Milla4Prez63

Official NBA Offseason Thread

Guest Phailadelphia
The Oklahoma City Thunder will have to send their 2nd round pick in the 2013 draft to the Boston Celtics for a "dispute over Jeff Green's medical condition."

This is ridiculously stupid.

I don't know if it's true,but I've seen some rumors that Steve Nash might sign with the Knicks..

Guest Phailadelphia

Detroit has traded Ben Gordon + a protected future 1st-rd pick to Charlotte for Corey Maggette.

Detroit just needs to amnesty Charlie V and they are on the right track.

This is ridiculously stupid.

I agree, but it really sounds like his condition should have been known about long before it was.

Not really offseason related, but...

Amare Stoudemire was fined $50,000 for a private tweet he sent to one of his followers.

The message included offensive language and an anti-gay slur, and was made public once the recipient took a screen capture of it and posted it for everyone to see. The $50,000 hit shouldn't impact Stoudemire too much, but this is a good reminder that private texts and messages are not necessarily private.

Source: Marc Spears on Twitter

Guest Phailadelphia

I agree, but it really sounds like his condition should have been known about long before it was.

According to the NBA's press release, the team cardiologists made the diagnosis but did not inform team management. If they didn't know about it when they traded him, why are they being fined for it?

According to the NBA's press release, the team cardiologists made the diagnosis but did not inform team management. If they didn't know about it when they traded him, why are they being fined for it?

The cardiologists were employed by the team. They didn't know about it, but they should have. They're essentially being fined for hiring dumbasses. Can't really argue with that.

Because the team cardiologists didn't do their duty by informing management of his condition. Gee. That was difficult. Either way, the team should have known, and it should have been known to Boston when they traded for him. I know this punishment sucks, but it's entirely warranted.

I remember when the Nets had a plethora of draft picks... then they pissed them all away. Like the 6th overall pick for Gerald Wallace. hahalol.png.gif

Amar'e's tweet:

original.jpg

Why the hell did the Bobcats trade for Gordon? :shrug:

They may keep the pick next year but after that its going to the Pistons.

I remember when the Nets had a plethora of draft picks... then they pissed them all away. Like the 6th overall pick for Gerald Wallace. hahalol.png.gif

Nets panicked when Dwight opted in. It was dumb because if Deron re-signs with them I don't think it will be because of Gerald Wallace lol. They were better off getting someone at #6 in a pretty deep draft with upside.

As for Charlotte taking Gordon. It makes more sense when I think about it. They get a future first round pick from a team who appears to be lottery bound for a few more years and while Gordon is owed a lot of money, there is only two years left on the deal. He becomes a massive expiring after next season and could be a trade chip. I still think the Pistons got the better end of the deal, but it makes sense in a way for the Bobcats.

Some rumors:

Bulls might trade Noah,Deng and one more player for Dwight Howard..

Trade between Rockets and Kings:

Kings get: 14th pick,18th pick,Kevin Martin,Future 1st rounder

Rockets get: 5th pick, Francisco Garcia, Tyreke Evans

Trade between Rockets and Raptors:

Raptors get: 14th pick, Kyle Lowry

Rockets get: 8th pick, 56th pick

Trade between Rockets and Blazers:

Blazers get: Courney Lee, Samuel Dalembert, 2013 2nd round pick

Rockets get: 11th pick

Some rumors:

Bulls might trade Noah,Deng and one more player for Dwight Howard..

No.

Some more rumors:

Trade between Rockets and Magic:

Magic get: 5th pick, 8th pick, 11th pick, Marcus Morris

Rockets get: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Quentin Richardson

Trade between Magic and Mavericks:

Mavericks get: Jameer Nelson, 49th pick

Magic get: 17th pick

3-team trade: Bulls,Rockets,Kings

Kings get Noah,Brewer,and #14 pick from Houston

Houston gets pick #5

Bulls get Tyreke Evans and #16 from Houston

No.

I know there are very small chances for that trade to happen..

Some more rumors:

Trade between Rockets and Magic:

Magic get: 5th pick, 8th pick, 11th pick, Marcus Morris

Rockets get: Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Quentin Richardson

This is better than the proposed Bulls' trade.

Trade between Magic and Mavericks:

Mavericks get: Jameer Nelson, 49th pick

Magic get: 17th pick

Very interesting. Where did you hear this? Jameer can opt out on June 29th (Friday), but he could still be traded if he likes the situation. Which I figure he would in Dallas.

Very interesting. Where did you hear this? Jameer can opt out on June 29th (Friday), but he could still be traded if he likes the situation. Which I figure he would in Dallas.

Well,I've seen this trade posted on another forum and I found it very interesting too..Magic could get a good PG with the 17th pick,maybe Marquis Teague or Kendall Marshall..

Do you have the link? I posted it on a Magic forum and now I'm getting harassed for a link lol.

I'd like Marshall, but he won't fall that far. We could pick Teague with our 19th pick if we wanted though. If we made that trade, I'd guess it would be to get a SF and PG.

Other interesting ones:

Bobcats trade Augustin and 31st pick for Blazers 11th pick..

Trade between Sixers and Kings:

Kings get: Iguodala,Young

Sixers get: Evans,5th pick

LOL this dude:

Hawks trade Josh Smith marvin williams and joe johnson and #43 and 2013 1st rounder to new orleans

Hornets trade #1 and #10 and 2013 2nd rounder