor Vin Disel (of 'The Fast and the Furious' franchise). Diesel changed his profile pic to that of the Marvel comics superhero The Vision. This of course sparked speculation that he would be playing The Vision in 'The Avengers 2.' The Vision is an android created by Ultron to destroy his own creator Dr. Hank Pym (alias Ant-Man). Vision soon changes sides and plays a major role in the defeat of Ultron. It is important to emphasize that no deal, or even conversation with the studio, has been confirmed. The profile picture was changed shortly after the rumblings began.

On the one hand, it would seem prudent to ignore this situation entirely. There has been no word from the studio as to who they might be talking to for this role, or even if there is any plan to utilize The Vision in an upcoming film. However, it is strange that Diesel would choose to post not one, but two images of The Vision as his profile pics. It's not as if Diesel is in the habit of posting pictures of comic book characters and the fact that he immediately changed his profile pic after the rumors starting spreading also raises some questions. More interesting to me however than whether this Facebook update means Diesel will be playing the role is if and how Marvel might use The Vision in the near future. He could turn up in either Joss Whedon's 'The Avengers 2' or Edgar Wright's 'Ant-Man.' Much has been made of the Infinity Gauntlet playing a part in the next 'Avengers,' but I'd also love to see The Masters of Evil turn up. I guess what I'm saying is, even if the studio isn't talking to Vin Diesel about The Vision, I just hope they are at least talking about The Vision.

What do you guys think? In the extreme hypothetical sense, would Diesel make a good Vision? How could the studio best use this character?

My reaction:

Abandon.gif

LMAO at Vin Diesel playing Vision. He shouldn't even be getting a call.

LMAO at Vin Diesel playing any role. He shouldn't even be getting a call.

Fixed.

• Upvote 1

Here are some rumors involving the upcoming Marvel films. Rememebr the key word, rumor lol.

Iron Man 3

-Fin Fang Foom could appear in the movie.

-Ultimo could appear as a minion for the Mandarin.

-SHIELD will not have a role in the film.

-AIM could potentially be introduced.

-Chen Lu could appear in his pre-Radioactive Man form.

-Edgar Wright may be filming the post credits scene where Hank Pym (aka Ant-Man) will be introduced.

Thor: The Dark World

-Odin's other sons, Tyr and Balder may be introduced.

-Mark Ruffalo could appear in a Bruce Banner cameo with no Hulk films planned for now.

-Like Iron Man 3, SHIELD may have no role in the film.

-The film will feature more Asgardians and Asgard in general will play a bigger role.

-Loki could die in a moment of redemption and reincarnate into a female form.

-Post credit scene may include Thanos stealing the Infinity Guantlent from Odin to set the events of Avengers 2 in motion.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

-Unlike Iron Man and Thor, SHIELD is expected to have a major role in the film and the characters from SHIELD may be developed.

-Black Widow and Hawkeye are rumored to play big roles in the film.

-Baron Zemo is rumored to be the main villain of the film.

-Falcon may be introduced in the film.

-MODOK is rumored to appear in the movie.

Guardians of the Galaxy

-Thanos could be introduced, leading up to Avengers 2.

-Nova could appear in the movie.

The Avengers 2

-Red Skull may reappear.

-Phil Coulson may return, as Vision.

-There is expected to be new additios to the team. Most likely Ant-Man based on the expected Edgar Wright film. Black Panther and Doctor Strange are rumored as well.

-Disney has talked to Sony about allowing Andrew Garfield to portray Spider-Man in the film.

-Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are possiblities to appear, but because of copyright issues with FOX, their backstories as mutants will be ignored.

-The Guardians of the Galaxy could appear to help the Avengers stop Thanos.

-Joss Whedon wants another female Avenger, Wasp is the most likely character but Ms. Marvel and Tigra have been rumored as well.

-The film may be setting up a future "Civil War" plot.

This is just from the MCU films, excpet Ant-Man, which isn't a done deal yet but Edgar Wright is working at getting the movie to go forward. FOX obviously has a sequel for X-Men: First Class planned and a new Wolverine movie is filming now. They are also working on Fantastic Four and Daredevil reboots. A Deadpool movie with Ryan Reynolds has been rumored for a while, but may be on hold for other projects (boo). Obviously Sony is going forward with a sequel for The Amazing Spider-Man. Also, a Kick-Ass sequel titled Kick Ass 2: Balls to the Wall is confirmed for a summer 2013 release.

Should be interesting to see what happens. This isn't even talking about what DC has up their sleeves either lol.

Fin Fang Foom...

I hate comic book names sometimes.

-Phil Coulson may return, as Vision.

This, would be awesome.

Edited by Vin