Keep us up to date with your progress!

Keep us up to date with your progress!

:yep: I can't wait to get the version mascots. They are awesome.

I'm trying to only use new pokemon + alolan forms on this run.

EDIT: Have Munchlax because it has Hold Back, i'll replace it with something else soon enough.

Edited by Bay
  • Upvote 1

Team Moon:

Brionne - Water

Toucannon - Normal/Flying

Charjabug - Bug/Electric

Alolan Grimer - Poison/Dark

Mudsdale - Ground

Salandit - Poison/Fire

• Upvote 1

I've really not touched Moon since the week I picked it up. Not that it isn't awesome, it's epicly great. I just have no time to commit to video games anymore.

As for the ever decreasingly popular game Pokemon GO. I feel like they got lazy with their Christmas event just giving us Pikachu with a santa hat. This game has been out for a while now and there is still no trading and you still can't battle other people and all they give us is stupid crap like Santa Pikachu. I like that they finally added the Gen 2 babies, but I haven't been able to hatch one yet despite my best efforts.

Loving Moon. Playing whenever I get a chance. Beat a bunch of trials, collecting the Z Crystals and trying to get every brand new species I come across.

I managed to get a Rank 3 Pharmacy in Festival Plaza. For 60 coins each I can get a set of 4 EV medicines (the ones that give you 10 EVs in a respective stat) per day.

Solves EV training for me.

Pokemon GO has officially added Gen 2, making this game worth playing again. I've caught 30 of the new ones already, got all the Chikorita evolutions in my neighborhood lol. Having a hard time getting Eevee to evolve into Umbreon or Espeon though.

Pokemon Go was NEVER worth playing again, lol.

Edited by Sparty

Snivy in a friend ball, amazing. Also got Tepig in a level ball. Totoile in a lure ball - so many awesome combos.

Pokemon Go was NEVER worth playing again, lol.

​I'm honestly having more fun playing it now than before.

Just rename your Eevee:

Sakura = Espeon

Tamao = Umbreon

Seems like there aren't that many good pokemon with high CPs in this generation. 91% Steelix, maxed out, hits like 2100. Porygon 2, Kingdra, and Scizor all seem to be a bit higher than that.

I spent 125 candies getting Jumpluff and he's barely 1000. Maxed out Umbreon at 1800... Espeon got to over 2600 but he has so little health he dies really easily. Politoed is poop... so is Slowking and Crobat. I think Kingdra could be decent.

Blissey is awesome though... And I can't wait to get my hands on the Larvitar line and Houndoom of course.

Maybe all of these lower CP Pokemon are still decent fighters / gym 'Mon, but it is gonna require some testing. It seems like Niantic had balance in mind more this time around, which isn't inherently bad... I mean people like balance, right?

Well, if everything is perfectly balanced, all you have to really do is match up types, and the rest takes care of itself. And there are still Pokemon from Gen I that are far superior. 10 of my Top 12 are Gen I 'Mon, CP-wise. And one of those is Espeon who I am going to say isn't as good as her CP indicates because of such a low health total. I'm waiting for Dragonite / Gyarados / Rhydon / Vaporeon nerfs.

EDIT: Oh and they nerfed Lapras pretty bad.

Edited by Favre4Ever

I went to my second TCG Regional this weekend in St. Louis. It was supposed to be a 9 hour drive, but that turned into 16 because 2 hours in the transmission began to leak fluid and overheat. So from Lincoln, NE to Collinsville, IL (right near St. Louis), we had to drive 20 minutes, stop 20 minutes. We planned on getting to the hotel around 8pm since we had to be at registration by 8:45am. We ended up getting there after 3am and getting about 2-3 hours of sleep before 12 hours of tournament in the morning. :dry:

Day 1 is 9 rounds and then it cuts to Top 32 for Day 2. 7-2 guarantees Day 2 and after that tiebreakers are resistance (opp. combined win% and then opp.'s opp.'s win%). To my great luck, I ended up playing a fucking Worlds-level player every other round when I saw none in my first go in November. I went 3-0-1 in my other matches (the tie was sheer awful luck. We had 10 min. left in the round after I won game 1 and I drew nothing and got "donked").

Outside of that I played Bradly Curcio, the guy that won St. Louis last year and also got 8th at Worlds. It was a bad matchup for me and I played an awesome first game against him that I admittedly lost because of a giant misplay. I suck. I played a guy known as the best "Night March" player in the world (the deck that ran rampant all of last season) and was one turn away from tying the round before he flipped the exact card he needed to avoid getting decked out. The other two guys played a deck that was a virtual auto-loss for me and because I was already out of the money, I ended up not even playing round 8 out and dropped for round 9.

Seven of us from my town went and four of us have settled on being a "team." Only three of us were in the money after Round 4 and by the end I had the 2nd best showing at 3-4-1 (drop). Of the seven I had by far the highest Resistance at 57.25%. They split the standings into two lists for those that played all 9 and those that DNF (did not finish). Of the 380+ DNF, I was 28th and only 3 people ahead of me had a higher resistance at exactly 60%. When you get near 60%, you ran a fucking gauntlet Day 1. So overall, I'm not upset with my performance, especially when everyone else had a resistance of 30%-50%. Curcio and Kica (Night March dude) got 13th and 11th out of over 700 players. I would've had to win all of my other matches to make Day 2. :(

The next Regional within distance is Salt Lake City on April 8/9. It will be Standard this time, which is to my advantage because it contains about half as many sets as Expanded and I have been playing since before about half of those were released. Expanded was a rough go as there are cards in that format from like 2011 that I have never seen before. I would really like to make Day 2 and if not, at least top 64 so I can grab $250 (or I can just win and get 5K).

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 2

Zack, you never seem to find much luck in these things. Hope you go in April, I enjoy the write-ups.

Of those who have gotten sun and/or moon, thoughts? Two of my favorites are Sandshrew & Ninetales so tough decision on that one....

Zack, you never seem to find much luck in these things. Hope you go in April, I enjoy the write-ups.

Thanks, man. Looks like at least 3 of us are going and I've already told my gf that we're taking her car this time, lol. We also might end up flying from Denver since the owner of a couple restaurants in town has started playing at our league with his son and said he wants to start going to Regionals.

I've learned a lot and have decided to play pure consistency for this go rather than much complexity so as to avoid drawing poorly or not hitting what I need. If I fail to make Top 64 I'll be pretty pissed at myself.

Was chaining Poochyena....was half paying attention and accidentally one shot a shiny. :fbm:

Dive ball Mudkip :towel:

My power went out yesterday so I decided to start up Sun after months of neglect. Probably going to try to manage the XP share better so I don't over-level like I have in the previous two releases. I will miss the dexnav chaining from Ruby. Started with Popplio.

Anybody else go to Chicago for Pokémon Go fest ?

My power went out yesterday so I decided to start up Sun after months of neglect. Probably going to try to manage the XP share better so I don't over-level like I have in the previous two releases. I will miss the dexnav chaining from Ruby. Started with Popplio.

Cancel that.

XP share is off, kills the challenge of the game. Restarted with Rowlet.

Started a new file in Alpha Sapphire.

Team:

Meditite

Numel

Swablu

Cacnea

Shuppet

Feebas

Trying to use alot of "new" mons meaning ones I haven't tried out before. Milotic is awesome :wub:

• Upvote 2

Playing Sun, I have a new found appreciation for the speed stat. Really comes in handy with the SOS system, slow pokemon get beat on.

Squad right now:

Kangaskhan

Lycanroc

Cubone

Ribombee

Dartrix

Mareanie

Edited by BJORN

538788_trainercard-Benny.png

• Upvote 1

Gonna give this thread a bump, I just randomly got back into Pokémon Go and I'm playing every day again. New to this raiding and stuff but I finally got my first legendary raid today with Latias. Also got a couple Zapdos with the new research stuff but I feel like an idiot missing out on getting Moltres, Lugia, Raikou, Latios, Groudon, etc. Hopefully they bring them back in research. Anyone else still playing Go?

Edited by Milla4Prez63