BC

Packers @ Seahawks

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick to win?

• Packers
    • Seahawks

(1-1) :Packers: @ (1-1) :Seahawks:

MNF's forecast: 74F and mostly sunny with a 99.9% chance of beast-mode. We have a cold front moving in from the southeast (GB area) with a stout defensive heat front from the NW. Air quality is marginal with a stench of Cowboy carcass left over from the Golden Tate hit on Sean Lee. Fun facts, Seattle is 3rd in points allowed per game this season and was 7th last year. Seattle has an NFL-best 17-8 franchise record in games played on MNF.

That's what I sent to my buddy who I'm goin to the game with. I was suprised last week with how much we shut down the Cowboys' offense. We didn't even shut them down necessarily, but I can't remember the last time a Dallas team scored that few points in a game. First half stats indicated the Cowboys were moving the ball quite well, it just wasn't translating on the scoreboard. Then in the 2nd half we just ran the ball down their throat and controlled the clock. I was pleasantly surprised at how that game plan worked against an explosive offense, but we can't guarantee it will work in this game against GB. We've had it easy in the first 3 quarters of both games so far and didn't have to abandon the run game because our defense played so well. If we get torched by Rodgers for a couple of early scores, Carroll is going to have to let Wilson be Wilson and start forcing throws down field. That isn't the ideal situation and certainly not what we want it to come to, but one of these days its going to happen and I almost hope it happens sooner rather than later so he gets experience making those rookie mistakes in the first half of this year, and learns. Dude needs to grow.

Edited by BC

Right now Rodgers is looking worse than Romo does, it wouldn't surprise me to see your defense fight Green Bay with just as much success. The only issue is how well you contain Green Bay's defense, which still seems to be as turnover focused as years past. They'll feast on Wilson if you can't protect him.

I'm very dissapointed to find out this is the MNF game.....any ways I take Green Bay in a blowout.

I am taking GB i don't think it will be a blow out like Midway thinks but it could be.

Edited by Sacks98

I'm going for the SEAHAWKS! , due to the fact it is difficult for the opposing team to win in there stadium.

I'm very dissapointed to find out this is the MNF game.....any ways I take Green Bay in a blowout.

Then you're an idiot. We're at home, where we always play our best ball, and we're on MNF on which we have the best record in the league. Our defense is strong and the Beast is hungry to ram the ball down the throats of one of the worst run defenses in the league. We have an excellenct chance at taking this game. However, if we do lose, it'll most likely be by a close margin.

• Downvote 2

I am sure the Skittle Beast will put up big numbers, but the Seattle offense is far from a worry of mine. Aaron needs a game that makes me go... "Our offense is finally clicking". The NFL Gods didn't do us any favors lining up our first 3 games against the defenses of San Fran, Chicago, and Seattle...

I'm actually going with Seattle in an upset. I don't think it will be anything like a blowout if GB does pull off the W, though. It's in Seattle where they just throttled the Cowboys, and the Packers offense still doesn't seem all that impressive. As long as Seattle's O-line can contain the Packers suddenly ferocious pass rush, they have a good chance at pulling the upset.

I know the reason this was MNF was because the NFL thought it was going to be Flynn vs Rodgers, but I think this is going to be a good game regardless.

I'm taking the Packers in this one. I don't think ppl should sleep on the S-hawks either though. Aaron Rodgers needs to have a good game here. The S-hawks MUST get the running game going. With that said, Russell still needs have a good game and not miss out on opportunities to make plays that are there. Wilson also needs to watch out for Clay Matthews :ninja:

:Packers: 27

:Seahawks: 17

Edited by dutchff7

Then you're an idiot. We're at home, where we always play our best ball, and we're on MNF on which we have the best record in the league. Our defense is strong and the Beast is hungry to ram the ball down the throats of one of the worst run defenses in the league. We have an excellenct chance at taking this game. However, if we do lose, it'll most likely be by a close margin.

I'm an idiot because you don't like my prediction? oh muffin clean out your sandy vagina.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Definitely don't think it's going to be a blowout. The Seahawks just beat the Cowboys pretty easily and this game is in Seattle, so I think the Seahawks giving the Packers a very tough time. With that being said, I still think the Packers squeak out a win.

Despite working out on Tuesday, WR Greg Jennings was not taking part in practice Thursday, although he was in attendance and didn't appear to be limping.[/Quote]

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/170538916.html?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Jennings worked rehab on Thursday. Didn't go as well as hoped. It wasn't what was expected when saw him Tuesday. Saw him run, but didn't think he was ready to practice Tuesday. Will wait to see this week.[/Quote]

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/170547366.html

Edited by Sacks98

He also thought he was going to play Thursday night... The coaching staff might want to err on the side of caution, IMO.

Greg Jennings is listed as questionable for Monday night against the Seattle Seahawks after missing the last game with a groin injury.

His coach and teammates suspect the Pro Bowl wide receiver has a better than a 50-50 shot of playing in the Packers' first road game this season.

"I thought Greg looked good today," head coach Mike McCarthy said after watching Jennings practice Saturday for the second straight day. "He made a big jump from earlier in the week. He practiced well."

http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/Packers-Greg-Jennings-might-return-3886970.php#ixzz27HfSlF1U

Records: Seahawks (Overall: 1-1, NFC West: 0-1); Packers (Overall: 1-1, NFC North: 1-0)

Past results: Two most recent meetings -- Dec. 27, 2009: Packers 48, Seahawks 10; Oct. 12, 2008: Packers 27, Seahawks 17. Series record: Packers have 8-5 regular-season edge.

What matters: With a win over Green Bay on Monday, the Seahawks would improve to 2-1. Although that doesn't sound like much, it usually means good things in Seattle. Since 1999, the Seahawks have made the playoffs each of the last four times they've started a season 2-1, including 2010, when they did it in Pete Carroll's first year as coach. The Seahawks also started 2-1 and made the playoffs in 1999, 2005 and 2007.

Who matters: RB Marshawn Lynch. With Green Bay bringing the 26th-ranked rush defense into Monday night's game, the Seahawks' game plan should be simple -- give the ball to Lynch, then give it to him some more. If Lynch gets going against the Packers, that means two things: it means the Seahawks are moving the ball and it means Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers isn't on the field. The Seahawks have already proven this season that they aren't afraid to put the offense in Beast Mode. Lynch is second in the league in carries (47) and third in rushing yards (207).

Key matchups: Seahawks front seven vs. Packers offensive line. Green Bay QB Rodgers has been sacked eight times this season, which is tied for the third most in the league. In two games, Rodgers has faced constant pressure, which has caused the usually unflappable QB to throw two interceptions after having just six all of last season. The Packers shouldn't be much of a threat to run -- they rank 26th in the league in rushing, and Seattle's defense is second in the league in stopping the run -- and that means if Seattle's front seven can unnerve Rodgers early, the Packers could have trouble scoring.

Injuries of note: The Seahawks should have all their starters available Monday, which would be the first time this season. LT Russell Okung (knee) has been practicing this week and is expected back after missing Sunday's game against Dallas. Backup WR Charly Martin (chest) is also expected to play. He suffered a bruised lung in Week 1 and didn't play against Dallas. WR Doug Baldwin could be questiobable for Sunday, Baldwin was limited in Thursday's practice and didn't practice at all Friday. CB Byron Maxwell is the only other question mark. He injured his hamstring in the first half against the Cowboys and didn't practice Thursday or Friday.

Inside stuff: The team with the best all-time Monday Night Football winning percentage isn't the Packers, Cowboys or Steelers. It's the Seahawks. Seattle is 17-8 (.680) on Monday Night Football, the highest percentage in the league. The Steelers are second at 39-23 (.629).

Connections: The biggest free-agent signing of the offseason for Seattle was QB Matt Flynn. Of course, before coming to Seattle, Flynn was Rodgers' backup in Green Bay.

Stat you should know: The Seahawks are 2-0 all-time against the Packers on Monday Night Football. The first win came in 1999 when Seattle topped a Brett Favre-led Green Bay team 27-7. The second was in 2006 when Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander rushed for 201 yards in a 34-24 victory. The Seahawks made the playoffs in both 1999 and 2006.

Stat you should know 2: Lynch is the NFL's leading rusher over the past 11 regular-season games with 1,148 yards. He could find some success against a Green Bay team that has the league's 26th-ranked rush defense.

Record watch: The Seahawks have a five-game Monday night winning streak. Seattle hasn't lost on Monday Night Football since December 2004. If the Seahawks beat Green Bay on Monday, their run will be the second longest active winning streak streak in the NFL, second only to New Orleans, who has a seven-game win streak on Monday night.

Looking ahead: After Monday night's game with Green Bay, Seahawks fans will probably want to hold their breath as Seattle hits the road for two straight games -- in St. Louis and Carolina. The road hasn't been kind to the Seahawks lately. They're 6-20 since 2009.

Reading this has even ME believing the Hawks have an edge. :p

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Greg Jennings (groin) is expected to play in Monday night's game against the Seahawks.

Jennings is officially "questionable," but practiced fully on Saturday. Schefter describes Jennings' ailment as "lingering," while FOX's Jay Glazer reported Sunday the Packers were initially worried the injury could sideline their No. 1 receiver upwards of four weeks. Nevertheless, Jennings appears intent on playing at less than 100 percent after sitting out in Week 2. Official word should come down around 7ET this evening. If Jennings suits up, it won't be an easy night against the Seahawks' physical secondary.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Seattle is a tough place to play, but the Packers showed me last week not only that they can win, but they can do it without Rodgers if need be. I don't think it will be a total blowout, but Green Bay will roll to a nice victory.

:Packers: 24

:Seahawks: 17

Hoping Green Bay wins obviously but I'm not so sure now.

Packers declared RB James Starks, WR Jarrett Boykin, TE Tom Crabtree, LBs Terrell Manning and Jamari Lattimore, CB Davon House, and S Sean Richardson inactive for Week 3 against the Seahawks.

Starks is still working his way back from turf toe. House and Crabtree are out with shoulder injuries, while Manning has a concussion.

Seahawks WR Doug Baldwin (shoulder) is among the team's inactives for Week 3.

Baldwin was a nice PPR fantasy player last year while playing in the slot for Seattle, but he has just 13 yards receiving in two games so far and is battling a balky shoulder this week.

The Seahawks also declared OLs James Carpenter and Lemuel Jeanpierre, CBs Byron Maxwell and Danny Gorrer, DT Jaye Howard, and S Winston Guy inactive.

did the Packers' oline decide to take the night off?