Zack_of_Steel

TGP IDP 2019

On 11/24/2019 at 1:59 PM, Thanatos said:

If I may make a suggestion for next year: Put in a flex spot or two. If you look at adding a defensive player, of the top 15 players you could add by points total, (not including Myles since he's suspended), 11 of them are DBs. Yet we only have 3 DB spots.

I feel like it would be better to have it be 3 DB/3 DL/3 LB/2 Flex or maybe 3/3/4/1 Flex.

Obviously much of the time you're gonna want a LB in that flex spot, because consistent tackles gives you a high floor on an added player, but it does give some versatility in lineups.

Just a thought.

That could be a consideration, yeah. This year DB scoring went way up with the change of PDs from 1 to 3 and INTs 4 to 5.

After starting 8-0 I could legitimately miss the playoffs now. Lmfao.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Two weeks in a row with the 2nd highest score. 0-2 in those two weeks. It's just funny at this point. Probably going to have the most points in the league and not going to make the playoffs. Ah well. 

On 12/1/2019 at 8:30 PM, Thanatos said:

Two weeks in a row with the 2nd highest score. 0-2 in those two weeks. It's just funny at this point. Probably going to have the most points in the league and not going to make the playoffs. Ah well. 

Dude you got all of the good waiver pickups cuz you were always lowest active person on the wire.

Not really. This league doesn't reset every week. So once I made a claim and got someone I went to the back of the line.

The top two point getters are not going to make the postseason. Sad high five there, Vin.

Sean seems to do this every year, just keeps on playing people that are out. Jamal Adams has been out for two weeks and Jordan Howard for six weeks and yet he's still playing them.

Just trimmed my roster of all the fat and picked up 4 linebackers... lol. Gonna start some uncanny guys for the finale. Really low projections, but really good performances the last 2-3 weeks. This will either backfire terribly or propel me to victory. Best of luck Zack.

• Upvote 1

On 12/15/2019 at 1:09 PM, Thanatos said:

Sean seems to do this every year, just keeps on playing people that are out. Jamal Adams has been out for two weeks and Jordan Howard for six weeks and yet he's still playing them.

I texted him to set his lineup or he'd have started a couple guys on IR. But I mean I was the top scorer this week regardless...

6 hours ago, DalaiLama4Ever said:

Just trimmed my roster of all the fat and picked up 4 linebackers... lol. Gonna start some uncanny guys for the finale. Really low projections, but really good performances the last 2-3 weeks. This will either backfire terribly or propel me to victory. Best of luck Zack.

Yeah, I got drunk and had the waiver screen up when I passed out or I'd have snaked a couple of them from you. Oh well, lol. Good luck, man, and thanks for playing this year.

2 hours ago, Zack_of_Steel said:

I texted him to set his lineup or he'd have started a couple guys on IR. But I mean I was the top scorer this week regardless...

Yeah, I got drunk and had the waiver screen up when I passed out or I'd have snaked a couple of them from you. Oh well, lol. Good luck, man, and thanks for playing this year.

Oh it wouldn't have mattered, I'm just pointing out he seems to do this every year.

Soy el campeon. Get fucked, Thanny.

Great season, everyone, and thanks for playing and staying active. This was one of our best seasons for activity and competition. There was a point where I was literally in jeopardy of missing the playoffs, it was that competitive.

My team started off hot, ripping off 8 wins, then losing 4 straight after a myriad of injuries and byes. Derwin James proved to be a difference maker in the end, though I totally drafted him in the 1st without realizing he was hurt. I was the top scorer in each of the two weeks of the playoffs and nearly set the only 160-burger of the year in the final game, though stat corrections gave me blue balls. I finished with the two single highest weeks and, despite my rough patch, felt like the team to beat the entire year. If history repeats itself, Thanny will take me down in the finals next season. But with the parity of the league and how things looked this year, I think anyone has a shot.

Shoutout to Cuda for making the playoffs and finishing 3rd after a 1-4 start. Shoutout to JD for starting 3-5 and then ripping off 7 straight to make the Championship game. Shoutout to Thanny and Vin for scoring a few more points than me in the regular season, but missing the playoffs (including playoffs I was the top scorer, so eat my ass, Thanny!).

If anyone has any suggestions or wants to talk about the scoring changes we made this year, let me know. I felt like our changes really rewarded good players and made it harder to correctly pick whom to start vs just taking guys that rack up tackles.

Anyway, here's to a great offseason and an even better season next year. I need to get my shit kicked in next year, I believe in you all. Because I ain't tryna Patriots it up in my own league.

:trophy: :trophy::trophy:

Pass defensed needs to go down to 2, IMO.

I feel like a ton of DBs that aren't actually all that great had a ton of points, first.

Second, if an INT is only 5, a PD being 3 doesn't really make sense to me.

Alternatively, we change up the lineups to allow more flexibility. 3/3/3 with 2 flex is my favorite, I think.