Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

So who watches How I Met Your Mother?

Everything from the name of the show to the actors involved turned me away from this TV series at the start. Who doesn't find Neil Patrick Harris annoying? Who hasn't been disappointed in Jason Segel's performances since Freaks and Geeks? Not once did I consider watching this show prior to a chance viewing at a late hour while trying to fall asleep, and I immediately knew I had to start from season 1.

Four seasons in and the fifth on its way in the mail, I can't get enough of this show. These characters are so real. Exagerrations, but exagerrations in moments instead of constantly, and that's what sets it apart. I also think Neil Patrick Harris' Barney Stinson has become my favorite character due to the things he's willing to do for his friends in their time of need.

This show is amazing. Nearly every episode is a tour de force, and the writing just gets better and better by the season. Every actor gives a tremendous performance, and the guest stars are always surprising.

Oddly enough, this show has already surpassed The Big Bang Theory, which I only recently started watching, and is creeping up on Scrubs for my favorite sitcom.

Every now and then, a show makes you believe that the people who are crazy about TV might have reason to be. Every now and then you just connect with what's happening, and this is the show that's doing it for me right now. I can't get enough of it.

Other viewers on TGP, here? Other opinions?

lol, all network sitcoms are fucking garbage.

Give me death over having to watch a show with a laugh track.

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis
  • Downvote 1

One of my favorite shows.

This latest season was good, but

I LOATHED that they had Kal Penn on the show. He is a fucking atrocious actor. I also did not like the stripper twat that Barney fell in love with. Ugh.

I don't watch the show but I fell in love with Cobie Smulders' ass. and Lyndsy Fonseca is pretty fine as well.

How I Met Your Mother is one of my favorite shows..The concept of the show is original though it takes a lot of episodes to find out who that mother is lol..Every episode has lots of funny moments..Neil Patrick Harris nailed his role of a womanizer(who would've thought he's gay in real life?)..

There are also a lot of hot chicks that only show up in one or two episodes or more..

The Big Bang Theory is currently my favorite sitcom, but my girlfriend will throw this show on every now and then and it's alright.

Not a show I go looking for on the guide but if there's nothing else on I'd happily watch it.

I don't watch the show but I fell in love with Cobie Smulders' ass. and Lyndsy Fonseca is pretty fine as well.

Cobie Smulders has a perfect...everything.

I don't watch tv at all other than history and the discovery channel but this is my favourite tv show... That being said I thought that last season should of been the series finale. Sometimes it's just time to let things die.

I don't watch tv at all other than history and the discovery channel but this is my favourite tv show... That being said I thought that last season should of been the series finale. Sometimes it's just time to let things die.

I've only seen a handful of episodes from the later seasons, but if it's still strong, I think it might as well carry on. We don't have a lot of great comedies on TV right now, anyway, especially simple sitcoms.

As long as it doesn't cross into Scrubs territory, circa seasons 7-9. 7 and 8 were watchable, and 9's new characters were interesting, but it wasn't the Scrubs I once knew.

My brother loves it, but I haven't watched much of it. My favorite sitcom will always be That 70s Show, except for the last season. Trying to continue the show without Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher was a HORRIBLE idea.

Everything from the name of the show to the actors involved turned me away from this TV series at the start. Who doesn't find Neil Patrick Harris annoying? Who hasn't been disappointed in Jason Segel's performances since Freaks and Geeks? Not once did I consider watching this show prior to a chance viewing at a late hour while trying to fall asleep, and I immediately knew I had to start from season 1.

Four seasons in and the fifth on its way in the mail, I can't get enough of this show. These characters are so real. Exagerrations, but exagerrations in moments instead of constantly, and that's what sets it apart. I also think Neil Patrick Harris' Barney Stinson has become my favorite character due to the things he's willing to do for his friends in their time of need.

This show is amazing. Nearly every episode is a tour de force, and the writing just gets better and better by the season. Every actor gives a tremendous performance, and the guest stars are always surprising.

Oddly enough, this show has already surpassed The Big Bang Theory, which I only recently started watching, and is creeping up on Scrubs for my favorite sitcom.

Every now and then, a show makes you believe that the people who are crazy about TV might have reason to be. Every now and then you just connect with what's happening, and this is the show that's doing it for me right now. I can't get enough of it.

Other viewers on TGP, here? Other opinions?

lol calm down dude. It's a television sitcom.

lol calm down dude. It's a television sitcom.

I would take a well done sitcom over most dramas, because dramas tend to take themselves too seriously. Sitcoms are what they are and as long as the writing is decent you won't be disappointed.

I would take a well done sitcom over most dramas, because dramas tend to take themselves too seriously. Sitcoms are what they are and as long as the writing is decent you won't be disappointed.

I was more laughing at your use of the phrase "tour de force" lol. Really? Just seems weird to me idk. To describe How I Met Your Mother?

I was more laughing at your use of the phrase "tour de force" lol. Really? Just seems weird to me idk. To describe How I Met Your Mother?

For what kind of show it is, every episode is startlingly solid. The Big Bang Theory? Some episodes aren't all that interesting. How I Met Your Mother seems to reveal something about a character in every episode. The best episodes have involved Barney's character and what he is other than a womanizer.

Also, I find it hilarious that the show consistently adds bits into his dialogue that reiterates how stupid most of the women who sleep with him are. I feel like it's a bit of a "fuck you" to all of the women and "good-guy" men out there who would name him (a guy like him in real life, mind you) the problem and the only problem.

It's the little details like that that really set this show apart.

• Upvote 1

My brother loves it, but I haven't watched much of it. My favorite sitcom will always be That 70s Show, except for the last season. Trying to continue the show without Topher Grace and Ashton Kutcher was a HORRIBLE idea.

That 70s Show without Kutcher and Grace isn't what it's supposed to be..

I've never seen Josh Radnor before in a movie or a tv serie but he's the irreplaceable Ted Moseby..He's one of the best actors I've seen recently..NPH and Radnor make a great acting duo in HIMYM..

Edited by housemd
  • Upvote 1

Cobie Smulders has a

perfect...everything.

I'd say the same thing for Lyndsy Fonseca.. :yep:

Edited by housemd

I'd say the same thing for Lyndsy Fonseca.. :yep:

I haven't seen the episodes with her yet.

I'm kind of in Mav's boat. I've seen episodes here and there and I find it alright. I'm not going out of my way to watch it or DVR it though.

I haven't seen the episodes with her yet.

When old Ted starts telling the story on the start of almost every episode,she's sitting with her brother on the couch..Those 5 seconds are enough to see how gorgeous she is..

I guess I'd never really looked because they do such a good job of making her look young.

I love How I Met Your Mother, and like you, it's right up there with Scrubs for me. But if don't judge it by watching a few episodes here and there, you HAVE to start with season 1. Because I watched the show on occasion, but if you watch it from season 1 you'll get hooked on the storyline.

It's not like big bang theory where there's a bit of a storyline, it's got a pretty good storyline that builds. But I do love big bang theory.

I lament the fact that HIMYM is being mentioned in the same breath as The Big Bang Theory and Scrubs, two of the worst sitcoms I've ever seen. The only reconcilable qualites of BBT are Sheldon's character and how incredibly hot Penny is. Scrubs is shit top to filthy, detestable bottom.

• Upvote 1

I lament the fact that HIMYM is being mentioned in the same breath as The Big Bang Theory and Scrubs, two of the worst sitcoms I've ever seen. The only reconcilable qualites of BBT are Sheldon's character and how incredibly hot Penny is. Scrubs is shit top to filthy, detestable bottom.

Have you ever watched either from episode 1? All three of these sitcoms are alike in that you gotta start from beginning or it won't be all that entertaining. Scrubs is full of inside jokes.