Sign in to follow this  
Zack_of_Steel

Sam Bacile's Anti-Islam Movie Sparked Deadly Protests in Egypt, Libya

The bold parts tell me what I need to know.

I never claimed to be "Joe Patriot" or some kick ass war hero. I am saying that if you dont realize what this would do to the economy then you have no idea what foreign relations are and the hot bed of conflict that it is going to create. you have not seen me parade around the internet either because I have not. I put up pictures in uniform, dont like it ? Tough shit. People put them on facebook all the time, start complaining there. And how did I "throw it in your face." Didnt do that either.

Take control of the middle east huh ? Why would we do that ? As if this war has not almost bankrupted us as it is. They have the oil we are never going to control it while we have the dependency on fossil fuels.

My advice to you...Read, research, re -read and then respond. not react.

Spoken like a true John Kerry disciple. Gotta love men in uniform who argue against going to war. What'd you enlist for the college money? All that shit about getting shot or having to tell a buddies wife that her husband is dead, (which is untrue b/c the Army doesn't permit information like that to be put out in any other manner than officially), all shit that is know when you take the oath....so stop trying to act like it's such a travesty for Soldiers to have to leave Garrison and do what they are trained to do.

• Downvote 5

Spoken like a true John Kerry disciple. Gotta love men in uniform who argue against going to war. What'd you enlist for the college money? All that shit about getting shot or having to tell a buddies wife that her husband is dead, (which is untrue b/c the Army doesn't permit information like that to be put out in any other manner than officially), all shit that is know when you take the oath....so stop trying to act like it's such a travesty for Soldiers to have to leave Garrison and do what they are trained to do.

Oh I have no problem whatsoever with going to war, moreso that we should be more judicious when we do, not because it is what is popular with the public. No I enlisted because of 9/11. If you are in then you know the communication blackouts dont always work which is why people are always getting caught doing it. And they are only blacked out in certain areas and that contractors who have cell phones are not subject to those blackouts, as it happened to a guy in a brigade next to us and we had to hear about it the next day a conversation I could not imagine seeing as the guy and his friend were in fact brothers.

It is not a travesty for soldiers to do what they are trained to do, but do not act like it is something we should do because it would appease a mob. If we go to war with Libya fine but lets not do it because people think that we should just start putting foot to ass because of an extremist group.

Edited by Ngata_Chance
  • Upvote 2

Oh I have no problem whatsoever with going to war, moreso that we should be more judicious when we do, not because it is what is popular with the public. No I enlisted because of 9/11. If you are in then you know the communication blackouts dont always work which is why people are always getting caught doing it. And they are only blacked out in certain areas and that contractors who have cell phones are not subject to those blackouts, as it happened to a guy in a brigade next to us and we had to hear about it the next day a conversation I could not imagine seeing as the guy and his friend were in fact brothers.

It is not a travesty for soldiers to do what they are trained to do, but do not act like it is something we should do because it would appease a mob. If we go to war with Libya fine but lets not do it because people think that we should just start putting foot to ass because of an extremist group.

I said nothing of "going to war" with Libya.

I said nothing of "going to war" with Libya.

Their already being taken back. What more do you want ? We are hunting the perps down as we speak ? I mean what should be done that is not.

Guest Phailadelphia

War Eagle714 is the "liberals are stupid and Republicans are never wrong" demographic personified. In other words, a large part of what's wrong with American politics.

• Upvote 2

War Eagle714 is the "liberals are stupid and Republicans are never wrong" demographic personified. In other words, a large part of what's wrong with American politics.

Aye. And anyone that does not agree with them, for they are infallible, are deemed "liberal idiots".

• Upvote 1

Gotta love men in uniform who argue against going to war. What'd you enlist for the college money? All that shit about getting shot or having to tell a buddies wife that her husband is dead, (which is untrue b/c the Army doesn't permit information like that to be put out in any other manner than officially), all shit that is know when you take the oath....so stop trying to act like it's such a travesty for Soldiers to have to leave Garrison and do what they are trained to do.

When the fuck are you enlisting? Let me guess, you are one of those people always saying that you support the troops, right? How can you even say that when you go around spewing this bullshit.

And by the way, I am not a liberal. I am a libertarian, so stop making assumptions.

Did Steelrain create a new account ?

I don't know what happened in this topic but this war eagle fellow seems to be contradicting himself with each post... In any case, this is just radicals being insane fanatics. It does not require a first world country to act like insane fanatics and use that as an excuse to burn a country down. FFS, that's like bringing a nuclear weapon to a bar brawl, overcompensation.

To be fair, it works the other way around too. Democrats and Republicans alike are both morons with their personal and political party interests in mind before the interests of our country. George Washington warned against the negatives of the two party system and he may sadly be right.

But alas, this shouldn't be a thread about Republicans and Democrats. It is about the loss of lives overseas so I'll try and leave this at that.

So apparently the attacks were planned and had nothing to do with the movie.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/09/17/obama-administration-libyan-president-clash-over-explanation-on-consulate/

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna need more than an anonymous source from Faux News before this is considered "confirmed" to me.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna need more than an anonymous source from Faux News before this is considered "confirmed" to me.

This was my initial thought as well.