Zack_of_Steel

TGP IDP 2019

All I ever hear is a bunch of excuses, sir.

I am in. And you are going down.

k

Alright, I removed a few of the old teams and sent renew emails out to the following:

Vin

Bay

JD

Bjorn

Razor

ATL

Thanatos

Durst

If any of you aren't playing this year, please let me know so I can remove your team.

Should have room for three people to join via https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/543778/invitation?key=bbc25e0678589248&ikey=93d689cf2971db14

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

It says the league doesn't exist or I'm not in it. :(

Edited by AL_Royalty

It says the league doesn't exist or I'm not in it. :(

Hmm, well your team is saved and I sent out a renew email to an att.net email address. It'll let me send it to a different one if you like.

Glad to have you back!

I'm really sorry guys, I let you down. :(

I've been so busy with family and managing the store that I haven't had time for fantasy at all. Sucks to take a year off, but if 10+ people wanted to draft tomorrow or Sunday I am off. The first year we did this we started Week 2 also.

Bump. Let's do this again, fucker

Alright, I'm in if we can scrounge up a group. If I have to add in friends from IRL I can do that, I'm sure I have at least a few that would join us.

Invite link:

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/275730/invitation?key=cc8fdf008454c645&soc_trk=lnk&ikey=38b8f889f23b0640

We talked a little about editing the scoring so that DBs get a little more love, so I decided to do a bit of an overhaul on the scoring. Nothing is set in stone, so if we have opinions, let me know.

New (preliminary) settings vs Old settings:

c7CfEvR.png TGPIDP.png

-QBs were still getting too many points, imo, so I cut them down a bit. They had standard TD scoring so I cut it in half like the rest of the offense.

-RBs and WRs gained .1/reception just to add a bit of variety rather than hoping for TDs. Could maybe bump that up to .25, but not sure.

-In order to try and even things up on defense and reward the best players rather than just the tackle machines, I have increased PDs, added TFL (they were not available previously), and bumped up the scoring for all splash plays. I don't want to make it too volatile and reliant on luck, but I think this rewards players like Von Miller and good DBs that aren't going to make a lot of tackles because they don't allow a lot of catches.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

In.

In, twice, on accident. 

You prolly have to remove one of them as I can’t find anyway to do it myself. 

8 hours ago, PhilElliot said:

you only draft defensive players?

3 Offense 11 Defense. Offensive players are shit-tier like Kickers and Defense in regular leagues. It's a lot of fun.

13 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

3 Offense 11 Defense. Offensive players are shit-tier like Kickers and Defense in regular leagues. It's a lot of fun.

Well kickers do score points. So, you can get 3 kickers..because  punters  wouldn't help. You can start  a 3 kickers? And then the rest  are cornerbacks, DEs,  etc.

Minkah gonna be the next great Steelers DB.

4 hours ago, RazorStar said:

Minkah gonna be the next great Steelers DB.

I didn't get to watch the game, but that'd be cool.

15 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

After all the shit Thanny talked he's 0-3 while I have exploded to sole possession of 1st place. :smug:

I am simply lulling you all into a false sense of security. (Also I have the most points scored against me.)

I can't figure out who to start, my bench always has a lot of points.

LMAO: 

"Bask in Defeat

Okay, no way to sugar coat it. That was a bad loss. We feel so bad for you we want to give you a 15% off with our partners at Fantasy Life. You can use it to buy some gear from the Fantasy Life Shop and guarantee yourself a win next week. Are we lying? Maybe. But can you really afford to take that chance? Redeem now with code: Yahoo15FL and start your return to glory."

Yahoo trolling.

Edited by Thanatos
  • Haha 1

I dunno if you'll make the playoffs at this rate. Just gotta have a deep team so your bench mistakes don't matter. :smug:

Also, I waited until my very last 3 picks to take QB/RB/WR and I have the 3rd highest QB (Russ, behind by a couple points, the top RB (Cook), and Michael Thomas (27th, but he's only caught 1 TD so far).

22 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

I dunno if you'll make the playoffs at this rate. Just gotta have a deep team so your bench mistakes don't matter. :smug:

Also, I waited until my very last 3 picks to take QB/RB/WR and I have the 3rd highest QB (Russ, behind by a couple points, the top RB (Cook), and Michael Thomas (27th, but he's only caught 1 TD so far).

I see every year someone taking offense early or in the 5th/6th rounds. It aint worth it. Wait till the end.

• Upvote 1