SteVo

Pick 'Em Wars General Thread

Really looking forward to this. Props to whoever came up with the idea.

Much obliged. :bow:

I like how you have the divisions somewhat arranged by fans of the teams.

The NFC East has 2 Cowboy fans and 2 Eagles fans, the Central, a Bucs, Saints, Panthers, and Falcons fan, the West has two Niners fans, a Seahawks fan, and a Bucs fan.

Obviously you couldn't get it set up perfectly, but still a nice touch.

Oh yeah, and you are all going down.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like how you have the divisions somewhat arranged by fans of the teams.

The NFC East has 2 Cowboy fans and 2 Eagles fans, the Central, a Bucs, Saints, Panthers, and Falcons fan, the West has two Niners fans, a Seahawks fan, and a Bucs fan.

Obviously you couldn't get it set up perfectly, but still a nice touch.

Oh yeah, and you are all going down.

Bring it!

Thanatos is gon' get his ass whopped this weekend, just like his Panthers are gon' get their asses whopped by the Bucs. :troll:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanatos is gon' get his ass whopped this weekend, just like his Panthers are gon' get their asses whopped by the Bucs. :troll:

Gonna be difficult to do that when you don't have an actual NFL QB leading the team. :troll:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The full 17-week schedule is posted. Good luck to all participants. :rock:

Also, since nobody has mentioned it, I'm guessing you are all okay with my proposed playoff format? :shrug:

The full 17-week schedule is posted. Good luck to all participants. :rock:

Also, since nobody has mentioned it, I'm guessing you are all okay with my proposed playoff format? :shrug:

Yeah the playoff format looks fine to me...mirroring the NFL makes things more fun :D

Yeah the playoff format looks fine to me...mirroring the NFL makes things more fun :D

Indeeder.

Got no issues with the playoff format. 6 is a good number, not too many make it, and ensures strong divisions don't have their users screwed because of only one wild card while a weak division could have their guy sneak in.

Also guys, keep in mind as the season goes along that we've got a game on Thursday every week, so at the very least, make sure you make a pick on Thursday's game in time, then get your full slate of picks in before Sunday. Preferably do this with two posts, because if you go back and edit your original post, it looks like cheating. :yep:

I was gonna say something about the timestamp, but then I realized you could edit the TNF game.

I was just thinking of something that needs to be added here.

Picks should not be able to changed once the 1:00pm games on Sunday start.

The reason for this is that someone could see that they need to change their pick for SNF or MNF in order to try to tie with their opponent, or in order to prevent their opponent from being to tie.

So for pick 'em wars, I say you should not be able to change your picks, any of them, once the 1pm games start.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The reason for this is that someone could see that they need to change their pick for SNF or MNF in order to try to tie with their opponent, or in order to prevent their opponent from being to tie.

So for pick 'em wars, I say you should not be able to change your picks, any of them, once the 1pm games start.

:yeahthat:

I'm good with that. It's kind of an unofficial rule already, since anybody who edits their posts once the week of action has begun is DQ'd anyway. :yep:

OP updated with week 1 results.

1-0 :rock:

Me and Bay are facing each other for sole possession of 1st place in the NFC West this week :yep:

Edited by GoodellFTL

Mwahaha! With a 7-9 record, I am STILL victorious! (Not sure how...)

This is also funny. I go against Milla when our teams are going against each other, and now I'm going against Eefluxx when our teams are going against each other.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Downvote 1

Vin will probably defeat me at prognostication fisticuffs.

I win. Wait, no I don't.

1-0 :rock:

Me and Bay are facing each other for sole possession of 1st place in the NFC West this week :yep:

Get ready.

jk.gif

HOW AWESOME IS IT TO HAVE FOOTBALL BACK???