Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

Would definitely be interesting.

All I know about Fin Fang Foom is that he is a dragon enemy of Iron Man and that he is a boss in the first Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I think it could work for a cool action scene in the movie.

Loki could die in a moment of redemption and reincarnate into a female form.

o_O

Edited by Thanatos19

o_O

That's at least partly consistent with the comics.

So...topic for discussion...top 5 comic book villains in film? Perhaps Heath Ledger's Joker is a lock for the #1 spot but I'm curious to see what other names people can come up with.

o_O

Like GA said, that did kinda happen in the comics, but I'm not sure I want it in the movies, mainly because Tom Hiddleston is awesome and shouldn't be replaced by some ho. :yep:.

So...topic for discussion...top 5 comic book villains in film? Perhaps Heath Ledger's Joker is a lock for the #1 spot but I'm curious to see what other names people can come up with.

This is in no particular order except for #1 as of now, mainly because I'm too tired to seperate the rest right now lol.

1.Heath Ledger's Joker

2.Tom Hiddleston's Loki

3.Jack Nicholson's Joker

4.Liam Neeson's Ra's al Ghul

5.Arnold Schwarzenegger's Mr. Freeze :troll:

But seriously...

5.Tom Hardy's Bane

Thinking about this made me realize how the non-Batman films really need to step up their villains. I also haven't seen the X-Men films yet so I can't really judge Ian McKellen's Magneto. I want to get around to watching them though.

Edited by Milla4Prez63

Loki? Are you serious? He was the worst part about Avengers, IMO. The first thirty minutes of the movie hyped him up to be a total badass, and then he got captured, and...didn't do a whole lot after that. Oh, and when he finally broke free, it took all of ten seconds of The Hulk's time to incapacitate him. He was about as threatening as the battle droids from the Star Wars prequels.

Now, don't get me wrong, this didn't detract from the movie; Avengers was, and should have been, about the heroes, not the villain. Thus it was appropriate that the film didn't have a strong antagonist. But to put Loki above the other four guys on your list...I must vehemently disagree.

• Upvote 1

Loki isn't supposed to be a intimadating and threatening villain, he is the god of mischeif and trickery. He likes to screw with everyone and get them to turn against each other, which they temporarily do. Besides, the character itself wasn't what made him awesome in Thor and Avengers, Tom Hiddleston's portrayal is just perfect for the character, he is a more natural Loki than Ledger was Joker IMO. But like I said, the list wasn't in order minus #1, but even with that said I'd probably put Hiddleston #2. Now when I think of Loki, I think of his version, which is something I rarely do for film versions of these characters.

Loki? Are you serious? He was the worst part about Avengers, IMO. The first thirty minutes of the movie hyped him up to be a total badass, and then he got captured, and...didn't do a whole lot after that. Oh, and when he finally broke free, it took all of ten seconds of The Hulk's time to incapacitate him. He was about as threatening as the battle droids from the Star Wars prequels.

Now, don't get me wrong, this didn't detract from the movie; Avengers was, and should have been, about the heroes, not the villain. Thus it was appropriate that the film didn't have a strong antagonist. But to put Loki above the other four guys on your list...I must vehemently disagree.

Judging from this, you didn't see Thor before seeing The Avengers, did you?

Judging from this, you didn't see Thor before seeing The Avengers, did you?

You would be correct, sir. Though it is on Netflix...should I give it a watch?

I loved Thor, but some people here didn't care for it. I spent weeks trying to find it on DVD and when I finally got it, it came out on Netflix's instant queue like a week later lol.

#1- The Joker (Ledger)

#2- Lex Luthor (Hackman)

#3- The Penguin (DeVito)

#4- The Joker (Nicholson)

#5- Bane

4 of my top 5 are all from Batman movies but there are just so many Batman movies with so many great actors in them. I feel like the Marvel movies devote all their attention to the hero's and no attention to the villains.

Edited by seanbrock

#1- The Joker (Ledger)

#2- Lex Luthor (Hackman)

#3- The Penguin(DeVito)

#4- The Joker (Nicholson)

#5- Bane

4 of my top 5 are all from Batman movies but there are just so many Batman movies with so many great actors in them. I feel like the Marvel movies devote all their attention to the hero's and no attention to the villains.

Well, Batman also has the best list of rogues of all comic book heroes and it isn't even close. But you are right that Marvel is more about the heroes than villain, and it works for them because they found great actors who make the heroes work (I'm still kind of meh on Chris Evans as Cap, but he isn't bad and I'll give him the next movie to impress me). Marvel Studios is just brilliant with their work so far, I wish they would be able to at least collaberate with Sony and Fox with Spider-Man/X-Men/Fantastic Four.

You would be correct, sir. Though it is on Netflix...should I give it a watch?

:yep:

It's pretty good, a lot better than one would expect, plus it'll give you back

story into Loki.

I really enjoyed Thor. It's not a great movie but I found it to be very entertaining and imo it was funny as shit at times.

Joker (Ledger)

Joker (Nicholson)

General Zod (Stamp)

Penguin (Devito) (Batman Returns is freaking crazy and weird, I love it and Devito is a high point)

Magneto (McKellen) He played it nicely. Charismatic and persuasive instead of outright evil.

HM: Dafoe as Green Goblin, The two guys that played Shedder in the original TMNT, Peter Stormare as Satan in Constantine was fantastic, if only for a short scen. If there was more of him in the movie he would have made the list in a heartbeat. Thought about including Pfeifer as Catwoman and Veidt as Ozymandias but couldn't decide if I thought they were villains or not.

EDIT: Shit I forgot Hardy as Bane. Slot him in there somewhere.

Edited by GA_Eagle

I didn't care for Dafoe's Goblin tbh. Alfred Molina's DocOc was the only villain I thought was well acted from Raimi's Spidey movies.

Joker (Ledger)

Joker (Nicholson)

General Zod (Stamp)

Penguin (Devito) (Batman Returns is freaking crazy and weird, I love it and Devito is a high point)

Magneto (McKellen) He played it nicely. Charismatic and persuasive instead of outright evil.

HM: Dafoe as Green Goblin, The two guys that played Shedder in the original TMNT, Peter Stormare as Satan in Constantine was fantastic, if only for a short scen. If there was more of him in the movie he would have made the list in a heartbeat. Thought about including Pfeifer as Catwoman and Veidt as Ozymandias but couldn't decide if I thought they were villains or not.

Me too, she was great in that movie.

I didn't care for Dafoe's Goblin tbh. Alfred Molina's DocOc was the only villain I thought was well acted from Raimi's Spidey movies.

I liked Molina as well. I thought Dafoe was pretty solid. A little over the top, but its excusable for a super-villain.

He wasn't bad, but I thought nearly everyone in the Raimi films were "overacting" the roles. The guy playing J. Jonah Jameson was great though lol.

Speaking of Spidey, Marvel is celebrating his 50th anniversary with a special issue of The Amazing Spider-Man. I kinda want to get down to my shop and pick it up, but I'm not sure I can get there today.

He wasn't bad, but I thought nearly everyone in the Raimi films were "overacting" the roles. The guy playing J. Jonah Jameson was great though lol.

Speaking of Spidey, Marvel is celebrating his 50th anniversary with a special issue of The Amazing Spider-Man. I kinda want to get down to my shop and pick it up, but I'm not sure I can get there today.

That may say something about Raimi as a director because you're on to something. Coming from horror movies, it might be what's natural for him, not sure.

edit: J.K. Simmons is bad ass no matter what he does, whether its nailing Jameson or selling farmers insurance.

Edited by GA_Eagle

That is a good point about Raimi's horror film background, because I really felt like most of the people involved overacted their roles. Everyone seemed more natural in the reboot, its' problem was that is was a little too cliche and overused some already known material. I do like Garfield's portrayal and I wouldn't mind if Disney/Marvel got a deal with Sony to use him in Avengers 2, I just don't see it happening. It won't be worth the money it will cost Marvel.

Wooooo.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/22/mr-eko-gets-lost-in-thor-the-dark-world

Lost and G.I. Joe actor Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has joined the cast of Marvel's Thor: The Dark World in a dual role.

Variety reports that Akinnuoye-Agbaje -- perhaps best known to IGN readers for his roles as Mr. Eko and Heavy Duty in Lost and G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, respectively -- has been cast as Kurse and Algrim in the Alan Taylor-directed sequel. His other credits include Oz, The Thing, Get Rich or Die Tryin', and next year's Bullet to the Head.

The character of Kurse began as a Dark Elf named Algrim the Strong until he was transformed into the even more powerful Kurse. Algrim had been sent by Malekith the Accursed (to be played in the film by Christopher Eccleston, who played Destro opposite Akinnuoye-Agbaje in G.I. Joe) to destroy Thor.

algrim-eko-kurse-610.jpg

I left early enough for school to make a quick trip to the comic shop for the new special Spidey 50th anniversary issue and got the last one there, lol. I always feel like a badass when I get the last one available. :p

Here it is, lucky I got it, nice addition to my (small) collection.

spidey50.jpg

Edited by Milla4Prez63