Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

[TGP Official] 2012 Yahoo FFL

girls-fantasy-football.jpg

IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN!

Okay, there's a couple things we have to discuss as a league. First, just to reserve a time/date for the draft I went with Sun Aug 26 9:15pm EDT. It's about a month and a half in advance but if an owner already knows he can't make it to the draft, let me know so we can decide which slot will get the most owners there live.

Next, you guys. Here is the list of last year's participants:

1. Maverick -

2. jackhammerslam -

3. seanbrock -

4. ODB -

5. Sarge -

6. BC -

7. Rivers2Gates -

8. Phailadelphia -

9. Mathias -

10. BLUE -

Now, this year's league:

1. Maverick - Officially Returned

2. Spot Available

3. seanbrock - Officially Joined

4. Zack - Officially Joined

5. Sarge - Officially Returned

6. BC - Officially Returned

7. housemd - Officially Returned

8. Phailadelphia - Officially Returned

9. Mathias - Officially Returned

10. PD2010 - Verbal

11. BLUE - Officially Returned

12. G-Men (Reigning Champ) - Officially Returned

PLEASE READ

There's really not many rules you can break in fantasy football. However, failure to update your team is the one thing that really irks me i.e. - starting a player on BYE. If you don't want to play the waiver wire and pick up FAs as much as others, that's fine. DO NOT start a player though that is on a bye week or has been on IR the past three weeks. This not only effects the outcome of your game, but in consequently effects the whole league.

First Offense is a warning, Second Offense - Removed from the league. As I have done since the league has been established, if this type of thing occurs I will remove the player out of the starting team and substitute the bench player projected to get the most points. This solution assures that the league always remains competitive.

IIRC (and please, returning owners help me out with some of this stuff), everybody was pretty good with updating their team. However, not everybody is still an active member of these forums. BRICK, R8RNation, and ODB are all inactive members. Therefore, we have three open spots which I'll extend invitations out to Zack, housemd, and PD2010.

Between new invites, minor issues, etc, keep an eye out for a PM containing important details I have to discuss with you personally.

jackhammerslam is also an inactive member on the boards, but he's an active owner in the league and is always competitive. I'll leave his fate up to majority rule. Do we keep him aboard for the aforementioned positives, or kick him because he only shows his face around here once or twice a year?

There's a few more things to discuss which I'll post tomorrow...

Edited by Maverick

I thought we had ten teams last year, but 12 is the way it should be so teams aren't stacked. I admittingly missed a roster set one week but literally couldn't set it that Saturday night, which never happens and won't again. I need to redeem last years' injury riddled season. Pretty sure I was a Peyton Manning victim.

I thought we had ten teams last year, but 12 is the way it should be so teams aren't stacked. I admittingly missed a roster set one week but literally couldn't set it that Saturday night, which never happens and won't again. I need to redeem last years' injury riddled season. Pretty sure I was a Peyton Manning victim.

I think it was the year before that we only had ten teams, but yes this past season we did infact have twelve.

You've always kept up with your team, BC. Any thoughts on the JHS matter?

Damn,that's a good avatar,BC..

• Upvote 1

I think it was the year before that we only had ten teams, but yes this past season we did infact have twelve.

You've always kept up with your team, BC. Any thoughts on the JHS matter?

Have you sent the invitations?

So, uh, was I in a different league last year or was I kicked out for this season?

So, uh, was I in a different league last year or was I kicked out for this season?

As long as you're not in JD's ESPN league you're welcome to join this season.

I don't remember kicking you out in the past seasons...should I? ;)

Have you sent the invitations?

Yes, I've begun sending invites out. You should have received one containing registration info.

I updated the OP with the current owners. If the Questionables/Probables all sign up, the league is full. That might not happen so feel free to post if you'd like to participate in the league and you'll be put on the Waiting List respectively..

BC, you were right. We did only have ten teams last year. I miscounted. :facepalm:

Edited by Maverick

2. [/size]jackhammerslam - Officially Returned, Should he stay?

Nope.

JHS being in our league doesn't really make sense, but I'd just wait and see if we have an overflowing amount of people who want to jump in, and then kick him and let a regular join. :shrug:

The champion will be returning to defend his crown :yep:

Yea... kinda awkward for JHS to play in our league every year even though he doesn't come here anymore. I'd let someone else take his spot, IMO.

Yea... kinda awkward for JHS to play in our league every year even though he doesn't come here anymore. I'd let someone else take his spot, IMO.

I agree with Sarge.

I think it would be unfair for others who wanted to join..I think we should let someone take his spot..Ngata Chance wanted in,so we have an instant replacement for JHS..

Majority rules: JHS is out.

Who is BBKings and HelloBrooklyn?

I'm BBKings..

Majority rules: JHS is out.

Who is BBKings and HelloBrooklyn?

I be Brooklyn

My status should be changed from Verbal to Officialy joined :yep:

So I never received any info to join this league.

I was going to remind commish Mav that you wanted in but figured we would wait and see if you wanted in badly enough that you would post again. Since you seem pretty serious about it, I think you should be first in line to take JHS' spot if Mav had nobody else lined up

Pretty stoked about having a solid 12 teamer of hungry managers rather than barely being able to scrap 10 teams together last year :rock:

It's official - JHS will be kicked from the league.

PD2010 will replace him. For the record, BC was right on why I didn't send you info just yet. I'll send a PM containing the registration details after I finish this post.

girls-fantasy-football.jpg

IT'S THAT TIME OF THE YEAR AGAIN!

Okay, there's a couple things we have to discuss as a league. First, just to reserve a time/date for the draft I went with Sun Aug 26 9:15pm EDT. It's about a month and a half in advance but if an owner already knows he can't make it to the draft, let me know so we can decide which slot will get the most owners there live.

Next, you guys. Here is the list of last year's participants:

1. Maverick -

2. jackhammerslam -

3. seanbrock -

4. ODB -

5. Sarge -

6. BC -

7. Rivers2Gates -

8. Phailadelphia -

9. Mathias -

10. BLUE -

Now, this year's league:

1. Maverick - Officially Returned

2. Spot Available

3. seanbrock - Officially Joined

4. Zack - Officially Joined

5. Sarge - Officially Returned

6. BC - Officially Returned

7. housemd - Officially Returned

8. Phailadelphia - Officially Returned

9. Mathias - Officially Returned

10. PD2010 - Verbal

11. BLUE - Officially Returned

12. G-Men (Reigning Champ) - Officially Returned

PLEASE READ

There's really not many rules you can break in fantasy football. However, failure to update your team is the one thing that really irks me i.e. - starting a player on BYE. If you don't want to play the waiver wire and pick up FAs as much as others, that's fine. DO NOT start a player though that is on a bye week or has been on IR the past three weeks. This not only effects the outcome of your game, but in consequently effects the whole league.

First Offense is a warning, Second Offense - Removed from the league. As I have done since the league has been established, if this type of thing occurs I will remove the player out of the starting team and substitute the bench player projected to get the most points. This solution assures that the league always remains competitive.

IIRC (and please, returning owners help me out with some of this stuff), everybody was pretty good with updating their team. However, not everybody is still an active member of these forums. BRICK, R8RNation, and ODB are all inactive members. Therefore, we have three open spots which I'll extend invitations out to Zack, housemd, and PD2010.

Between new invites, minor issues, etc, keep an eye out for a PM containing important details I have to discuss with you personally.

jackhammerslam is also an inactive member on the boards, but he's an active owner in the league and is always competitive. I'll leave his fate up to majority rule. Do we keep him aboard for the aforementioned positives, or kick him because he only shows his face around here once or twice a year?

There's a few more things to discuss which I'll post tomorrow...

inactive member am i since when??? coz of my working sdituation i'm not on as much i do have an email address and you know it. if not here it is again melb_storm2000@hotmail.com disappointed jonathon

inactive member am i since when??? coz of my working sdituation i'm not on as much i do have an email address and you know it. if not here it is again melb_storm2000@hotmail.com disappointed jonathon

Relax, Graeme. ;)

I got word a couple days ago that you still frequent the boards hence the reason you received an invite back.

Glad to see you registered. Take the substitutions for exiting owners and new owners with a grain of salt in the original post - a lot changed since then.