SteVo

Your opinion of the replacement refs?

Also a letter written from the NFLPA and sent to team owners.

so what are they going to do about it? I'm not entirely sure what the answer to that should be, but I know that a strongly worded letter will only go so far.

As a poster that has always questioned the integrity of the actual NFL referees, I must say that I am sickened by how these replacement officials are being mocked and bullied as if they're supposed to be any better than they actually are, which really isn't all that bad for about 85% of the time. Do they make blunders? Yes. Is player safety coming into question here? Yes. I can't believe that Matt Schaub somehow lost a chunk of his ear. Granted, Joe Mays is one hard hitting motherfucker, but still. A chunk of his ear. Had the roughing call been made on the earlier play where Schaub was rocked, Mays probably would have been a little more careful. Now, I did see the play. Another Broncos player hit Schaub which sent him head first into Mays, as well. It wasn't a dirty play by any means. It was just an unfortunate set of circumstances that occurred right next to each other. At the same time, I'm not sure that play even happens with the regular officials.

I'm just concerned about player safety. I don't care about the PI goof ups at all. The regular referees butcher those rules just as badly.

Edited by BwareDWare94

czLGU.gif

Come the fuck on son. Throw the hat somewhere else.

Edited by Mathias

I'm just concerned about player safety. I don't care about the PI goof ups at all. The regular referees butcher those rules just as badly.

Ha we are on opposite sides there. I hate the PI and secondary calls that arent there. But I love the monsters hits I have seen lately. That is the lone bright spot in these scrubs. If they could squeare everything else up and stay lax on the penalties for hitting a mofo I would be fine with that.

As a poster that has always questioned the integrity of the actual NFL referees, I must say that I am sickened by how these replacement officials are being mocked and bullied as if they're supposed to be any better than they actually are, which really isn't all that bad for about 85% of the time. Do they make blunders? Yes. Is player safety coming into question here? Yes. I can't believe that Matt Schaub somehow lost a chunk of his ear. Granted, Joe Mays is one hard hitting motherfucker, but still. A chunk of his ear. Had the roughing call been made on the earlier play where Schaub was rocked, Mays probably would have been a little more careful. Now, I did see the play. Another Broncos player hit Schaub which sent him head first into Mays, as well. It wasn't a dirty play by any means. It was just an unfortunate set of circumstances that occurred right next to each other. At the same time, I'm not sure that play even happens with the regular officials.

you do raise a good point, and to that point I liked what one of the commentators said during last night's game (I can't remember who said it and this is paraphrased anyway) "these replacement refs are doing the best they can, they just aren't qualified for the job" but that's not something that the players and fans should have to deal with.

I don't care about the PI goof ups at all. The regular referees butcher those rules just as badly.

I don't know why people are saying this. The regular refs of course messed up, they make mistakes on PI probably twice a game on average, but that pales in comparison to it happening almost every single passing play now. The replacement refs just don't call things, and players have been taking full advantage of it. Talib on the Bucs for instance has caused PI at least every other time he's thrown at. I never seen him play that way with the older refs without him getting called on it.

czLGU.gif

Earlier a guy was talking about Hochuli's blunder, but in the Dallas/TB game, a ref made the same mistake. Tampa got shorted at least 7 points, and the lead, because of a ref's early whistle. In such a close game, that could have made the difference.

IMO, Dallas's win over Tampa should be accompanied by an *.

If and when the regular refs get back and if they are put under the same microscope the replacements have been under this season to date I would really question that we will see a lot of difference,with the exception of game and clock management issues. We as fans have been complaining about the refs screwing up for as long as the league has existed. We have all seen games won and lost as a result of what we have perceived as "Bad Calls" on the part of the refs regular and replacements.

We have Roger Goodell and the press to thank for the goat screw that this has become. I am of the opinion that the replacements are doing the best they can and are still many weeks away from having there act together.....at least as much as they are going to be able to.

There ya go. They just cost the Packers the game.

And they're walking off the field and not kicking the XP.

That was just absolute bullshit. It was clearly offensive pass interference on Golden Tate, absolutely the most blatant OPI I've ever seen, and then Jennings clearly has the pick.

czLGU.gif

Did anyone ever figure out why he threw his hat?

After defending the replacements so much... I am glad they decided to make my team the god damn scapegoat to bring back the regulars.

This how I feel about the refs after the Packers game tonight (with swear words left out, which I am clearly feeling):

tumblr_ma8irusT6v1ql2k6go1_400.gif

Some of the calls they are making are unacceptable and the real referees need to come back and do their jobs. These replacement refs are amatuers and do not belong on a professional football field.

Made this post during the preseason...

The crew that worked the Pats-Giants game tonight were dumb as fucking rocks. I'm legitimately concerned about these scrub refs working regular season games. If these guys are shitting the bed in a lethargic week 4 preseason, what's going to happen come week 1 when the speed of the game is in full swing? Missed/shitty calls are going to happen with the regular refs all the time, but a lot of these replacement refs are flat out clueless with a handful of things. And them being clueless not only causes more awful calls, but it also causes the game to be slowed down. Sorry, but I don't want 1 pm games lasting until quarter to 5 lol.

The NFL needs to end this dispute with the referees immediately, because these replacements refs are not in their comfort zone. D2 might be a high level of football in general terms, but it doesn't hold a candle to professional football. Not even close. An Abilene Christian - Delta State game is a far, far cry away from a Dallas Cowboys - NY Giants game lol.

I miss you, real NFL referees...

Had major concerns about these scabs, but holy fuck, they're even more incompetent than I expected.

Fucked the Pats last night, and dished out one of the biggest screwjobs I've seen tonight. On national fucking television. Christ.

I HOPE everyone pays this much attention to the old refs when they come back. I will be correcting every single mistake they make like everyone does with these guys.

Like I've been saying this whole time, the old refs cost teams games too. Everyone is realizing now because they are actually focusing on the refs. Packers fans should know this.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh absolutely.. If you don't think everyone is going to be focusing on the replacements, you're crazy. Not saying it's right or wrong... But that's the way the media works. If these were real refs and they blew this game, it would still be a huge deal.

I HOPE everyone pays this much attention to the old refs when they come back. I will be correcting every single mistake they make like everyone does with these guys.

Like I've been saying this whole time, the old refs cost teams games too. Everyone is realizing now because they are actually focusing on the refs. Packers fans should know this.

I don't neccesarily agree that any refs have ever cost a team a game (I've been talking about this in the box of shouts since the game ended) but I believe the real refs make the same call. The regular refs have been disliked for years and now all of a sudden everyone thinks they can fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes and kill robot dragons or some shit.

Replacement refs, regular refs, I don't give a damn. Just play the games.

• Upvote 1

I don't neccesarily agree that any refs have ever cost a team a game (I've been talking about this in the box of shouts since the game ended) but I believe the real refs make the same call. The regular refs have been disliked for years and now all of a sudden everyone thinks they can fly and shoot lasers out of their eyes and kill robot dragons or some shit.

That's because the Browns would lose regardless. You can't tell me that you're okay with how that game was reffed, how yesterday night's game was reffed, and how last Monday's game was reffed. All three, on primetime, were terrible, terrible jobs by the officials, even IF you don't think they just cost the Pack the game, it was still a horrible reffing job.

• Upvote 1

Until tonight. There is no objective defense for the epic clusterfuck we witnessed on Seattle's final drive. If ever a game was handed to a team, it was tonight.

Until tonight. There is no objective defense for the epic clusterfuck we witnessed on Seattle's final drive. If ever a game was handed to a team, it was tonight.

My logic was based on the fact that Mr. Rodgers was put on his ass EIGHT TIMES in the first half. You cut that total in half and maybe the Packers can score a TD then. Now the score is 19-14 and the last play isn't relevant.

My logic was based on the fact that Mr. Rodgers was put on his ass EIGHT TIMES in the first half. You cut that total in half and maybe the Packers can score a TD then. Now the score is 19-14 and the last play isn't relevant.

Not only were there the sacks, but we were extremely one dimensional in the 1st half... Even without the sacks, if we are still throwing every down.. I don't think we are scoring. We were able to move the ball in the 2nd half because we established the run game.

I agree, for the most part. The way I look at bad reffing is that if one team gets a fucked up call/non-call in their favor, the next time they get fucked over by the refs it cancels it out.

I said during the game that the Packers were getting away with holding on almost every play, and most of the shoutbox agreed with me. Apparently after the game, that is not so. If the Seahawks were handed that TD, the Packers were handed 12 points during the rest of the game and when you take that all away, the Seahawks win 7-0.

Not only were there the sacks, but we were extremely one dimensional in the 1st half... Even without the sacks, if we are still throwing every down.. I don't think we are scoring. We were able to move the ball in the 2nd half because we established the run game.

McCarthy needs to realize what he has in Benson and establish him with traditional running plays in the offense. I noticed that in the first half. Cedric Benson is not a dump-off, take the ball from a shotgun hand off running back. They signed him; they ought to use him the right way. That will make the Packers much more dangerous. Ryan Grant was at his best running like that, and Benson has more skill than Grant did.

If you want the Packers offense to get better, it needs to adjust to the way the NFL has somewhat caught up with its 5 receiver sets. A little more traditional under center offense tonight and we might not even have that botched call at the end. McCarthy is a lot like Andy Reid in that he doesn't adjust in game very well. That's precisely why GB wasn't 16-0 last year.

People are focused on the replacement refs, but using that excuse for why it "seems" like they are worse is idiotic. There is a very clear and obvious difference between the refs. Last year Buc fans complained constantly about refs, but I've witnesses more no-calls in 3 Buc games, on both sides, than I did all of last season. Most of which I would say have been in the favor of the Bucs.

And forget for a second about them not calling penalties, these guys don't even know some of the basic rules of NFL football.

http://bloggingthebeast.com/2012/09/24/replacement-official-comedy-from-the-eagles-cardinals-game-with-pictures/

^ That shit right there, I could have told you they fucked up when I was 12 years old.

• Upvote 2