Vin

503 Errors

I got one like ten minutes ago when trying to go into a topic, it went away after a minute though.

Vin gettin' work done. Haven't run into one since yesterday afternoon.

I'm still getting them, but they are becoming less frequent.

Nice.

You will also notice the following (or not)...

- Shoutbox was wiped. The archive sucks anyway, so, not much changes here.

- 151,180 or so PMs were deleted. With any old PMs you still have stored, you will probably still see the Title of the PMs, but the actual messages themselves are gone. Feel free to delete all of those (they should have a red X next to them) if you would like.

- We now only have about 1.5 years worth of posts in our database. Anything prior to approximately mid March of 2011 has been wiped. Like the PMs, if you use the search function, you should still be able to see the titles of all of the topics... But the contents within those threads have been cleaned out.

- Other various "small" clean ups.

Thank you all for your patience as we dealt with those pesky errors. We appreciate your dedication to TGP. :yep:

• Upvote 2

The PM you sent me got wiped, so could you send it again? lol

Sure I will do that now. Let me know if for some reason you dont get it. Thanks.

- 151,180 or so PMs were deleted. With any old PMs you still have stored, you will probably still see the Title of the PMs, but the actual messages themselves are gone. Feel free to delete all of those (they should have a red X next to them) if you would like.

- We now only have about 1.5 years worth of posts in our database. Anything prior to approximately mid March of 2011 has been wiped. Like the PMs, if you use the search function, you should still be able to see the titles of all of the topics... But the contents within those threads have been cleaned out.

I wish I had known about the pending cleanups because I had quite a few old threads bookmarked. Oh well, the board works now.

Good work, guys. We all appreciate it.

It keeps popping up for me. I try a few times, no good. I wait about 25 to 30 minutes and the forums/site pops right back up.

I'm still getting them as well. Gonna clear my cache and see if that works.

I'm still getting them as well. Gonna clear my cache and see if that works.

same here.

Just got one.

I sent the host a message. Hopefully we'll get a response shortly.

Alright, they never took us out of detention. Now they have, and now we shouldn't see anymore errors.

I hope..

Looks like they are all gone.

Thanks for getting this cleared up.

I wish I had known about the pending cleanups because I had quite a few old threads bookmarked. Oh well, the board works now.

Good work, guys. We all appreciate it.

Ya.. That was the plan originally, but the window they gave us was just too small to organize anything, unfortunately. It took me over 3 hours to clean out 150,000 PMs... Ew. haha

But ya, I understand what you are saying, and I apologize we couldn't organize something to let you guys know a week or so ahead of time.

How much would it have cost/how much down time would have resulted if we went to a better(bigger?) server, or was that even an option?

Cause I mean I understand it'll take a little bit, but eventually won't you guys have to do this again?

Oh yes. It will be a continuous thing without a change to the current plan. I don't really like sharing in the financials of the site, but you can easily look up the prices for yourselves.

A year of hosting for us is approx $200.

Semi-Dedicated

The next step up would be about $350-$400 (per year).

Another step takes us to $700 (per year).

And then finally $1000 (per year).

A virtual private server (cloud hosting) is going to be $750-$800 and that is the smallest and weakest package available as far as resources go.

And then the final option would be to get a private server, in which they offer several different machines with various processing power. The lowest tier here starts out at approximately $2000 per year.

Edited by Favre4Ever

How much would it have cost/how much down time would have resulted if we went to a better(bigger?) server, or was that even an option?

Cause I mean I understand it'll take a little bit, but eventually won't you guys have to do this again?

Cost would've been the biggest issue, as the next level up is quite a bit more money.

Luckily, we shouldn't have deal with this again anytime soon. The recent clean-up freed up quite a bit of space, and you couple that with the new archive system the new version of IPB has that we'll be upgrading to at some point means we should be good for quite a while.

Only reason I asked for the price was because I wasn't aware what server/price you were paying now/didn't know what the "next step" would be.

I used to question why some pretty big sites were using zetaboards and other free sources to host their forums, but with the price of hosting, I can see why now.

Add to the fact that the only problems we have ever had with our current hosts are when we switched to them (big TGP crash... lol) and then these 503 errors and we have had pretty much flawless 100% uptime. I am overall very pleased with our hosting. :yep:

Add to the fact that the only problems we have ever had with our current hosts are when we switched to them (big TGP crash... lol) and then these 503 errors and we have had pretty much flawless 100% uptime. I am overall very pleased with our hosting. :yep:

:yep: