Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Finals- Thunder Vs. Heat (1-1)

lol yeah, I know. I've already tried previously to trick him into going for the Heat. He didn't fall for my trick. This upcoming series against the Thunder will be by far, one hell of a series. Obviously I'm going for Miami in this series to defeat the Thunder. Even then, if the Heat win, they still won't get any props for being the NBA Champs... People should just get over the whole "Decision" thing and acknowledge us as a good team like the 08 Celtics when they got their big 3 together.

The 08 Celtics would have trashed this Miami team in 4 or 5...

And JRose, it's not that everybody doesn't think Miami is good, it's that everybody thinks Miami has had certain games handed to them (game 2 against Boston, last night, etc). Nobody likes a team that gets significant help from the three men on the court who are supposed to be unbiased.

The 08 Celtics would have trashed this Miami team in 4 or 5...

The same 08 Celtics that nearly lost in the first round to a Hawks team that was eight games BELOW .500?

As for this series, I feel that OKC SHOULD win because their talent compliments each other better. But I get the feeling Miami will win. Either way, LeBron haters and homers are going to lose some ammo to support their cases.

You people have been trying this far'fetched booshit since the series against Dallas. Westbrook doesn't do this anymore. Just stop trying.

It's not bullshit at all. It's just what happened. After the timeout, Westbrook wasn't even dribbling the ball up the court and barely touched the ball for the next 5 or so series. In the previous 5 series before the timeout, he turned over the ball or missed a shot 4 times and the Spurs were closing in on the lead. There is no doubt in my mind Brooks just told the team to get the ball out of Westbrook's hands.

You know, I highly doubt that. From what I've seen everyone finds a reason that this team is "not good enough" even if we beat the Thunder they will say things like "They bought the team, they didn't do it the old fashion way"

Even though I would prefer the Heat to not win, as long as they don't act all douchey and proclaim they are going to win the next 6 titles, I won't really care that much.

You know, I highly doubt that. From what I've seen everyone finds a reason that this team is "not good enough" even if we beat the Thunder they will say things like "They bought the team, they didn't do it the old fashion way"

Thunder is a team to beat this season and they play better than the Heat,IMO..If you beat them nobody will say that you "bought the team" or "didn't do it the old fashion way"..

Edited by housemd

Well, this next series is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch. MVP vs Scoring Champ, Westbrook vs Wade and Harden vs Chalmers... MY GOD IT'S GOING TO BE CRAZY!!!On another note... Was it me or did Mullin say that he can see KG going to the Heat this off-season and Allen to the Thunder? What do you guys think of that? Is that really possible? lol

Well, this next series is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to watch. MVP vs Scoring Champ, Westbrook vs Wade and Harden vs Chalmers... MY GOD IT'S GOING TO BE CRAZY!!!On another note... Was it me or did Mullin say that he can see KG going to the Heat this off-season and Allen to the Thunder? What do you guys think of that? Is that really possible? lol

Not possible..

That's what I was thinking dude! lol, I was sitting there and I thought "no way in Hell KG would take that big of a pay cut just to play for a contender, for that he just stays in Boston and take the pay cut" lol

That's what I was thinking dude! lol, I was sitting there and I thought "no way in Hell KG would take that big of a pay cut just to play for a contender, for that he just stays in Boston and take the pay cut" lol

KG will play for Boston for the rest of his career..

Where do you personally think Allen will go? Everyone I know is saying Boston more than likely will not re-sign him because of his ankles giving out on him. Where do you see him going? Milwaukee? Back to the first team? or back to the Sonics (Thunder)?

Where do you personally think Allen will go? Everyone I know is saying Boston more than likely will not re-sign him because of his ankles giving out on him. Where do you see him going? Milwaukee? Back to the first team? or back to the Sonics (Thunder)?

Someone mentioned in the shoutbox yesterday that the heard Allen could go to the Heat.

Allen in the Heat? That would be very interesting and I would be happy to have a guy like Allen on the team. His three point shot is just amazing. Wouldn't he require a lot of money? I heard the Heat could end up possibly going after Nash.

So let's see, the popular decision is Thunder... This whole playoff series Miami has been "kicked out" and we're still here. With the exception of the Knicks series, Heat were down 2-1 against Indiana and everyone had Indiana at 6. This last Boston series almost everyone I knew had Boston in 6 or 7 after the series went tied at 2-2. When are people just gonna stop the hating and give Miami their props that they're a very good team? I'm going to go against the popular decision and vote Miami in 6 or 7. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong... But it wouldn't surprise me if Miami pulls out an upset, they've been doing so since the 2nd round of the playoffs... GO HEAT! :popcorn:

Because the three big guys on your team promised championships like it was nothing. Yall talk is SURROUNDED BY TALK. TALk. TALK. All the fans down there just talk. What has Miami DONE to PROVE they are a good team? Yeah u in the finals but if u dont win it dont mean shit. Nobody remembers the losers. You have 2 top 5 players on ur team, Bosh and a bunch of good ass role players. You guys should be winning 66 games or higher. The Heat make things harder on themselves by not playing up to their potential. If your team was as good as it is on paper, u guys shouldnt have to come back vs Indiana or Boston. Yes your in the finals but if you dont win it you guys will be the biggest flop of a all star team in sports. Heat have to win about 3 rings before u guys get love. Thats what happens when your ego stars promise something in TALK and not backing it up.

• Upvote 1

So as much as we all like to bash LeBron when do we start talking about Dwyane Wade's inconsistency? He was terrible for half the Pacers series and had trouble in spots against Boston.

Because the three big guys on your team promised championships like it was nothing. Yall talk is SURROUNDED BY TALK. TALk. TALK. All the fans down there just talk. What has Miami DONE to PROVE they are a good team? Yeah u in the finals but if u dont win it dont mean shit. Nobody remembers the losers. You have 2 top 5 players on ur team, Bosh and a bunch of good ass role players. You guys should be winning 66 games or higher. The Heat make things harder on themselves by not playing up to their potential. If your team was as good as it is on paper, u guys shouldnt have to come back vs Indiana or Boston. Yes your in the finals but if you dont win it you guys will be the biggest flop of a all star team in sports. Heat have to win about 3 rings before u guys get love. Thats what happens when your ego stars promise something in TALK and not backing it up.

It's only the second year and that "championship rant" was just a joke for the fans of Miami who are excited to have the 3 biggest free agents of the 2010 Off-season. Granted the comeback to Indiana is because Bosh got hurt in the 1st game of the series and Miami had to re-invent themselves to find a way to beat a team who has the big men and us not really having any. That's why the series went as far as 6 games. But still I think the Heat isn't getting enough credit for all the critism they get and everything they do being magnified and stuff.

Was anybody else pissed how all of a sudden Chris Bosh could drain threes like they were nothing?

Bosh always had a mediocre three point shot. He hardly shot them, I'm guessing he kind of kept it as a back up plan and it worked out. I loved it! lol :yay:

Allen to the Heat was a rumor. I think he would be a good fit for the Bulls. Thunder don't really need him.

Guest Phailadelphia

It's not bullshit at all. It's just what happened. After the timeout, Westbrook wasn't even dribbling the ball up the court and barely touched the ball for the next 5 or so series. In the previous 5 series before the timeout, he turned over the ball or missed a shot 4 times and the Spurs were closing in on the lead. There is no doubt in my mind Brooks just told the team to get the ball out of Westbrook's hands.

Harden has been the closer for OKC all year. The decision to put the ball in his hands was routine. It had nothing to do with Brooks thinking Westbrook doesn't need the ball.

Do the Bulls really need him? They are pretty deep at SG aren't they?

I stand by my proclamation that OKC needs to pursue Captain Jack in the offseason. He'd be great for their team.

Really dude? lol you changed your picture from Rondo to the Thunder shirt that says "Beat the Heat"? lol I thought we had finally got you to support us for the amazing series Boston and Miami just had.

Don't get it twisted dawg, I still hate Miami. I don't know anyone in Miami that would have been like "Go Boston" if they would have won last night lol.

Edited by KiLaSix9

I went to the NBA.com website looking for a shirt like that (Beat the Heat) but for Miami, they don't have one saying "Beat the Thunder" which sucks. I wanted one lol