Favre4Ever

300 Pound Twelve Year-Old Banned From Pee-Wee Football

Couple days old and a couple you may have read it already, but eh. lol

MESQUITE, Texas -- A suburban Dallas boy has been barred from playing Pee Wee football because the league says he is just too big at nearly 300 pounds.

Mesquite Pee Wee Football Association President Ronnie Henderson said the rules are clear and 12-year-old Elijah Earnheart is not eligible. The 6-foot-1-inch boy exceeds the 135-pound limit for seventh-graders, and he got the bad news last Sunday when the league held its official weigh-in.

Henderson said he asked Elijah whether he was in sixth or seventh grade, then told him "no need going" any further.

Cindy Earnheart, the boy's mother, said she was incensed and Elijah was humiliated.

"They would not even let him weigh in on the scales like every single boy out there," she said. "He might be the size of a grown man but he's 12 years old and he has feelings, too."

Elijah, who describes himself as a "gentle giant" and dreams of someday playing pro football, said the turn of events was unfair.

"I'm not sad, I'm mad that I don't get to play," Elijah said. "I've been practicing for three weeks."

http://www.cbssports.com/general/story/19809921/pee-wee-football-league-bans-300pound-kid-for-being-too-big

Kids are fucking huge these days.

Let em play for the HS team. :p

Yeah. I mean fuck, the kid is 300lbs. He needs some sort of fucking physical activity.

Weight limits are absurd. It's as if they equate weight to strength. Most big kids are only as strong as their age group and this is just fucking ridiculous.

Yeah. I mean fuck, the kid is 300lbs. He needs some sort of fucking physical activity.

The dude is heavy, obviously. But he is also over 6 foot tall already. Weird seeing a mans body out there when his brain is that of a 12 year old. lol

135-pound limit? I wouldn't have been eligible at 12 either, but I was a tall kid too (not 6'0 at age 12 but taller than most)

He can play for his school, but doesn't want to because he has friends in the league in which he can't play.

lolfriends.

lolfriends indeed.

There are no friends on the field anyways...

While in Pee-Wee football I had a friend who played WR on another team. Me, originally playing MLB/LG had my coach move me to CB for a couple pays just so I could fuck with him. :troll:

:blink:

Weight limits are absurd. It's as if they equate weight to strength. Most big kids are only as strong as their age group and this is just fucking ridiculous.

Weight may not equate to strength per say, but a kid lugging around 300 lbs all day is going to be naturally stronger than your average 100-120 lb 12 year old that's likely around a foot shorter. This kid putting his weight behind a hit is an injury waiting to happen.

11446075-large.jpg

• Upvote 1

I don't see a thing wrong with this. Would you want this fat ass tackling your kid? He is bigger than some NFL players. 300 pounds tackling a 120 pound kid is going be injuries waiting to happen.

• Upvote 1

I don't see a thing wrong with this. Would you want this fat ass tackling your kid? He is bigger than some NFL players. 300 pounds tackling a 120 pound kid is going be injuries waiting to happen.

Not really. You're equating 300 lbs to muscle. The likelihood is that it's mostly fat at the moment that will develop into muscle as he gets older. There's no harm in letting a big kid play ball. Come on, now.

Not really. You're equating 300 lbs to muscle. The likelihood is that it's mostly fat at the moment that will develop into muscle as he gets older. There's no harm in letting a big kid play ball. Come on, now.

He can play ball just fine, but he needs to do it with people his size, at school. Do we know anything about how strong this kid is? He might be very strong. He's nearly guaranteed to be stronger than kids playing at 100 lbs and could seriously injure a much smaller child. I don't see why this is an issue. I'm led to believe he has the opportunity to play with an older age class or at school, if he wants to play then he can.

edit: By the picture in the story he looks like a bigger guy, but not a "fat ass." He's built like a typical o lineman or nose tackle. It leads me to believe though he's big he's got a lot of muscle. Ie; he's not a squat guy with a huge gut. Its very difficult to be that big without some fat...

ap_football_ac_120817_mn.jpg

Edited by GA_Eagle

It's unfortunate but this kid could really hurt the smaller kids.

Even if it isn't muscle... He has more weight in fat alone than other kids his ages total body weight.

I wouldn't let him play either, for reasons already stated here. Muscle or not, 300 lbs is fucking huge for a child going against children who weigh 100 lbs, someone would inevitably get hurt. Badly.

It is not like they are being discriminatory or anything. The league has a weight limit, and he exceeds it by almost 165 lbs...nearly two full 12 year-old kids. Rules are rules.

My daughter and my nephew are both 11 years old, both of them are less than 80 lbs soaking wet. I would never want to see them have to play football against someone that size. Basketball or another sport wouldn't bother me as much.

Kid sure as fuck shouldn't be playing pee-wee football.

I was 6'0'', 245 pounds when I was in 9th grade playing freshman football. I remember there were a couple of ridiculously small kids on the team, and it felt awkward as fuck whenever I went up against them... just unfair in their favor lol. I usually eased up in drills against them so I didn't end up injuring them.

That kid would wreak absolute fucking havoc in a pee-wee league. :laugh:

This kid isn't just big. He's huge, by any standard. If you weigh 90-120 and you get hit by 300+, the result will not be pretty...regardless of bodily fat index.

It's too bad that he can't play at the pee wee level especially if he has a lot of talent. At least he only has a few more years until high school.

I didn't play organized youth football, but back then the Vince Lombardi leagues (what they were referred to instead of "Pee Wee") also had age and weight limits, IIRC, and I have no problems with this kid not being allowed to play because he's too large.

He's WAY too big to play against others his age, IMO.

He's probably on Lane Kiffin's radar, though ... :p:shifty:

Edited by BLUE

The coach said he was allowed to play with the middle-schoolers, but he wants to play on this team because of his friends. It's not like he's not being allowed to play football at all. Just not being allowed to play in a league where he could seriously injure someone.

Bit of a bump, but found this video. Hilarious, especially from like 3:15 through the end.