Bay

NHL off-season

Biggest wtf moment for me was Calagry giving Wideman a 5 year twenty five million....at best he is an average defenseman.

A bunch of ridiculous contracts are being handed out today. And yet the owners will complain about the players getting overpaid. The vicious cycle continues.

Given how much the cap has risen, the average salary should be about 3 million. Combine that with people always making more in free agency than they're worth and 5 million doesnt surprise me.

So happy Brodeur has come back to the Devils!!! Not to mention Hedberg is back on board as backup so we don't have to worry about our goaltending situation for at least another year.

Parise decision should come today. I've already come to grips with the fact he probably won't be coming back but it'd still be awesome if he did. I'm interested on what the offer is for him. We do have $18 mil available this year...

Edited by JetsFan4Life

Supposedly the Flyers are still in on both Parise and Suter. I'll be really excited if we can get Parise, but won't be heartbroken because we'd have to overpay for him (most likely). We'll see.

Biggest wtf moment for me was Calagry giving Wideman a 5 year twenty five million....at best he is an average defenseman.

Flames sign Jiri Hudler for 4 years/16 M.

Apparently Matt Carle is going to get $5 million per year as well. Don't know why the trend is to grossly overpay defensemen, but that's what's happening.

Yeah, I'm hearing the Parise decision should come by the end of today, too. Happy as well that Marty came back. He's still got some left in the tank. Even if he is a little shaky, let's not forget the Flyers of years past..their goalie situation was unstable at best and they did just fine lol.

As long as Parise doesn't sign with the Pens or Flyers, I wish him the best (Yes, I'm aware these two teams are the top two suitors for him lol).

@DarrenDreger

Parise's agent, Wade Arnott: "We have thoroughly deliberated every option with Zach...He wishes to take some time to step back and review all with his fiance and his family. We could be drawing closer to a decision."

And now we wait. Nothing on Suter yet either.

Carey Price re-signs with Montreal for 6 more years.

Sabres have sent F Derek Roy to the Stars in exchange for Steve Ott and Adam Pardy.

Jets have signed Olli Jolkien.... at work can't post report.

Avs re-sign Defenseman Erik Johnson. Had a solid 2nd half. Still only 24 years old.

Also Devils re-upped with Bryce Salvador.

Edited by BayAreaBomber

Salvador has re-signed with the Devils. Lou's message is clear. He wants last years team back. Brodeur, Hedberg, Carter, Bernier, Janssen, Gionta, Harrold, and now Salvador all signed back within the past week.

Pretty much the message is crystal clear to Parise. We have the team all set to go again it's just a matter on if he wants to continue to be the face of the franchise. And with all these re-signings we still have $15 million to dole out. So the money is there...

Four and a half million for Jagr? Very glad the Flyers won't be paying him that, though he gave us a hell of a season in 2011-12. Thank you, Jaromir. :rock:

Edit: Here's what I'm thinking for Parise.

1) Penguins

2) Flyers

3) Devils

4) Wild

5) Blackhawks

Edited by SteVo

So where do the Wild rank in the West now?

Also, Flyers should trade for Bobby Ryan now. :D

Holee shit. Glad it's not the same division as us

This is one happy Wild fan!! We might actually be revelvant this year. With the addition of Mitchell and the prospects coming up it could be a fun year!

I'd probably put them from 6-8.

Also, Flyers should trade for Bobby Ryan now. :D

Hard to say..... I do see them taking their division but how often does two or more big name free agent signings pay off the next season ? not very often. Reminds of Colorado in 03 getting Selanne and Kariya.

Reminds of Colorado in 03 getting Selanne and Kariya.

Can we get the same results? :D

Incarcerated Bob ‏@incarceratedbob

**BREAKING NHL NEWS**Sources: As i reported earlier in day - Zach Parise has ALREADY chosen his team for 2012-13 #Penguins ! #DONE now STFU

tumblr_lnwltqhA7R1qzj7lm.png

Once again, that fucking fraud has egg on his face. :laugh:

And my reaction on Parise leaving the Devils...

eQsuN.gif

Ricky and Mav sad-n-mad. :yep:

• Upvote 2