Sarge

Aurora shooting

That the same girl that was in Toronto during a mall shooting and because of a "gut feeling" she got out of there right before it happened?

That the same girl that was in Toronto during a mall shooting and because of a "gut feeling" she got out of there right before it happened?

Indeed it was.

Whenever something tragic occurs in this world, you can be sure there will be memorials, memories, mourning, and also the Westboro Baptist Church. It was only a matter of time until almost anti-everything group threw their hat into the melee that was the Aurora, Colorado massacre which took place at a midnight showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" on Friday, July 20, 2012.

The group took to Twitter and let it be known that they are planning a trip to Colorado in order to protest and have a picket line at a memorial service for the victims. Somehow or another, they managed to turn the victims of this tragedy into the bad ones.

See Also: Full list of the ages and names of the 12 victims killed in the Aurora, Colorado shooting.

Fred Phelps Jr. started the whole mess with this:

@WBCFredJr - Only 500 miles to WBC Aurora picket. #GodCursesUForFagMarriage #WorseAndMoreOnTheWay #WBCToldU #GodisAmericasTerrorist #ObeyToday Too fun!

WBC gassing up vehicles for Colorado super-picket. #WorseOnTheWay #FearGodFools #GodCursesUForIdolatry #FaceOfGodsWrath #fagsrunmilitary

WBC heading to Colorado for Sunday memorial service. #GodAvengesHisPpl #GodCursesUForFagMarriage #GodIsNotMocked #GodIsYourEnemy yummy!

With 12 left dead and 71 total victims shot, this is no time to start pointing fingers at those that have lost their lives. Gunman James Holmes is scheduled to be in court on the morning of Monday, July 23, 2012 and it's a wonder if Westboro Baptist will even bother sticking around for it.

Always appears as if they attack whomever is the exact opposite of that which seems to be at fault. It didn't end there though. After the afternoon press conference gave updates and had messages from high-ranking political figures, Phelps tweeted this toward Governor John Hickenlooper.

Get a clue @govhickenlooper! God is at work in Colorado!

Beware of dogs! #Auroradeadincludeslotsoffags!

Trust in the fact that it only got worse throughout the day and even included a hashtag from Phelps at one point that read "#ThankGodForTheShooter."

Things are not going to be pretty in Colorado over the course of the next few days as Westboro Baptist arrives, a memorial service for the victims happens on Monday, and then James Holmes heads to court on Monday. While the tragedy has already happened, it seems like it may only get worse from here.

http://www.examiner.com/article/westboro-baptist-church-will-super-picket-colorado-massacre-memorial-service

Kill yourselves, Westboro Baptist. Right fucking now!

• Upvote 2

I don't want them to kill themselves. The cops just discovered tons of bombs in dudes apartment. Put them to use on these people.

• Upvote 2

If they are going to protest at victim's funerals, I wouldn't mind seeing those people die. What a disgusting act.

When one of them dies we all need to protest the funeral. With the same signs they use :troll:

The westboro baptist church is actually in fort Lewis Washington and they are protesting the death of a soldier I knew from 5-20 infantry from what I understand. I hope these motherfuckers are killed slowly, painfully, and publicly.

I'd like to post this in light of the recent tragedy. Kellen Dobmeier, well he's a jackass, but I think he makes a few great points.

KD Can I just say something? I haven't seen one status or article posted in favor of gun control, so it would be really cool if everybody stopped worrying about posting things in support of guns instead of thinking about the people in Aurora, Colorado who were killed by, oh I don't know, guns.

Girl1 I don't know what others are posting that is disturbing you, but for my part, I have considered how a concealed carry might have changed the outcome. But as always, I pray for those affected first and foremost. :)

4 hours ago via mobile · Like

KD The likelihood that a concealed weapon could have changed the outcome in a crowded and dark theater is probably a lot less than the likelihood that it may have ended up killing or wounding somebody else.

4 hours ago · Like

KD But aside from that, people are using that situation to support the availability of guns. That's blatantly disrespectful and selfish.

4 hours ago · Like · 1

Guy1 Unless someone who was carrying a concealed weapon was right next to him and double tapped him in the back of the head.

Girl1 But to rule that possibility out completely is pessimistic, not to mention counter productive. If you side with those that want to control guns, then please by all means use your status to stress that viewpoint. Myself and others that choose to protect ourselves and those around us with a gun will continue to wish the tragedy could have been minimized or averted. I personally don't feel the need to wave that viewpoint on Facebook, but I support those who do.

KD I rule out the possibility because the incident already happened. Thank you for not posting it on facebook, and I would expect nothing less of you because you are not as selfish as those who have posted it. At the same time, though, this isn't about guns. It's about people. Real people who aren't living anymore because of some paranoid sociopath.

On the topic of guns, I know far too many people who are stupid enough with things that shouldn't be able to kill. What happens when they get to conceal a weapon...in public? We need to factor in the dumbass ratio, here.

4 hours ago · Like

Girl1 We can agree to disagree because I know us and know that this conversation would likely never end. ;) But before I leave this alone, I want to point out that you made an observation that is 100% correct. This isn't about guns. It's about the sociopath/murderer who was holding the gun. The idiocy and malice of some will always be present, removing guns from the population will not stop these individuals from attaining them. Therefore, the logical answer is to allow the general public, those who pass the background check/fingerprint/class/and field test, the opportunity to protect themselves and the rest of the public from these ever present sociopaths.

Guy2 if guns kill people then pencils misspell words

3 hours ago · Like · 3

Guy3 I'm selfish because I support gun control even though I don't own a hand gun or have a conceal and carry permit?

35 minutes ago · Like

Girl2 So us who use guns appropriately have to suffer the consequences of a mentally unstable person when the mom knew he was unstable? People kill people not guns. He could have used a bomb knife etc

31 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Guy3 The day guns become criminal is the day only criminals will have guns.

28 minutes ago · Like · 1

KD People commit the act, the weapon does the damage.

27 minutes ago · Like

Guy3 Yes, people. I could commit a similar act with a car, or plane. So those should be ban too?

25 minutes ago · Like · 1

Girl2 But the weapon is an inanimate object. If they ban guns they need to ban knives rocks powder etc

24 minutes ago via mobile · Like

KD yeah, because we associate cars and planes to "deadly weapon," right? You could list a bunch of irrelevant inanimate objects if you want, but the point of this whole thing was to illuminate how people have begun to concentrate on whether or not they get to keep their guns instead of the people who are victims in this tragedy. I haven't heard anything about "more gun control" since the incident. Not a thing, and yet some people are screaming, "You can't take my guns!"

Well, gee, I guess some really do care more about something as silly as whether or not you can own an object made to kill other living things. Wonderful. I'm not even saying anything about being in favor of gun control. I'm just trying to point people's attention back in the right direction.

18 minutes ago · Like

Girl3 What is really sad is that he was able to have all that ammo & stuff sent to him without anyone batting an eye. Those companies should have contacted authorities as soon as this idiot ordered them to have him checked out. This day and age companies should really have something in place for the huge orders he was making. The whole nightmare might have been able to be stopped. :O(

13 minutes ago · Like

Guy3 I don't see it as people worried about losing gun control, I see it as this tragedy could have gone a completely different way if more people concealed and carried. This country has suffered many tragedies over the years and we still haven't lost gun rights.

13 minutes ago · Like · 1

Girl2 WE kill. No object. Then we all need are hands chopped off cuz a person can strangle another person and its not pleasant I know from experience. It doesn't matter WHAT control the gov forces over us people will still kill people. My heart goes out to those innocent people but my guns had nothing to do with what happened there. He would have killed them gun or no gun.

9 minutes ago via mobile · Like

Girl2 Sadly I fear there will be more tragedies.

3 minutes ago via mobile · Like

I mean, I can't believe the ability to have their guns matters more to people than the dead in Colorado do. Hell, some guy can't even post a status pointing it out without people going batshit crazy about it. Christ.

Edited by BwareDWare94

If there are nutjobs in this country who feel the need to kill people, they should take that all out on the fuckers from WBC.

I swear to fucking god if his little act gets him off with life in prison...

Trying to get an insanity defense is what it looks like to me.

Give him the death penalty. I hate when the defense goes for the insanity defense. Some of these motherfuckers are not mentally ill and put on an act so people think they are.

Life in prison, 3 meals a day, wake up call and you get to go outside? Fuck that.

They found evidence that this was in the works for three months. Insanity plea ain't happenin'.

Now, I want him executed via gallows (we really need to do things like this to people who do shit like he did), but to say he's acting is probably a bit ridiculous.

I don't pity the insane when they're so dangerous that they single-handedly execute a massacre.

Before I make my next point, I just want to reiterate that I want him killed and, if it was possible, extremely painfully.

I do think there has to be some sort of insanity or mental instability here. I really do. Sane people don't do things like this, but he should still be put on death row.

Sane or not sane, what he did was unforgivable. Death penalty is the only option.

Ya there's no way he'll get insanity plea... to get insanity plea they have to go through panels of psychologist that look for any sign he isn't insane. Also to get the insanity plea it has to be a case where they didn't understand what they were doing pretty much. So the fact that so much planning went into this kills his insanity plea. We talked about it a lot in my abnormal psych class.

This guy is just like Ted Bundy and other serial killers, and they don't get off with insanity plea.. they are insane, but in a different way.

I wouldn't be surprised he gets off with life in prison or insanity plea.

You all make valid points, but that doesn't mean it won't happen.

The loopy, seemingly unconcerned actions by the former Ph.D student accused of killing 12 people and wounding 58 is seen by some as signs of psychosis -- or that he's faking it.

Sources tell ABC News that Holmes was not on drugs or medication at the time of the hearing, but Holmes has demonstrated a pattern of bizarre behavior since his arrest outside an Aurora, Colo., movie theater last Friday.

But Randazzo also said there was a third possibility. He might simply be faking it.

"It's possible," she said when asked if Holmes' behavior could be all an act. "It is possible. We'll leave that open," she said, adding that most people who lie about that sort of behavior are sociopaths and "What we've heard about his history does not suggest sociopath at all."

"Let's keep that in mind that he was studying neuroscience. He was studying exactly the type of brain issues that we're going to be talking about throughout this whole case," she said.

http://gma.yahoo.com/james-holmes-goofy-behavior-sign-psychosis-faking-expert-142209134--abc-news-topstories.html

Always great to see celebrities stepping up in times like these, as Peyton Manning and Bale have done.

This is a tremendous tragedy and my heart goes out to all the families that lost loved ones and to those that have been injured by this deranged man. Hopefully they receive some justice.

http://www.facebook....9&type=1&ref=nf

Christian Bale visiting the victims this week. That's good to see.

Always great to see celebrities stepping up in times like these, as Peyton Manning and Bale have done.

I said the same thing to my friend and he said he could give two shits. When they start donating their money towards it then he'll be impressed. Until then, he doesn't think much of it and he's sure the victims don't care either.

He's a negative person, though. :yep: