Favre4Ever

[Official] TGP ESPN Fantasy Football League

It's that time of year again, TGP.

Time to start thinking about fantasy football! This thread will be the home base of our Official 2012 ESPN Fantasy League.

Firstly, we have to give a big shout out to Oochy, who is the reigning ESPN Fantasy Champion here at TGP. :clap: Let's see who has what it takes to dethrone the champion! If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

I had the pleasure of running the league a year ago, and while we did have some problems early on, I think it was a very successful fantasy campaign. I have officially reactivated the league, and I will look to iron out some of the issues we had last year to make the 2012 fantasy season the best it can be.

The 2011 Participants were...

1. Oochy

2. Pookie

3. Bangy

4. Stevo

5. Vin

6. Favre4Ever

7. Phail

8. Bay

9. ODB

10. Kila

11. RZB

12. Devon

For all of the above, I need an E-Mail address from you to send invites at your earliest convenience.

If, for whatever reason, you were in the league last year and do not or can not participate, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

As far as replacements go, more established members will have the ability to join first. After those spots are filled, it will be pretty much 1st come, 1st serve. I am expecting anywhere from 2-5 teams to be replaced, but that is only a guess this early in the year.

REMEMBER: Members can only participate in ONE of following...

[Official] TGP ESPN Fantasy F League

[Official] TGP Yahoo! Fantasy F League

For reference, the 2011 League Thread

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/50556-tgps-fantasy-espn-league-2011/

Edited by Favre4Ever

Also, we are open to any and all changes as far as the rules are concerned. If you would like to suggest a rule and/or scoring change, please ring them to the attention of the league as soon as possible so we can vote and get all of the changes out of the way as early as possible.

Potential draft dates will not be discussed for a few weeks at least, but I am looking for more draft participation this year!

Couple points I would like to bring up...

1. I am also thinking about reshuffling the divisions based on records. Would you guys like to reshuffle, or would you rather just stay where we are to help develop the rivalries and such?

2. Do you guys want to assign draft slots based on standings from a year ago or would you like to just keep it simple and randomize the order before the draft?

3. What about an Offline draft, that we organize before the league begins? We can all get together in AIM or what have you. I think it would be a ton of fun that way. BUt up to you guys.

4. Maybe auction-style draft?

Edited by Favre4Ever

first off, to remove any question, I'm in to defend my crown, now to address your four suggestions:

1) I don't like divisions in fantasy on principle but mainly because scheduling is never dependent on them, I was in a 12 team league last year with four divisions (three teams each) that went 13 weeks, so you played two teams twice and every other team once, so you'd think you'd be playing your two divisional opponents twice, but no, you just played two random teams twice, that said, I don't care how the divisions are set up

2) I'd rather randomize, but that's just because I won last year and don't want to automatically pick last :p, in all seriousness tho, setting by last year's reverse-finish order adds another element for those who are in the league year after year and would be a fun thing to incorporate this year, though we'd have to figure out where to put new people, I'd say the best way to do it is at the end of the draft in order of joining, reward the returning guys

3) no, the online draft mechanism is one of the best things ESPN does, it just makes things too easy to not use when we're spread out as much as we are, the only time off line drafts are worth it is if you can get everyone in the same room, which as awesome as it'd be to do for this league, it just ain't happening

4) I've always wanted to do a league based on an auction draft so I'd definitely be in for it if enough people want to do it

As another point, can we get the scoring system posted in case anyone has suggestions for modifications? or are we going to wait until a bit later (like, once we have the participants set) to get into that?

Scoring:

w6yrt2.jpg

Rosters:

11qprvr.png

Season Information:

jp8s5g.png

Oh and Oochy, that is definitely an option too. If everyone would prefer just to not have divisions, that is definitely something that can be changed.

Due to uncertainty with my academic/work schedule this fall, I will not be participating in the league, so my spot will be vacated. Been a pleasure competing against you, gentlemen. :rock:

In.

1. Reshuffle wouldn't be bad. I know division two was mired in mediocrity record-wise last year. Obviously though this is a new fantasy season, so :shrug:

2. Randomize

3, I'm indifferent, but I wouldn't be against it.

4. I've never done an auction-style draft, so I can't really comment one way or another.

Any chance you would reconsider at a later date? I don't want to remove you if you think you can do it when August rolls around.

I'm glad I had you post that, I'm going to go ahead and go on record that I'm not a fan of the two week playoff games, but if I'm the only one opposed I can deal with it

I'm glad I had you post that, I'm going to go ahead and go on record that I'm not a fan of the two week playoff games, but if I'm the only one opposed I can deal with it

Ya, I think this was brought up last year when the playoffs rolled around. I will leave it up for discussion, but I would consider it one of the more likely changes to be made.

Would you increase the number of playoff teams at all? Or just keep it at 4 and start the playoffs later in the season?

Ya, I think this was brought up last year when the playoffs rolled around. I will leave it up for discussion, but I would consider it one of the more likely changes to be made.

Would you increase the number of playoff teams at all? Or just keep it at 4 and start the playoffs later in the season?

I wouldn't be opposed to increasing it to 6, I like to have the playoffs roughly half of the league, so four is great for a ten team league, but in a 12 team league I like a 6 team playoff, it just keeps people in it longer making the league more interesting for all involved, last year I think we just had one spot up for grabs going into the last week

Any chance you would reconsider at a later date? I don't want to remove you if you think you can do it when August rolls around.

Nah. I'm pretty confident I'll be too busy, plus I don't think you guys will have a problem getting 12 participants.

Fair enough. Thanks for the early notice, bro.

1 spot is officially open for anyone interested.

EDIT:

Also, I think we are going to keep this league as a standard draft. Reason being...

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/59820-interested-in-being-commish-of-tgp-auction-league/

Edited by Favre4Ever

I'm interested to join the Fantasy League this year.

I'm definitely in. Redeem team baby.

As for your suggestions:

1) Not a fan of divisions. So if its going to come down to a vote, I vote to get rid of them.

2) Random draft order.

3) I definitely prefer an online draft, same as we've done, for this league.

4) I'd prefer not to do auction style, simply because I don't know how it works and wouldn't want to try something new, when our league has worked so well in the past.

Just found out that in ESPN LM leagues, they make you retain rosters from year to year. How dumb, lol.

Therefore, I have deleted and recreated the league. I WILL NEED your e-mail address to send invites. Feel free to PM me if you don't want your address posted publicly.

If there's any spot left,I'd like to join..I've never done an auction style draft so I wouldn't really manage in that kind of draft..

I would love to get in one of the two leagues, whichever one has a spot.

I've never done an auction style draft, not sure how that would work.

I'd be down if there's a spot open.

I will retain my spot please bro.

email is in a pm

Haven't gotten a PM from you yet. ;)

Haven't gotten a PM from you yet. ;)

Ha sent sorry got distracted

No problem. Invite sent. We're half full!

Feel free to continue debating scoring and roster rules if you wish. I will make a harder push to get these changed the closer we get.