Sign in to follow this  
Maverick

[TGP Official] 2012 Yahoo FFL

Playoffs are set! Congratulations to everybody who are in! I'm considering decreasing the number next year to 6, but we'll worry about that in the offseason.

And what do you know....BLUE and I will meet in consecutive weeks.

Only this time when I win it will actually mean something. :p

:clap: to all those who made the playoffs. It was a pleasure playing with you guys.

Guest Phailadelphia

Not gonna be a happy dude if my injuries lead me to an early playoff exit. :/

Not gonna be a happy dude if my injuries lead me to an early playoff exit. :/

That won't be why you exit the playoffs early. You've had the fewest amount of points scored against you this season.

The next closest is almost 100 points away.

Cupcake schedule. :p (Yes, I realize you've also scored the second most points this season.)

<----------------------- this guy scored the most :party:

Edited by Maverick

You guys both had Yahoo pick for you. Takes a real man to show up for the draft and do it himself. :yep:

G-Men has scored .2 more points than me so far and he also had an auto team. So of the real men, I am the best. Eat my ass, fags.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

If anything that just shows awesome my team management skills are. :yep:

Time to compare my preseason predictions to how the season actually went...

Knowshon Moreno just made things that much more difficult for you, BLUE.

28 points! O_O

Guest Phailadelphia

Zack, between today and Monday night we are not friends. Meaning you and your team can suck camel dicks.

Zack, between today and Monday night we are not friends. Meaning you and your team can suck camel dicks.

It's going to be worse come Tuesday when I've supplanted you as the favorite to win the Leauge (whichever of the two of us will thrash BC or Mav).

It's going to be worse come Tuesday when I've supplanted you as the favorite to win the Leauge (whichever of the two of us will thrash BC or Mav).

What-Meme-150x150.png

BC got 27 points from Cincinnati's fucking defense! Not sure I'll be able to overcome that deficit going into the weekend.

Sup brah

174 is that a new high?

You've gotta be shitting me.

I score 155 points - enough to kick Taylor and Zack's sorry asses out of the playoffs - but I'm matched with fucking BC who scores 173.

Shame, our matchup should have been the championship game.

174 is that a new high?

Phail and I have each scored over 190 this season.

You've gotta be shitting me.

I score 155 points - enough to kick Taylor and Zack's sorry asses out of the playoffs - but I'm matched with fucking BC who scores 173.

Shame, our matchup should have been the championship game.

Wah. I'll say again, had you actually drafted you likely wouldn't be in such a position. And you can talk about your supposed "waiver moves", but the only one of note was Moreno who you used for one week.

Phail and I have each scored over 190 this season.

Wah. I'll say again, had you actually drafted you likely wouldn't be in such a position. And you can talk about your supposed "waiver moves", but the only one of note was Moreno who you used for one week.

In the playoffs with a possible (more than likely) 3rd place finish? lol such a horrible position to be in.

I know you like to get that jab in whenever you can (what's that, the fourth time you've brought it up?), but you make it sound like I'm in 10th place lol.

Zack vs BC in the championship!!!

Phail and myself for 3rd place!

Any predictions on the title game?

You are obviously a little lost here... I'm saying if you had put what little knowledge you had into drafting for yourself, you likely wouldn't have been the 3rd seed, lol

I predict that nobody on my team shows up and I lose handily because I have the worst Fantasy luck ever.

Congratulations BC on winning the TGP Yahoo Fantasy Football Championship! You were a force to be reckoned with all season finishing 1st place in the regular season. I don't think anyone would have a problem with me saying you were deserving of this trophy. I'll ask one of our graphic experts/admins to place the tag under your name for winning the TGP Yahoo league.

2nd place goes to Zack, 3rd place goes to Phailadelphia. Thanks to all who played this year. It was a fun league and I hope you all return next season.

Oh, here's my pre-season predictions (it's always fun to see how they look once the season is actually over):

The Bitch Fuckers: A lot of big names on this team with a few questions to be asked. Will the Saints' mess effect Brees? Will Turner buck the trend of RBs hitting the wall at 30? How will AD be able to recover from the injury? V-Jax just got paid so there's always that scare in FF. If all these questions are answered positively come November, I expect to see you in the top spot or near it. Good depth on the bench, too. Overall Grade: B+

Team Bacardi: I like the strategy of taking an extra position player until kickoff. Stud QB, receivers that make a lot of catches that both have HOFers throwing to them, and RBs are nice. I'll ask the same question I did for Sproles that I did Brees and Murray's coming off an injury. Some nice names on your bench as well - Smith, Wilson, Hillman. I have a feeling even if one of your starters go down with an injury, you'll be just fine. Overall Grade: A

BBKings: Eli had a huge year this past season but I don't see him putting up those types of numbers again. Forte and Johnson are a sweet duo, as are Wallace and Colston. Davis isn't the best option at TE but he certainly isn't the worst. Bench has potential and who knows - maybe you're starting RG3 come November. Flex position could hurt you as I don't see any unquestionable starter to fill it. Overall Grade: B+

The Shirtless Mavs: You're already docked a letter grade due to your name lol. Brady's good for at least 4000/30. Both Cruz and White are upper-echelon guys. Your RBs don't convince me. Gore is barely RB1 quality for me, same goes for Greene at RB2. I like your receiver depth a lot but RB is definitely your weak point. Your playoff chances lie with how well the "slave" performs once he comes back...Overall Grade: B

Hello Brooklyn: Peyton's a gamble and Bradford as your handcuff isn't ideal. AJ needs to dust off that "glass body" reputation he's slowly building but he still performs. I love the Marshall pick (I'm high on Chicago's offense this year). Foster is a stud. Beanie is more of a flex guy for me this year but we'll see. Elite TE in Gates makes up for it, though. Bench is a little dry. As it is often with fantasy, health is going to be key for this team's success. Overall Grade: B-

Sean Brock: Jay Cutler is an enigma. Will he go off this year? Will he snap in two? Wayne and Nelson are a nice 1-2 combo, especially hearing that Wayne's become Luck's favorite target. You better hope your WRs go off because your quality at RB is mediocre. Martin is a big if but if he turns out good, come Week 5 you could have MJD, Mathews, and Martin...your team would be firing on all cylinders. I like the Titus Young pick. Overall Grade: B+

I'D HIT THAT: Rivers is a solid QB. You've got two young guns who are coming off big years and look to build on that in AJ/Jones/Dez (if the latter can stay on the field). If this was a keeper league I'd kiss you. Your backs are alright. You've got a lot of depth and options in Bush and Ingram, but I wouldn't be too happy coming out of the draft with Fred and DeAngelo as my starters. Carolina is a RB playground. Jackson should have a good year, but I'm only expecting it to be around RB2 production. DC has made it clear Davis is their man and he will be involved in that offense heavily. You're getting docked for picking Freddy with the first overall pick, though. Overall Grade: B+

PD's Championship: Stafford is a fantasy beast. Receiving core is respectable in Smith, Brown, and Garcon but one has to wonder how much Smith has left in the tank. I especially like the Brown pick. McGahee is on the border for me whether he's RB2 worthy, but if McFadden doesn't get injured he'll be a champ. Finley should dominate at TE, but we've been saying that for a few years now and we're still waiting for it to happen consistently. A lot has to go right for this team to be a contender. Overall Grade: C

BLUE: Romo is a lock for 4000/30. Fitzgerald and Bowe are both good options at receiver, not the best though. Fitz has dropouts throwing to him and Cassel has a few more options in this offense now. A little concerned you have both a receiver and back from the same team, though I do admit I really like the Charles pick. I'm big on him this year and expect him to be in the Top 5 at the end of the season. RB in general are very nice. S-Jax is getting old but he's still golden especially in a PPR, Bradshaw is RB2 for me so the fact you can put him as your flex is great. Pettigrew is OK cause they do have Scheffler too. Deep bench completes this playoff contender. Overall Grade: A

Sarge's Smackdown: There's always the scare of a sophomore slump, even with a young stud such as Cam. Jennings and Thomas is a nice one-two punch at receiver. You managed to get arguably the best PPR RB as well. Touche. Stewart is an OK RB2 and Bush is a decent option coming off the bench. A NE TE in that offense is always good. You're bench covers the spread nicely and Stevie Johnson at your flex position is nice considering I have him tilting on the WR2/WR3 fence. I'd be shocked not to see this team in the playoffs. Overall Grade: A-

Phailadelphia: Autodraft is for pussies? Maybe not. Atlanta is #1 in weakest schedule for teams vs QB. This should mean huge rewards from Matty Ice. Maclin may be Philly's best WR, but Austin can't stay out of the ER. McCoy is money pure gold, Lynch is probably going to be a good RB1 so having him in RB2 is even better. The Gronk just had the best season at TE in NFL history. Hillis is a suitable flex option as he'll eat some TDs. Rodgers, Gerhart, and Little are all names I like on the bench. Save the best for last? Team to beat right here. Overall Grade: A

BC and Phail both got As and respectively finished 1st and 3rd. Bitch Fuckers got a B+ and he finished 2nd. BBKings also got a B+ but he finished last so I was a little off on that one lol.

Good game zack and thanks for runnin he league there Mav. In my all important league I got fourth so nice to win this one

Let's start signing this shit up again. No more drafting Fred Jackson #1 overall though please.