Bay

NHL off-season

Russia beats Canada for bronze.

Next up: USA vs. Sweden for the Gold.

I miss hockey a lot. I wish they could resolve their issues and salvage what is left of the season. The fans of this sport deserve a lot better than this.

• Upvote 1

NEW YORK -- A tentative agreement has been reached between the NHL and the players' association.

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman and NHLPA executive director Donald Fehr stood side by side in the early hours of Sunday morning to announce there was a framework in place for a new collective bargaining agreement.

Although the deal still requires language clarification, legal fine-tuning and ratification from both sides, a verbal agreement has been reached on the major points.

Continue Reading: ESPN

clap.gifbeerchug.gifthumbup.gifhifiver.gifrock.gifBanana.gif

about damn time, and it looks like they reached a ten year deal (with mutual opt out at 8 years) so hopefully this'll last

as for this season, they're looking at either a 48 or 50 game season to start January 15 or 19 with the playoffs extending to the end of June

Edited by oochymp
  • Upvote 1

FINALLY!!! This has been long overdue but I'm just happy they were finally able to agree on something.

tumblr_lr2qntd6wx1r21bjmo1_500.gif

• Upvote 1

:yay:

LETS DROP THE PUCK AND PLAY SOME FREAKIN HOCKEY

• Upvote 1

^ Blots posted that already, hilarious.

^lol okay.

So how many fans do you think the NHL lost with this bullshit?

My dad said he won't even be interested in the Rangers now. I have a feeling that will change once he sees a game on TV lol

I have a feeling that will change once he sees a game on TV lol

:yeahthat: sports fans in general are pretty forgiving of labor disputes once the games start back up, I don't think it'll be that bad, and really they probably had the best possible timing to start back up right as football is in the final stretch, so I don't think they'll be that bad off

@TSNBobMcKenzie As others reported, looks like season is maximum 48 games starting Jan 19 with camps opening no later than Sunday Jan. 13, if all goes well.
Each team plays: 4 games vs. two Divisional opponents (8); 5 games vs. two divisional opponents (10); 3 games vs 10 Conference rivals (30).

Burke out as Toronto GM

Edited by Bay

Click me

Summary: Kovy wants to stay in St. Petersburg for the rest of the KHL season and come back for the NHL 13-14 season.

Can't say I blame him, but I don't like hearing this kind of stuff from our (more than likely) captain.

Since the Avs hold the Number 1 overall pick I'm pretty pumped for the draft. And if they're smart and take Seth Jones #1 that will be a great moment in NHL history. Would be the 1st African-American player to be drafted #1 in the NHL.

Pens have agreed to terms with Malkin on an eight-year $76 million contract extension.

I like the Flyers trading for Streit. Now does that mean Johnny T is going to be Captain for the Isles?

Edited by Bay

The Avs don't think Seth Jones is NHL ready and are saying that they would draft Nathan MacKinnon "today". The Avs know the Panthers really want him and they keep publicly saying these things. I mean MacKinnon is ready to play next season, and I'd be fine with getting defensemen through FA if this is the case.

I think all of the top prospects (Jones, MacKinnon, Drouin, Barkov, Nichushkin) will make their respective teams unless they look like complete shit in training camp.

Crazy that the Avs are probably going to pass on Jones, though.

Edited by BucD

Canucks hired John Tortorella. Press conference is later today.