Vin

Staff Overhaul

F4E and I have decided that it is time to make some changes to the overall staff structure of the site. In order to do so it has been decided that everyone is going to be relieved of their duties. Doing it this way is a better solution in the long run than just shifting positions around, but F4E will have more on what we have in mind later.

To all those who have served on the staff, I just want to say thank you. I know it seems like that sentiment is always thrown around in threads like these, but I mean it. Without the contributions of all of you, this place wouldn't be where it is today, and again, for that I thank you.

Glad I got an opportunity fellas.

Sometimes downsizing is the best move. For a forum of our size, only a few on the staff is probably best. I've been on much bigger boards where they have about the same amount of staff we do and the board runs efficiently.

That being said, thanks to all those who have worked on the staff. It does require responsibility and of course, your time and contribution to the board.

I don't think anyone who has never been a moderator of any kind truly understands the amount of work and commitment it takes to do that job. Thanks to everyone who has been serving.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

I don't think anyone who has never been a moderator of any kind truly understands the amount of work and commitment it takes to do that job. Thanks to everyone who has been serving.

This. Its tough for it not to feel like work sometimes. It really is a tough job.

Why are you doing this? Those guys were good.

Why are you doing this? Those guys were good.

Sometimes downsizing is the best move. For a forum of our size, only a few on the staff is probably best. I've been on much bigger boards where they have about the same amount of staff we do and the board runs efficiently.

That being said, thanks to all those who have worked on the staff. It does require responsibility and of course, your time and contribution to the board.

^ Yeah but is that why they're doing it or are you just guessing?

I've been a mod. It's easy as fuck. Everyone could be replaced easily.

Haha nah not really. I'm sure a bunch of former staff will be brought right back soon anyways though.

This is more of a reevaluation period than anything. The best people will be on the job again, I trust Vin and JD to make the right decisions when they need to. Of course one of them chose to be a Jags fan, which is pretty brutal, but whatever. :p

Edited by RazorStar
  • Upvote 1

Owners decide staff should be overhauled...

Jags&Dawgs posts for the first time in years...

Anyone else see dots connecting here? ;)

If you're right I'm leaving forever.

I myself used to run a message board of a pretty decent size, and I think this place has been run great. Thanks for all the work everyone, and to all the new guys, keep it up!

This has been a long time coming and I'm glad to see it happen.

This is not a sleight on anyone that has been on staff before. I agree with Maverick and have been a proponent of slimming things down for years. Even if they end up with the same amount of people, however, it'll be good to put active members in place.

About time you got rid of Trident. We can't have that baseball loving noob on staff :nope:

:shifty:

:wub:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We aren't going to go into details or specifics as to why the decision was made. But if you take a look at our objectives for the new positions, you can kind of see the direction we want to go in and why we came to this conclusion.

Staff IS hard, and as GA said, often times feels like an actual job. As someone who has been on and off staff in the last 5 years, I can tell you that it gets OLD sometimes. There are days you just don't feel motivated to do it anymore, and those thoughts become habit for many.

Sometimes we just need a fresh start. I anticipate numerous mods that were "demoted" just recently to be back in some capacity or another... That is... If they are interested and apply. :yep:

For those who haven't seen in yet and want a chance to be on staff, visit the thread below:

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/61145-staff-application-process/page__pid__2423499#entry2423499

I'm a mod on the DallasCowboys.com message board. It's tough. We roll with 7 mods, which sucks sometimes considering the fan base. Most people don't know how much work it really is. I come here for a bit of relaxation and to be in a place where everyone is not drinking the blue Kool-Ade...at least not Cowboys' blue.

This is a great forum that's not overrun by a lot of fucktards, and has several guys whose posts I enjoy reading. I love coming here to be in a mix of fans from all teams. The staff has done a great job in the 5 or so years I've been hanging out here and I don't see that changing any time soon.

Great work guys...not just current staff, but everyone who has ever been on staff here.

• Upvote 2