Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Jerry Sandusky found guilty on 45 of 48 counts

BELLEFONTE, Pa. -- Ex-Penn State assistant coach Jerry Sandusky was convicted of 45 counts in his sex abuse trial Friday.

The 68-year-old former Penn State assistant football coach was fighting 48 counts that accuse him of abusing 10 boys over 15 years.

The courtroom was closed by the time the jury and attorneys assemble for the verdict, and no one was be allowed to leave until court is adjourned, the judge said in a court order. The verdict was read count by count.

Earlier in the evening, Sandusky's lawyer said he would be shocked and "die of a heart attack" if the former Penn State assistant football coach were acquitted on all counts in his child sex abuse trial.

The candid remarks by Joe Amendola lasted about 15 minutes inside the courtroom and opened a wide window into Sandusky's state of mind as he and his wife, Dottie, waited for a verdict.

Jurors began deliberating the case Thursday and talked all day Friday.

Amendola said the Sanduskys were spending a lot of time praying. He described the atmosphere at their home as like a funeral.

The couple was "crushed" Thursday when lawyers for one of their sons, Matt Sandusky, said the 33-year-old had been prepared to testify on behalf of prosecutors, Amendola said. Matt Sandusky said his father abused him, his attorneys said.

Amendola said he wasn't surprised by another man, Travis Weaver, who claimed during an NBC interview Thursday that he was abused by Sandusky more than 100 times in the early 1990s, or by any others who might come forward.

"Money does a lot of bad things to people," he said.

As for Sandusky and his family, Amendola said he has given them an objective appraisal of what they could expect.

"I've used the best example I could use: climbing Mount Everest from the bottom of the mountain," he said. "It's a daunting, daunting case."

He also said that Sandusky had his wife talk to a criminal defense lawyer a couple months ago "just to be careful."

Amendola's interview ended when he was summoned into the chambers of Judge John Cleland, who presided over the two-week trial. Cleland has issued a gag order barring lawyers from discussing the case.

The verdict will impact not only Sandusky and the eight young men who accused him of molestation, but a range of civil and criminal probes of the scandal that shamed the university and brought down coach Joe Paterno.

The jury's apparent focus on the charges involving an unknown boy called Victim 2 in court papers renewed attention on the separate criminal case against two former school officials.

Tim Curley, who temporarily stepped down as athletic director, and now-retired vice president Gary Schultz are charged with lying to a grand jury about what they knew of the 2001 assault that then-graduate assistant Mike McQueary said he witnessed.

Jurors took copious notes and appeared to pay close attention Friday as McQueary's two-hour testimony was read back to them. McQueary, who said he walked in on the assault, testified that he did not see penetration, but he did see a boy pressed up against a wall in the football team shower with Sandusky behind him.

Jurors also reheard the testimony of a McQueary family friend, Dr. Jonathan Dranov, who said that McQueary told him a different version of the story that didn't include sexual contact.

McQueary, however, also testified that he hadn't told Dranov everything that he saw.

The jury also sought details from the judge on charges connected to a boy known in court records as Victim 8. Cleland told the jurors in a brief courtroom meeting that they must be satisfied that there is other evidence that abuse occurred, not just statements from a janitor who relayed a co-worker's account.

On Friday, a judge in Harrisburg scheduled a July 11 status conference with lawyers for Curley and Schultz, who are also charged with failing to properly report suspected child abuse to authorities. They are fighting the charges and await trial.

Philadelphia attorney Fortunato Perri Jr., who has been following the Sandusky trial, said an acquittal of Sandusky on the counts involving Victim 2 could provide a road map for the defense of Curley and Schultz.

"You've now had a jury kind of preview your case with respect to the credibility of McQueary," Perri said. "Who knows if the next jury would believe him or not believe him? But you've got to feel pretty good if you're representing those two guys, and a jury has taken a good long look at McQueary's testimony and decided something didn't smell right about it."

Bruce Antkowiak, a former federal prosecutor and defense attorney who now teaches law at St. Vincent College near Latrobe, said the Sandusky jury's verdict on the charges involving Victim 2 is legally irrelevant to Curley and Schultz.

That's because, Antkowiak said, they are charged with violating a legal duty to properly report the allegation that Sandusky abused the boy -- regardless of whether it was later proven.

"The underlying truth of what was going on in that shower doesn't affect their underlying obligation to report the initial allegation," Antkowiak said.

Defense lawyers for Curley and Schultz did not immediately respond to a request for comment Friday.

Sandusky has repeatedly denied the allegations against him. The defense portrayed him as the hapless victim of a conspiracy to convict him of heinous crimes. They explain the 48 charges against him as the result of an investigatory team out for blood and accusers who willingly played along in hopes of securing a big payday.

Even if he's acquitted, Sandusky could face additional criminal charges involving accusers who came forward after his November arrest.

The attorney general's office has said repeatedly that it has an "active and ongoing" investigation of Sandusky, while federal prosecutors in Harrisburg issued a wide-ranging subpoena in February for university computer records and other information.

Civil lawsuits also are likely against Sandusky, his Second Mile charity and Penn State.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8087028/penn-state-nittany-lions-jerry-sandusky-convicted-45-counts-sex-abuse-trial

I hope the Sisters get ahold of him in prison and make him shit blood on the daily.

• Upvote 1

so joe paterno tells his bosses about this, turns him in. witnessed nothing, but told them who to talk to.and because the bosses do nothiong, the first person to fall was joe paterno?

joe paterno was the only one in that school, who did anything right...he saw nothing, but heard that stuff, and told the right people..they investgated it, and I guess paterno thought the school had found nothing..

but--paterno gets the axe first...they punished the only guy-that did what shoudl ahve been done, this was a failure of the school...and if paterno had gone to the police--they would have fired him for doing that...

so because sandusky was a piece of shit gay rapist--joe paterno was ascrewed out of his job, no matter what he did...

not saying anythign about victims/rape, or the awful things about this...that dude--will be killed in prison once he goes there..he has a target on his ass now...

but why paterno had to fall like he did, for THIS GUY????

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1340422148[/url]' post='2410903']

so because sandusky was a piece of shit gay rapist--joe paterno was ascrewed out of his job, no matter what he did...

He isn't gay, hes a pedophile. He isnt sexually attracted to men, he enjoys boys. It's a completely different thing. Don't insult the homosexuals with this piece of shit.

• Upvote 1

He isn't gay, hes a pedophile. He isnt sexually attracted to men, he enjoys boys. It's a completely different thing. Don't insult the homosexuals with this piece of shit.

uhhh..perhaps i am insensive, but he is a fag to me...if you screw guys who have a dick bewteen their legs, reguardless of age--then you are gay/fag/homo--whatever....as a male human--either you screw males or females...reguardless of age...this, is sexuality..

so forgive me for being a brute fag hater, but I will stick with calling him a gay child rapist, or much worse, but the gay word is staying...

I call it whatever I want to, and i will treat anyone with respect, until they push gayness into my face, or ask me what i think, or like this--tell me how i shoudl see it their way..

if you are one, then you are...but jerry sandusky is a gay child rapist...he prefers boys dude...guys with dicks...but unlike other gays--he prefers young boys...

so--how is he not gay?...I guess gay is suppossed to be a noble thing then to you?..not to me...nature doesn't allow a gay society to produce offspring, for a reason...

nature itself--by way of reproduction in history--would kill an island of gay people--because that is what the natural world is suppossed to do...it only rewards--natural behavior..and only natural behavior is rewarded by--offspring...so--nature will kill fags, unless something is done to offset it.it only takes--time....this is called, survival of the fittest, and by way of that simple example--shows how nature itsself views gayness as a weakness in the survival of the human species...and it is a rule, that has existed since time began...

or am I wrong on that?...guess I am just a brute? or worse?..at least i am honest with you--and give you a real reason, based on the natural world, not the made up one we all live in today, where this is a "good" thing.

Edited by Steelrain43
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 10

I don't think I've ever seen such ignorance in one post. Can't even argue with you. It's like you don't even know how to sting a coherent statement together. So, Tennessee: please continue your backwards, bigoted ways. Salute!

"brute" hahahaah

Not the point of this. Its good that justice was served, at least for now. Already saw that the verdict will be appealed.

I don't think steel is saying he is just a homosexual, he is saying he is a gay pedophile, which I agree with. He's sexually attracted to little boys. It would be one thing if steel just said he was a homosexual, but I think calling him a gay pedophile is an accurate statement. Gay pedophile and homosexual are 2 completely different things.

I don't want to argue symantics but gay is synonymous with homosexual. My assertion is Sandusky isn't a homosexual. I'm not defending the homosexual lifestyle, I just wanted to clear up gay vs pedos. Im a little tired and on pain meds (yay) so forgive me if this is confusing:

If you fuck a male dog, you're not participating in gay sex, it's beastiality. Same with pedophiles. It's not a mature sexuality, so it cannot be classified as gay or straight. The sexual orientation is 'pedophile'. The fact that he chooses boys is nothing more than a discrimitory selection. Think along the lines of blondes or brunettes.

Mr Brute Fag Hater didn't say Sandusky was a gay pedophile, he said he was a gay rapist. Then he went on some rant about hating fags and natural selection.

I disagree with your opinion dude, that simple...and for the record, I do know some gay people, worked with them.I always respect them, and treat them as people.and as long as they don't do what you just did, which was twist my words, and tell me I a wrong in how i say something, or how I should feel, or think or call something--then I have no problems with them...

and no, comparing dogs and humans are not the same, you are twisting this into something else, why?

because i am right, and you are wrong..you wish to defend gay people, by using me as an example...I have no problem with you feeling any way you wish--I do however, have a serious problem with you choosing me, as your example...

you proved nothing in all your words, to counter anythign i said--I called jerry sandusky a gay rapist..and he is..

you twisted that into something much bigger, in your quest to defend all gay things in this world..is that not 100% the truth?..

my original post is up there, unmodified...and it onl;y dealt with one man--jerry sandusky..and i feel I have the freedom granted to me by free speech, to express my opinion on jerry sandusky..

NOW--how you twist that and force me to defend points that I NEVER RAISED???

but--I do agree with everything I said..and is it ignorance, to say that an island of gay people male and female--if they trutly are gay--will all die?..

and then, placemeaning of the natural order of nature, to that example?...is that not factually correct?

I do not think, that anyone is here to defend sandusky...but you felt the need, to cal me out, say i am wrong, and make my original words into an agenda statement for anyone sensitive to faggotdom...

well, that is your problem bud, not mine..and if you feel that I have to be a caveman to amke yourself feel better, so be it...got no problem with that...it isn't gayness I hate, it is the fact--that people like yourselves, feel that everyone else is wrong, and you wish to debate and pick arguements out of anything that you can, to make a point...

isn't that trolling?....I stand by my words, online, and in person...and i am proud, and think--whether by laws of god/religion, or by nature---no one in here, can debate the fact--that nature itself doesn't reward homosexual nature, in fact--nature has chosen death by time/nonreproduction for any species that practices this 100%....

now, if that offens you--is it my words, that bother you--or the fact, that it is 100% truth, that you cannot counter without attacking me as a person for saying it?

think about that,since i am just tennessee as you call me, backwards, hater--and stupid by implication by those words, you shoudl be able to counter my "truth" with some pearls of wisdom easily shouldn't you??

I mean after all in your mind, you are right???so--prove it...

and then when it is all said and done---I never attacked anyone gay/homo--until provoked by you..mu original post was short, and focused on sandusky alone as afar as gay...and jusr saying what I said--doesn't implicate the whole goddamn gay world, only one man..mostly it is about paterno...

that si one fact--that seems to have eluded you completely, but you needed and got--what you wanted, a close enough statement to get your gay debate right?..

have it with somebody who gives a shit dude ..

Edited by Steelrain43
  • Downvote 1

and one more thing--the real purpose of my post--is more for now that this has all happened, we shoudl not forget joe paterno, who suffered when he actually reported this to the ad board of the college..

and my point was--if he had reported this to the police, like the board said he shoudl have done, even though he didn't witness anything--would they had fired him for going outside the college or not using the college chain of command, like he actually did do?

my post--was very short on sndusky-most of it was---on joe paterno, and how all this affected him, and his legacy--will he ever be mentioned without mentioning jerry sandusky? and is that fair?

• Downvote 1

still don't understand why he singled me out, and felt the need to correct me on my original post, felt he needed to also keep commenting..

thank you goodell, for explaining that simple thing, where I had no thoughts at all on condemning the whole world, except for sandusky, and to remind people of paterno...

but I do feel like I said, sorry if that offends anyone, but i do not apolegize for my first post, nor do i apolegize for standing up to anyone, who tries to tell me how to think or feel about a subject, as if they are superior to me...

for the second, after rereading that, I cna say i am sorry for offending anyone, except the guy who quoted me.for him, no apology of any kind.

if you try to tell people how they shoudld feel/think/live/see things your way---expect flak from somewhere...but how he got all that from me condeming sandusky, how he equated that to everyone gay on planet earth???

perhaps he took more meds than he should have.

Edited by Steelrain43
  • Downvote 1

Kind of like the guy in Miami who was eating that other guys' face off, I just can't even fathom how anyone would even want to do this kind of crap. Makes it really hard to have any sympathy.

faggotdom

When you call gay people fags it makes you sound like a 12 year old.

• Upvote 1

Jerry Sandusky should have been tried for the murder of Joe Pa... :(

A nice blurb from Yahoo! about the foreman of the jury delivering the verdict.

Juror No. 4, the foreman, gray-haired and middle-aged, stood high in the back row of the jurors' box, looked down at some sheets of paper, then at Jerry Sandusky and began to deliver a verdict a long, sad time coming.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Of involuntary deviate sexual intercourse. Of indecent assault. Of endangering the welfare of children.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Of terrorizing the poorest and most vulnerable of this area's youth. Of abusing his fame as a former Penn State defensive coordinator. Of conducting a charade of charitable work to supposedly help children.

Guilty. Guilty. Guilty.

Forty-five times it rang out. Juror No. 4 hammered each one home with the independent force each one deserved.

There were just three charges Sandusky escaped on. After each of those not guilty counts, it seemed that the foreman raised his voice as he returned to this parade of guilty verdicts.

He seemed to make sure each count deserved its own moment to linger, to emphasize the torture and pain and shattered innocence it produced. Oral sex. Anal sex. Fondling. One despicable act worse than the next.

Jerry Sandusky is shown after being booked early Saturday. (AP/Centre County Correctional Facility)

This here was a night of redemption, a predator laid bare with nowhere to hide, with no more lies to tell, with no one left to save him.

He'll likely spend his sentence in a white collar prison and be out again in his 80's unless he dies in there.

When you call gay people fags it makes you sound like a 12 year old.

tell ya what--message me directly--anyone who si offended with me, and let this thread remain on subject of sandusky...

I posted on the direct subject, another person took it into criteria of me and my words, so he took it off subject first, then i totally took it off subject...

but I do not back down any of my words..but I do ask--keep the thread on subject-and message any thoughts you have directly to my profile...

• Upvote 2

Dude is looking at a max of 442 years in prison. He isn't going to get out, ever. He will die in a cell just as he lived.... As a sad, pathetic, a disgusting human being.

He'll likely spend his sentence in a white collar prison and be out again in his 80's unless he dies in there.

He's looking at a minimum of 60 years in prison. :shrug:

No, once he gets inside, white collar prison or not, the inmates will kill him. And they will get access to him because the guards will "accidentally" let something happen.

People who think he will be put with the general public are insane. He will be placed under protective services and probably live a good life in prison.

I think they should just kill this bastard. Tax payers shouldn't have to pay to keep this child molesting sicko alive and well. He'll never live to see the outside world again anyways...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People who think he will be put with the general public are insane. He will be placed under protective services and probably live a good life in prison.

dalmer was killed in prison...i would say some lifer at some point if given a chance--will try to kill sandusky....

but yes, this poster is right--sandusky will live better than some poor people do...

Jerry Sandusky should have been tried for the murder of Joe Pa... :(

A nice blurb from Yahoo! about the foreman of the jury delivering the verdict.

I read that Yahoo! article today. Well written and it really hit me.

Fuck this guy and fuck the cowards who covered it up or turned the other cheek. I hope the university officials get what they deserve if nothing else but a huge lawsuit.

Of course he'll be placed with all the other sex offenders and pedophiles, but COs will make sure that he gets his at one point or another.