Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Finals- Thunder Vs. Heat (1-1)

No, it's an awfully stupid question to ask and anyone posing it doesn't know what they're watching.

Regardless of how well he played in game 4, he's still too much of a detriment at the worst of times. If he gets his decision making under control, the Thunder could be damn near unstoppable.

Ya, while at times Westbrook has games where absolutely nobody can stop his shot from dropping... Isn't it a much much more common occurrence when it seems like absolutely none of his shots will drop?

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Regardless of how well he played in game 4, he's still too much of a detriment at the worst of times. If he gets his decision making under control, the Thunder could be damn near unstoppable.

You don't stop taking a shot because it goes in one week and not the other. Westbrook's game CARRIED the Thunder through the first 2 rounds and some of the 3rd. But because he suddenly begins struggling in the 4th round he should stop being aggressive? No. Never. That's the mark of an average basketball player, not a great one. Westbrook is not an average basketball player.

Guest Phailadelphia

Ya, while at times Westbrook has games where absolutely nobody can stop his shot from dropping... Isn't it a much much more common occurrence when it seems like absolutely none of his shots will drop?

No not really. Through the first 3 rounds he was shooting 48%. That's crazy good efficiency.

I don't get why people continue to defend Westbrook. The guy's ego is ridiculous. He comes out and has a great game 4 and then acts like he's the best player on the team in game 5. He was 4 for fucking 20 in an elimination game, yet he continued to shoot and ignore the best scorer on the team when he wanted the ball. Look at the end of the first half. Westbrook held the ball for 8 seconds until the game clock was down to 4 and Durant was calling for the ball that whole time, but instead Westbrook drove through the lane like an animal and got the ball stolen.

The dude's just selfish and if he doesn't mature up, I don't think the Thunder will be able to win a championship.

No not really. Through the first 3 rounds he was shooting 48%. That's crazy good efficiency.

Doesn't the seesaw get old though?

I think I would rather have somebody who doesn't have the same ceiling as Westbrook, but is instead consistently good, over a guy who is so up and down.

I think I would rather have somebody who doesn't have the same ceiling as Westbrook, but is instead consistently good, over a guy who is so up and down.

You can't tell Phail that Westbrook isn't consistently good. He'll just reply as if you don't know how to watch and evaluate basketball players.

Guest Phailadelphia

Of course it does, but you have to keep in mind he's 23 years old and is nowhere near his prime. He came into the league as a very raw product. No one thought he'd be more than a defensive role player. Give him another 2-3 years. He's too young to receive the criticism he gets.

Guest Phailadelphia

You can't tell Phail that Westbrook isn't consistently good. He'll just reply as if you don't know how to watch and evaluate basketball players.

Well, I've watched at least 275+ Thunder games and the national NBA sports media agrees with me so I'm pretty confident I'm in the right.