Sign in to follow this  
DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

NBA Finals- Thunder Vs. Heat (1-1)

It's only the second year and that "championship rant" was just a joke for the fans of Miami who are excited to have the 3 biggest free agents of the 2010 Off-season. Granted the comeback to Indiana is because Bosh got hurt in the 1st game of the series and Miami had to re-invent themselves to find a way to beat a team who has the big men and us not really having any. That's why the series went as far as 6 games. But still I think the Heat isn't getting enough credit for all the critism they get and everything they do being magnified and stuff.

Again like every Miami fan u ignore valid points. Miami gets hate bcuz of themselves. When you have a team like u do and u donot back the talk u guys put on yourselves why would people give u probs for just making the finals?.. and Exactly if its only year two why u lookin for credit when u guys have done nothing??? I dont hate Miami but i get tired of their media and fans quick. Not you but im just saying. Til you guys win 3 rings like i said today on FB nobody is going to take your seriously. If someone u know kept talking about fighting you and that you a bitch and blah blah, and then when it comes time to show up and fight and they dont show, do u take them seriously after that? NO. Samething with Miami. You dont promise rings like its nothing and choke in the finals. Winning the finals is the only thing that matters to people at this point for Miami and if you dont do that, you guys will be worst all star team ever in sports.

If Kobe had Dwight Howard AND Chris Paul, and they said the same shit Miami did, and they didnt back it up, people would joke LA too. If u want fans to give u credit just win the finals. Period.

Again like every Miami fan u ignore valid points. Miami gets hate bcuz of themselves. When you have a team like u do and u donot back the talk u guys put on yourselves why would people give u probs for just making the finals?.. and Exactly if its only year two why u lookin for credit when u guys have done nothing??? I dont hate Miami but i get tired of their media and fans quick. Not you but im just saying. Til you guys win 3 rings like i said today on FB nobody is going to take your seriously. If someone u know kept talking about fighting you and that you a bitch and blah blah, and then when it comes time to show up and fight and they dont show, do u take them seriously after that? NO. Samething with Miami. You dont promise rings like its nothing and choke in the finals. Winning the finals is the only thing that matters to people at this point for Miami and if you dont do that, you guys will be worst all star team ever in sports.

If Kobe had Dwight Howard AND Chris Paul, and they said the same shit Miami did, and they didnt back it up, people would joke LA too. If u want fans to give u credit just win the finals. Period.

Kobe, Dwight, and CP3? That would be a 16-0 playoff run, dude. Wade ain't in the same echelon as CP3 as far as guards go. Bosh is not the kind of play Dwight is. I understand your point, but if this team existed they would win the title. Easily.

Kobe, Dwight, and CP3? That would be a 16-0 playoff run, dude. Wade ain't in the same echelon as CP3 as far as guards go. Bosh is not the kind of play Dwight is. I understand your point, but if this team existed they would win the title. Easily.

I love my Lakers and i would love that starting line, but i wouldnt say easily nor a 16-0 run. Wade is the best SG in the league, and overall Wade is the better player imo, all hate aside he gets. Hes a top 3 player. Lebron, Durant, Wade. Paul would be a spot below or two. Paul and Wade though, is comparing the best PG in the NBA to the best SG in the NBA. Wade brings defense too. Now Bosh may not be on that defensive edge Howard has, but hes a much better scorer then Dwight. Bosh used to kill Dwight one on one when he was in Toronto.

But the Heat DO HAVE the team to win it all and they did last year too. Thunder and Heat should meet in the finals the next couple of years if they play up to their top game thruout the yr. The new Boston-Lakers type finals of always seeing the same two teams. But until game 4 in the Pacers series, the Heat have played up to their game finally. The big three did it together to put away the Celtics. Can they do that against a MUCH better offense in the Thunder? This series could go to 7 if the big three continue to play well together on the floor. If they dont Thunder beat em in 6.

Edited by 56AceInDaPlace

I just hope LeBron wins. Tired of the haters

So let's see, the popular decision is Thunder... This whole playoff series Miami has been "kicked out" and we're still here. With the exception of the Knicks series, Heat were down 2-1 against Indiana and everyone had Indiana at 6. This last Boston series almost everyone I knew had Boston in 6 or 7 after the series went tied at 2-2. When are people just gonna stop the hating and give Miami their props that they're a very good team? I'm going to go against the popular decision and vote Miami in 6 or 7. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong... But it wouldn't surprise me if Miami pulls out an upset, they've been doing so since the 2nd round of the playoffs... GO HEAT! :popcorn:

What? Are you kidding me?

The Heat have been heavy favorites in every series.

Because the three big guys on your team promised championships like it was nothing. Yall talk is SURROUNDED BY TALK. TALk. TALK. All the fans down there just talk. What has Miami DONE to PROVE they are a good team? Yeah u in the finals but if u dont win it dont mean shit. Nobody remembers the losers. You have 2 top 5 players on ur team, Bosh and a bunch of good ass role players. You guys should be winning 66 games or higher. The Heat make things harder on themselves by not playing up to their potential. If your team was as good as it is on paper, u guys shouldnt have to come back vs Indiana or Boston. Yes your in the finals but if you dont win it you guys will be the biggest flop of a all star team in sports. Heat have to win about 3 rings before u guys get love. Thats what happens when your ego stars promise something in TALK and not backing it up.

For once, Mikey and I agree on something.

Coming into town, introducing them like rock stars, (look at when the Celtics signed their "big 3" and compare), promising eight championships, giving them the keys to the city... Miami made everyone hate them.

It's not gonna stop till your team backs up its talk.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

What? Are you kidding me?

The Heat have been heavy favorites in every series.

Yeah man. When Bosh got hurt the Pacers series went 2-1, A LOT of people gave the Pacers the edge in the series. Beginning the Boston series I'd say it was leaning towards Boston, the reason being because Bosh was still out and KG was doing whatever he wanted in the paint and playing terrific shot blocker in the paint. When Bosh came back and was in good health, the Heat finally got back into the series. Bosh was the X-Factor. Without Bosh, I don't think we would have gotten passed Boston.

Yeah man. When Bosh got hurt the Pacers series went 2-1, A LOT of people gave the Pacers the edge in the series. Beginning the Boston series I'd say it was leaning towards Boston, the reason being because Bosh was still out and KG was doing whatever he wanted in the paint and playing terrific shot blocker in the paint. When Bosh came back and was in good health, the Heat finally got back into the series. Bosh was the X-Factor. Without Bosh, I don't think we would have gotten passed Boston.

The Heat were favored to win every series they've been in.

Vegas has given Miami the favorite in every series. I was listening to the radio yesterday and the only reason OKC has the favorite right now is because of home court advantage. People should stop listening to ESPN analysts so much ;)

Guest Phailadelphia

Vegas has given Miami the favorite in every series. I was listening to the radio yesterday and the only reason OKC has the favorite right now is because of home court advantage. People should stop listening to ESPN analysts so much ;)

That can't be the only reason. They opened as favorites by -165 in Vegas. That's INSANE.

That can't be the only reason. They opened as favorites by -165 in Vegas. That's INSANE.

From what I read the Vegas system kept everything the same and just flipped the home court advantage and the computer spat out Miami as the favorites. It's literally the only thing, it's pretty even.

This Finals is going to be insanely interesting! I CAN'T WAIT!

So what you're saying, when the Heat went down in series 2-1 and 3-2, people thought they were going to lose the series?

Shocker.

When the series opened, the Heat were heavy favorites.

Thunder in 5!!!!

I feel as if I'm the only Pro-Heat guy in this post? I feel like the black sheep here? lol At least in the ECF post there were a few other Heat supporters lol. Go Heat! lol

I feel as if I'm the only Pro-Heat guy in this post? I feel like the black sheep here? lol At least in the ECF post there were a few other Heat supporters lol. Go Heat! lol

Karl, Vin, and Dmac all appear to be rooting for the Heat.

Of course the majority of people hate the Heat, for reasons already stated.

Yeah, it's cool though. I have no beef with the Thunder, those guys are freaking nasty! Now a good question I've been thinkin is... would you start Bosh or continue to use him off the bench? The reason I ask is because he's been extremely effective off the bench and when our starting "Bigs" (Haslem and Battier) get tired you bring in a super-star in Bosh while OKC will be bringing in bench players and what not? Maybe it's wishful thinking, but it might work... or am I completely off here? lol

Guest Phailadelphia

The match-ups favor Bosh as a starter. Collison is a great P&R and post-up defender. Bosh would fare better against Ibaka or Perkins.

I don't see a problem with Bosh getting his minutes off the bench. He's been playing great in that position, so don't mess with it. If it isn't working out, make adjustments.

That's what I'm thinking. As of right now, Bosh off the bench, it's working. Maybe in game 2 if they see Bosh off the bench isn't working, they'll adjust. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I'd be happy if Bosh won a championship, after playing in Toronto so long and doing so well, he deserves it.

you aren't, I can't stand the Thunder and I want Lebron to win a ring. lol.

The match-ups favor Bosh as a starter. Collison is a great P&R and post-up defender. Bosh would fare better against Ibaka or Perkins.

This 110%. Haslem has a jump shot, but not enough of one to draw Ibaka far enough away from the rim. Aside from that, Perkins can stick with Battier with his weight loss.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Ya I agree with majority here. Bosh has to start this time. If Spo wants LeBron to be LeBron and attack the paint somebody has to draw Perkins or Ibaka out of there and they have to respect Bosh's jumpshot. Bosh could easily see 15 points in the first half if they decide to just let Bosh shoot rather than having LeBron get away with an open lane.

This game tonight is going to be so good. I can't wait! Go Heat

X FACTOR of the finals = JAMES HARDEN. Basically a all star off the bench, who does Miami put on him? Lebron will guard Durant, and Wade Westbrook. Do u put Battier on him? Even though Harden is quicker then he is. Do you put Chalmers on him and risk a smaller defensive guard on Harden? I dont think Miami has a answer for him. If Harden scores 20 or more a game, unless the BIG THREE for Miami can keep up, i dont see Miami winning. What ever Lebron and Wade go for, Westbrook and Durant can match. The Thunder have paint defense to keep Bosh from getting comfy inside. So he'll be pressed anywhere on the floor.

Reason also i picked Thunder to win it all is on who they beat. They showed they are the best in the West. Sweept Dallas, Beat LA in 5 and come back from a 0-2 against Spurs.

While Miami beat a Amareless Knicks, hadda come back from the Pacers, good team but not a top team. And hadda come back against Boston, their only good series win really. None of those 3 teams matchup who the Thunder beat though, and the Thunder won easily their first two series. Thunder jut have that team that can matchup any team. They got defensive bigs, two stars, a star off the bench. And other peices. I wouldnt stop to say i wouldnt be shocked if Thunder won in 5. Honestly. But im pulling for a good series so i hope it goes to 6 or 7.