Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Louisiana-Monroe upsets 8 Arkansas

Helluva call on 4th and 1 to go for the win in OT by Monroe

Yeah I think the coach figured if he didnt get it they were supposed to get trashed anyway and they were close, however if they made it they pulled off probably the greatest school victory ever.

NEW YORK -- Arkansas has taken the second-largest fall out of the AP college football poll, dropping from eighth to unranked after losing to Louisiana-Monroe.

The Razorbacks were upset 34-31 in overtime after losing quarterback Tyler Wilson to an injury. The only team to take a more drastic fall from the poll was Michigan in 2007. The Wolverines opened the season at No. 5 and dropped out after a Week 1 loss to Appalachian State.

Alabama remains No. 1. Southern California is No. 2, followed by LSU and Oregon. Florida State moved into a tie for fifth with Oklahoma. Georgia is No. 7.

Arkansas was one of four teams to drop out after losses, along with Nebraska, Wisconsin and Oklahoma State.

Moving in were UCLA, Tennessee, Arizona and BYU.

The great thing about the game of football is that a lot of the time, any team can win if they put their big boy pants on. This is awesome lol

razor sad?

:facepalm:

They deserved the win.. honestly. It seemed like no Hog on the field was serious about this game. Everyone was looking over their shoulder at the Alabama game this week.. coaches included. It showed in their demeanor, in their play calling, and in their performance. Congrats to ULM, played the best game in your program's history.

Hopefully this will be a wake-up call though. I haven't thrown in the towel on the season yet. There's still a lot of ball left to play. I just have my fingers crossed that Jeff Long isn't considering an extension for John L Smith. We obviously need a top-tier coach to hold the bar high during ALL games, not some fill-in who delegates his work out and collects a check to pay his debt.