Sign in to follow this  
AllYouNeedIsLovie

Week 1 Surprises

I was just thinking about how surprised I am the Broncos offense is so fluent, this early, in Peyton's first season with Denver.

Bucs defense

RG3

Panthers defense- did not expect it to be this good out of the starting gate.

The ineptitude of the Panthers run-game w/o Stewart.

Jets offense coming out that strong.

Bills defense being that poor.

Skins defense.

Niners offense.

There's a LONG list.

The Rams hanging on as long as they did.

Definitely RG3...he didn't exactly go up against the best defense in the league, but for his first regular season game he looked very good.

The Cardinals defense actually played really well today. Patrick Peterson was shut down, the 3-4 D line is able to get plenty of pressure, Calais Campbell is a maniacal motherfucker and can shred double team blocks, and there was never a single hole for Marshawn Lynch.

RG3 was just nasty. Seeing him and Luck switch places as the media darling this week will be fun to watch. I wonder how long it is before there's a Cam Newton comparison. Everyone watch ESPN and NFLN and report back with findings ;).

Most of it's already been said.

Bucs run D was shockingly good considering how they've played the last several years.

The Jets offense played better than anybody thought they would.

The Rams put up a good fight.

Redskins O was fantastic under RGIII. Certainly a change from what they put on the field last season.

Kevin Kolb scored a TD.

Redskins offense.

They shred the Saints defense with a great combination of passing and running game..Like it's already been said,RG3 nailed it but he's not the only one who surprised on their offense..Pierre Garcon was raping the Saints' cornerbacks as well as that guy Aldrick Robinson(never heard of him before) who caught a few deep passes..Probably the biggest surprise of them all is that sixth round RB Alfred Morris..The guy used every single hole to run all over the Saints shitty defense..I never thought they'd give him the advantage over Helu and Royster but I guess it was a right decision..

Jets Offense, Redskins win. Those were the only two that really surprised me yesterday.

I can't believe the Skins took it to the Saints like that.

Didn't surprise me, I was expecting the Browns to win... thought it'd be because Weeden was at least as good as McCoy and Richardson would play well. Neither of those happened, but the defense was unreal.

Definitely RG3 playing that good in his first start. Kid looks legit.

The biggest surprise to me is how bad the officiating was. Every game I watched was horribly called. The replacement refs look lost, like they don't know the rules, and miss more obvious penalties than I can ever remember. It's bad.

I want the old refs back.

I think the replacements are really bad / really inconsistent with the pass interference calls. Other than that, overall, I felt they did fine.

They will get better as the season goes on...

• Upvote 1

I think the replacements are really bad / really inconsistent with the pass interference calls. Other than that, overall, I felt they did fine.

They will get better as the season goes on...

Agreed, the PI calls were terrible. Talib practically mugged LaFell on that first INT.

But they were letting a TON of holding get away and were very inconsistent with those calls.

I take that back, you know what - Stephen Hill surprised the hell out of me as well. Just the fact that he's in the Jets' offense should make him a candidate for a surprise I suppose. That performance had to of surprised everyone. He looked like a monster.

Anybody else notice how efficient some of these QBs were this week?

Or maybe that's just me. lol.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F