Milla4Prez63

The Superhero Thread

I was never ranting about The Dictator being awesome, I just wanted to see it because I like Sacha Baron Cohen lol.

I've looked into the X-Men and other comic characters and I'm not really as big on it. Wolverine and Deadpool are cool characters, but I just didn't get into it.

Not to say X-Men sucks, but I'm not crazy over it and am in no hurry to go see any of those movies. I don't have much money and don't want to spend what is available to see movies I'm not really pumped about seeing.

I was never ranting about The Dictator being awesome, I just wanted to see it because I like Sacha Baron Cohen lol.

I've looked into the X-Men and other comic characters and I'm not really as big on it. Wolverine and Deadpool are cool characters, but I just didn't get into it.

Not to say X-Men sucks, but I'm not crazy over it and am in no hurry to go see any of those movies. I don't have much money and don't want to spend what is available to see movies I'm not really pumped about seeing.

You weren't crazy about the Avengers either... Yet it made it to #2 on your list... ;)

That is because I did no research, never looked into any of the characters (except Hulk), I wasn't aware of what made them awesome. I went to see it and loved it. Since then, I've been spending a lot of my free time looking up comic-related stuff, even bought and read my first graphic novel. X-Men is something I did look into, but I prefer Batman, Spider-Man, Iron Man, etc.

I will get around to seeing X-Men movies, but I'm in no hurry to for several reasons. If I could go to Walmart and take a bunch of movies for free, X-Men would probably be on the list. Toy Story 3 would probably top it, I still don't know why I haven't gotten around to seeing that.

y u no put Batman & Robin on your list?

Mr Freeze is gonna have to kick your ice for that one.

:troll:

• Upvote 2

y u no put Batman & Robin on your list?

Mr Freeze is gonna have to kick your ice for that one.

:troll:

Sorry, but I had to give that movie the cold shoulder. :troll:

• Upvote 1

Woah. Woah. Everyone just needs to chill out here.

• Upvote 1

The first two X-men movies and First Class were good. I'd argue that one or two of those could crack the top 10. X-Men 3 was a mess and really ruined the franchise.

X-Men first class is the best of the X-Men movies imo.

Have any of you seen the Wolverine movie? Because I really thought it was kind of shitty, but I was talking to a hardcore X-Men fan telling me it was awesome.

Have any of you seen the Wolverine movie? Because I really thought it was kind of shitty, but I was talking to a hardcore X-Men fan telling me it was awesome.

It was subpar. I like Hugh Jackman as Wolverine but the other characters they chose and what they did with Deadpool killed the movie for me.

Watchmen is the best movie on the list.

edit:Thor and Punisher were very bad, imo

Edited by GA_Eagle

LMAO. Watchmen is arguably the most overrated super hero / comic book movie OF ALLLLLLL TIME. What a shit fest that was. It wasn't even that loyal to the graphic novel.

• Downvote 1

I really liked Watchmen. It went a little too slow at times, but I enjoyed it.

I've never read the novel either, but I liked the movie

Watchmen is the best movie on the list.

edit:Thor and Punisher were very bad, imo

Punisher was wack, I give you that one. I liked Thor.

Thor was a lot better than I expected, and Watchmen was a lot worse.

• Upvote 1

LMAO. Watchmen is arguably the most overrated super hero / comic book movie OF ALLLLLLL TIME. What a shit fest that was. It wasn't even that loyal to the graphic novel.

LOL. You like the shitty X-Men movies but not Watchmen? Watchmen was badass and the only real difference in the movie from the novel was

the ending and it made sense why they changed it for the big screen.

Okay, it wasn't exactly a shit fest... But it gets talked up SO much. WAY more than it deserves... And yes, X-Men (the most recent) was much much better. It was visually appealing, absolutely... Other than that, not really a whole lot to say.

I really liked Watchmen. It went a little too slow at times, but I enjoyed it.

I've never read the novel either, but I liked the movie

I own a collected version of the Watchmen comic and have read it 12 times. It's a very excellent book. There's a ton of character development in it.

Okay, it wasn't exactly a shit fest... But it gets talked up SO much. WAY more than it deserves... And yes, X-Men (the most recent) was much much better. It was visually appealing, absolutely... Other than that, not really a whole lot to say.

I think it deserves most of the credit it gets, honestly. They employed an awesome method of recreating actual panels from the graphic novel into the movie.

I completely understand the hate for the movie if you have not read the novel, because the movie does tend to take some liberties that it wouldn't have gotten away with unless the audience had read the novel. If I had not read it first, I'd have thought the movie was slow to the point and somewhat choppy at the same time.

Also, I saw First Class in theaters and I thought it was amazing. I was hoping it was a reboot to the series, but I am sure that's not the case. The rest of the X-Men movies, however, I thought were retarded. They had some good actors, but I think the writing was atrocious.

I never hear anyone talk about that movie, except to say bad things. Which you have done. Its easily the deepest of the movies mentioned, with some of the game theory in TDK keeping it in second. A good portion of the point of the novel and the subsequent movie were to be a criticism of what is typical in comics, and in doing so make the exact opposite type of media. Its a lot of talking instead of a lot of action. It's characters are layered where many characters in other stories are flat (though I will say Batman is not and hasn't been flat in a long time, he's been examined to death due to his motivations etc.)

The new class was decent but It wasn't THAT fucking good. Though any movie with Bacon in it is inherently watchable. If you're talking about comic continuity with Watchmen, you should REALLY take issue with those X-Men movies. All of them are incredibly fucked as far as truth to the subject matter. They are good at best and some are downright terrible.

Oh... and prequels blow. I know what's going to happen to the characters before they happen

• Upvote 1

not a fan of comic books or superheros...but i work with a guy that is..

so i must say--cannot believe now, that green lantern is a fucking queer..even fags need a superhero?...

thoughts?

• Downvote 4

I never hear anyone talk about that movie, except to say bad things. Which you have done. Its easily the deepest of the movies mentioned, with some of the game theory in TDK keeping it in second. A good portion of the point of the novel and the subsequent movie were to be a criticism of what is typical in comics, and in doing so make the exact opposite type of media. Its a lot of talking instead of a lot of action. It's characters are layered where many characters in other stories are flat (though I will say Batman is not and hasn't been flat in a long time, he's been examined to death due to his motivations etc.)

The new class was decent but It wasn't THAT fucking good. Though any movie with Bacon in it is inherently watchable. If you're talking about comic continuity with Watchmen, you should REALLY take issue with those X-Men movies. All of them are incredibly fucked as far as truth to the subject matter. They are good at best and some are downright terrible.

Oh... and prequels blow. I know what's going to happen to the characters before they happen

Lol. Watchmen is a pseudo-intellectual film. The graphic novel absolutely is incredibly smart, witty, and smooth. The film just pretends to be all of those things. It catered too much to the dumb shit super hero fan boys out there rather than the fans of the novel.

I can't say I blame them that much... It's hollywood after all. The point is to make money... But that doesn't mean I can't be disappointed.

And I love smooth and slow movies. One of my favorite shows ever is Mad Men which is INCREDIBLY slow and is dialogue dependent. But just because it's slow and dependent on the spoken word doesn't mean it's boring. Something is always going on to keep you interested and wanting more.

The same isn't said for Watchmen. They take something deep and intellectual and turn it flat out boring. It was a travesty to the original comics, in my opinion.

Just another Hollywood sell out.

not a fan of comic books or superheros...but i work with a guy that is..

so i must say--cannot believe now, that green lantern is a fucking queer..even fags need a superhero?...

thoughts?

First of all, there is like a million different Green Lanterns. It isn't a hero like Batman where we know it is Bruce Wayne, or Iron Man is Tony Stark. There is several human versions of Green Lantern, the two most famous being John Stewart (famous for the Justice League cartoon series) and Hal Jordan (who Ryan Reynolds portrayed in the live action movie). The "fag" Green Lantern is Alan Scott. Who was actually the first ever character to be known as Green Lantern. He has been rebooted for a new comic series in which he is indeed, homosexual.

Second, there is no need for all this "queer" and "fag" stuff. We all joke with those words sometimes, but they are usually in a playfull manner. You just come off as a major homophobe and I've seen you throw those words around all over the place. There really isn't a need for it.

• Upvote 1

Yes, they do. At least in the case of the new X-Men films, I think I read somewhere that they were going to adapt Days of Future Past. If that's the case, then at least it's a reboot instead of an actual prequel.