Milla4Prez63

Official NBA Offseason Thread

I know the Finals are not quite over, but we just had our first offseason move so I figured I'd make this thread with the draft being a week away as well.

First trade of the offseason

Hornets receive: Rashard Lewis, 46th pick

Wizards receive: Emeka Okafor, Trevor Ariza

The Hornets really did a nice job with this deal. They are going to save a lot of money and dump two overpaid players who don't do much. I'm not sure what the Wizards are thinking, they already have a lot of money invested in Nene and Kevin Seraphin looks like a beast. I don't see what they wanted with Okafor's ugly contract for a few more years. But I think this makes Beal a lock to go #3 if he is there.

Can we make it a rule that no one calls their threads "Official"?

• Upvote 2

It sounds as if Rob Hennigan will become the new Magic GM. But OKC still playing is complicating the process and making it tough to finalize. I'd still prefer the Thunder winning, but I won't be upset if they lose and we can get our new GM in town ASAP.

The Wizards don't care about building around Wall. :yep:

I think they are just stupid, rofl. They were better off just buying out Lewis themselves. Okafor and Ariza are overpaid underperformers who won't really help their team. I don't see the need for Okafor anyways, they already had Nene and Kevin Seraphin. Nene is overpaid himself, so they have way too much money invested down low.

Don't have a linkeh, but I keep hearing that the Hornets are planning on changing everything. From the name, to the jerseys.

I also have heard that the Bobcats are planning on making a jersey switch.

I also have heard that the Bobcats are planning on making a jersey switch.

120620_jersey_01.jpg

I can't wait to see what the Brooklyn Nets jerseys look like. :coffee:

Yeah, Tom Benson has confirmed that he wants a name that fits the style of New Orleans.

Word is, the Bobcats will take the Hornets name if that happens and bring back the Charlotte Hornets.

120620_jersey_01.jpg

I can't wait to see what the Brooklyn Nets jerseys look like. :coffee:

Those look kinda sweet. It's gonna be mad disappointing when they play like the Wizard.

Cats? Mad soft.

Thank goodness, the offseason is officially under way.

Word is, the Bobcats will take the Hornets name if that happens and bring back the Charlotte Hornets.

Then why come out with those new jerseys?

I kinda liked the Hornets jersey. It gave it the whole "New Orleans" feel to it. Oh well, I guess nothing we can do here. As far as offseason goes... I know the Heat need some kind of Center, but I really don't know who's available right now as far as Centers go.

I was reading that the Thunder have their eyes on Phil Jackson or Jeff Van Gundy if their extension talks with Scott Brooks falls flat, and that if things fall apart, the Magic would try and jump in on Brooks. Which I'd rather not happen, I'd rather just stick to Brian Shaw or Mike Malone. But with the connections to Hennigan, I'm sure we'd try if that happens. It all sounds like offseason BS to me, the Thunder and Brooks should have enough motivation to get a deal done by July 1st.

If I were a Thunder fan, I'd be weary about how committed Phil would really be to coaching the team. It would be Favre-like with waiting year-to-year to see if he'll come back. I honestly think if things fall apart with Brooks, they should go to Stan Van Gundy. He is an extremly intelligent coach, but he is loud and cranky, not sure how players there would react to that.

On another NBA notes:

-Bird rights have been granted to Jeremy Lin, Steve Novak, Chauncey Billups and J.J. Hickson. Making life easier for the Knicks, Clippers and Trail Blazers. The NBA plans on appealing however.

-Steve Nash is reportedly interesting signing with the Trail Blazers, Raptors or Suns.

-The Warriors are interested in Brandon Roy if he returns from his one year retirement.

-The Cavaliers and Bobcats have reportedly discussed swapping the 2nd and 4th picks in the draft. Cleveland wants to jump the Wizards to secure Florida guard Bradley Beal.

-Former Cavaliers GM Danny Ferry is receiving interest from the 76ers and Hawks about their GM position. If Ferry is hired by Atlanta, current GM Rick Sund is expected to remain in the front office in some role.

Ugh I want Nash to go to Miami. I know you generally don't want to take the ball out of LeBron's hands, but Nash is the best guy at making his teammates better. I wanna see the stuff Nash and LeBron could come up with playing together.

Ugh I want Nash to go to Miami. I know you generally don't want to take the ball out of LeBron's hands, but Nash is the best guy at making his teammates better. I wanna see the stuff Nash and LeBron could come up with playing together.

Truth be told, I understand LeBron is a great point forward, but I can't imagine him playing on the wing, running off screens, and posting up. I think we're looking at a 35 point scorer if Nash comes to Miami. I really do.

Brandon Roy is very aware that playing on his knees could result in the inability to walk. I doubt he's willing to go to anything other than a contender.

OKC, you listening?

Guest Phailadelphia

RT @dailythunder Harden on wanting to stay in OKC: "This is something special here. A dynasty is being built here ... The other stuff, you can't buy it."

Doesn't sound like Harden is going anywhere. :)

• Upvote 1

I can only hope that he'll sing the same tune once he's got a max contract or five laying in front of him...

Harden shouldn't be getting any max offers, but desperate GMs overpay in this league. Look at Rashard Lewis.

Harden shouldn't be getting any max offers, but desperate GMs overpay in this league. Look at Rashard Lewis.

Which is why I mentioned it...

I wasn't questioning why you brought it up lol.

Anywho, the Magic have begun their coaching search but they appearently have not contacted Pacers' assistant Brian Shaw yet. Shaw, Mike Malone and Steve Clifford are considered the favorites with Scott Broos being an outside shot if talks with the Thunder break down.