Caught a 536 Pinsir at a local park today. That's my strongest pokemon so far.

Edited by FartWaffles

i haven't really explored yet, might do some tonight, there are some Pokemon Stops really close to my house. :D

Live in a small town as well, and creepily ran into two skater kids also playing pokemon at 2 am. Thought they were just up to no good, but we met later at a module and talked to them for a bit. Just like me they had just started so not much to say though. :D Got myself a bellsprout, abra, and two eggs, hoping for some epicness. :D

EDIT:

Took over half the gyms in my small town, ome of them though are way too much for me. Dudes have pidgeots already which I have no chance against and another leader ha Hitmonlee. LAME. >_> I want thee cool pokemons!

Edited by Favre4Ever

If you want water types, find a river. They are all over that area. Saw a Ghastly, (I think? as I said, no good with pokemons), near a recycling center. Not sure if that was a coincidence or not.

I got another tip from someone else: Save all your pidgies. At level 9 and 10 you will get a free item called lucky egg. Pidgies cost only 12 candies to evolve- and then you get 1 from evolving, and then you get another for transferring the pidgeotto. So really, only 10 to evolve. Point is, its a lot cheaper than any other pokemon. Once you get level 9, use that lucky egg- it doubles all xp for 30 minutes- and then evolve all your pidgies. The guy who showed me this went from level 12 to level 16 off of one lucky egg.

• Upvote 1

Caught me an Electabuzz tonight at work. Pretty excited. The Pidgeot terrorizing my local gym is in for a world of hurt.

My main squad right now:

Hypno - 526cp

Jynx - 408cp

Pidgeotto - 291cp

Electabuzz - 279cp

Oddish - 264cp

I am also hoarding Eevee, Ghastly, and Pidgeys in order to form mega evolutions (now that I now how the game works, I know how to level most effectively). Working for Oddish evols and Bellsprout too but not a whole lot of luck.

Anyone know how to control which Eevee form you get -- if at all?

Also, I was finding a lot of random water pokemon in the middle of the city -- not that I am complaining. I really want a Poliwrath, but wags are hard to come by for me so far. Also got a ton of tentacool (not enough for cruel), Shellder, , Horsea, Krabby

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Depends on their moveset, Eevees with Dig as their second move become Flareon, Swift become Vaporeon, and Body Slam become Jolteon

Good looking out bro. I have a Vaporeon in the waiting right now it looks like. Need to find an Eevee with dig.

Sometimes Twitter is a good thing. I don't even play this game, I still have a flipphone.

Ha. Well on my way to a max level Pidgeot. Tried finding a Dig Eevee, found a Body Slam one instead. At least Vaporeon is gone. Found a relatively high level Squirtle too. Good night.

For those of us who don't know the matchups straight up:

https://img.pokemondb.net/images/typechart-gen2345.png

I saved that image on my phone so I can figure out whats going on and what to attack things with.

Note that since this is gen1, there are no dark or steel types in the game but there are still pokemon who attack with dark and steel moves, (the Scyther I caught uses both, for example).

Edited by Thanatos

CnAvnLJXEAA8jE6.jpg

• Upvote 1

Alright, just hit level 8, here's my six-pack lineup:

463 Pidgeot, 298 Scyther, 251 Fearow, 225 Ratticate, 174 Bulbasaur, 169 Eevee.

As soon as i catch one more Eevee I will have enough candy to evolve that 169 Eevee into a Vaporeon.

I found a 145 Koffing sitting in my bathroom today. I think the app is trying to tell me something. :p

I also found a Pikachu, though its only CP 24.

I found out you can actually get a Pikachu as your starter. If you turn away from the original 3 four times and walk a bit away, the Pika will spawn on the fifth attempt. I don't really know the point of the starter in this game, but, still cool.

Edited by Thanatos

Do you guys know, as far as evolving goes, should you first power up a pokemon as far as you can, and then evolve it? Or does it matter?

Edit: Looks like its actually the opposite, given that a pokemon gains random moves after it evolves and some of those moves suck. You want to evolve first and then power up so you don't waste your candies on a sucky pokemon- or at least one with a sucky attack.

Edited by Thanatos

Do you guys know, as far as evolving goes, should you first power up a pokemon as far as you can, and then evolve it? Or does it matter?

Edit: Looks like its actually the opposite, given that a pokemon gains random moves after it evolves and some of those moves suck. You want to evolve first and then power up so you don't waste your candies on a sucky pokemon- or at least one with a sucky attack.

What's a "sucky attack" ? Like does attack power change on say two separate wing cutter attacks? Or are you saying do it o you can get steel wing over wing cutter?

I think it comes out to about the same and unless actual attack values vary drastically it come down to preference on move preference.

For example, if you evolve a Pidgey and get Steel Wing.. A) Does steel wing even actually effect fairies as this is gen i? I assume so, but to pidgeon hole your pidgeotto or pidgeot just to take out fairies seems lame to me. B) Maybe you have a bunch of jigglypuffs terrorizing your neighborhood, then all of a sudden it is a lot better.

Again, just seems like preference to me.

Had a successful day. hatched a bunch of eggs, got a Bulbasaur, Growlithe, and Mankey (also a bellsprout). Missed out on catching a strong Pikachu. Captured a weak Kingler, a 290cp Slowpoke, and a close to make 333cp Eevee.

The Team:

Pidgeot - 744cp

Hypno - 526 cp

Jynx - 408cp

Ratticate - 398cp

Beedrill - 372 cp

Eevee - 333cp

Edited by Favre4Ever

I got a pikachu in a 2k egg today

I'm level 13 with a CP 1121 Exeggutor as my strongest pokemon at the moment. Got four pokemon posted up at Gyms as well.

Team Blue! :megusta:

• Upvote 1

I'm level 13 with a CP 1121 Exeggutor as my strongest pokemon at the moment. Got four pokemon posted up at Gyms as well.

Team Blue! :megusta:

#TeamBlue

I think team valor is in my area. Probably just join them lol

3 of the 4 gyms in my little town are occupied by the gym glitch where you can get the opponents pokemon to 1 but no further. So, so, so lame.

Vin's information is FALSE. Sue him.

Seriously though, the Eevee evolution is purely random, does not at all depend on the move they have. Mine had Swift and became a Vaporeon.

@Favre: "Sucky" move as in a different type than you might prefer based on your area. For example, my area has a ton of grass and flying creatures, so I prefer moves that do some type of damage that does double to either grass or flyers- preferably both. Also, there are some moves that are just not as good, for a number of reasons. Maybe they need all four bars to charge in order to be able to used- unlikely to happen in any given battle. Maybe they only use 1 but do little damage. Etc.

Edit: Nevermind on the trick, a Google maps engineer guy said it won't work.

Edited by Thanatos

Vin's information is FALSE. Sue him.

:think: