BC

Packers @ Seahawks

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick to win?

• Packers
    • Seahawks

Carroll and Tate have both taken some shitty approaches to the post game aftermath. Definitely rubs me the wrong way. They both wear these shit-eating grins while saying stuff like "I don't know what you're talking about. I didn't push off" or "I think it's cool the refs called it a catch. Good call."

Come on. Have the courtesy to be silently happy you were handed a win instead of rubbing salt in the wound.

I am going to sound biased here but Caroll was just excited as he always is besides what do you expect them to do? Tate come out and say that he pushed off and Caroll say they got the play wrong? I don't expect any coach or player to do that even if it is true.

Edited by Sacks98

I am going to sound biased here but Caroll was just excited as he always is besides what do you expect them to do? Tate come out and say that he pushed off and Caroll say they got the play wrong? I don't expect any coach or player to do that even if its true.

I think in this situation it's better if they simply say "Next question" and move on. To glorify yourself in a win just about everyone knows you didn't earn is not a good move.

Especially in Tate's case. Everyone on primetime saw him do it. In slo-mo. In high-def. Yep, that's definitely #81. Give me a break. No one's buying it.

I think in this situation it's better if they simply say "Next question" and move on. To glorify yourself in a win just about everyone knows you didn't earn is not a good move.

Especially in Tate's case. Everyone on primetime saw him do it. In slo-mo. In high-def. Yep, that's definitely #81. Give me a break. No one's buying it.

I am confused about the catch now i thought the call was bad but if you take a look at it in slow motion Tate does seem to get one hand on it question is does he keep the hand on the ball and it's hard to tell.

If your talking about the push off yea i agree should of been pass interference but they brought up the point on NFL Network that rarely ever gets called ever.

Edited by Sacks98

I am confused about the catch now i thought the call was bad but if you take a look at it in slow motion Tate does seem to get one hand on it question is does he keep the hand on the ball and it's hard to tell.

If your talking about the push off yea i agree should of been pass interference but they brought up the point on NFL Network that rarely ever gets called ever.

The topic of possession has been covered pretty extensively in one of the other threads(the one saying the ruling was upheld, I think). But ultimately one hand on the ball in this case is not nearly enough. Jennings had both hands on it the entire time, had the ball clutched to his chest, and maintained solid possession all the way to the ground. The best Tate ever got was one hand on the ball until they hit the ground where he then managed to sneak his other hand in there, which by rule is too late.

And the point that OPI rarely gets called on jump balls is a lot like saying since most people aren't caught for speeding, we should just stop enforcing the law. The sideline referee had a front row seat to that play. I mean, he couldn't have been more than 15 feet away. He was looking directly at the mess of bodies as they went up for it. He couldn't have (or at least shouldn't have) missed that obvious call. The fact that it was not called, and because it held so much weight on the outcome of the game, is why I think the score review process should include the ability to determine if there were any penalties on said play.

The topic of possession has been covered pretty extensively in one of the other threads(the one saying the ruling was upheld, I think). But ultimately one hand on the ball in this case is not nearly enough. Jennings had both hands on it the entire time, had the ball clutched to his chest, and maintained solid possession all the way to the ground. The best Tate ever got was one hand on the ball until they hit the ground where he then managed to sneak his other hand in there, which by rule is too late.

And the point that OPI rarely gets called on jump balls is a lot like saying since most people aren't caught for speeding, we should just stop enforcing the law. The sideline referee had a front row seat to that play. I mean, he couldn't have been more than 15 feet away. He was looking directly at the mess of bodies as they went up for it. He couldn't have (or at least shouldn't have) missed that obvious call. The fact that it was not called, and because it held so much weight on the outcome of the game, is why I think the score review process should include the ability to determine if there were any penalties on said play.

They both had there hands on it when Jennings grabbed it though if you watched carefully Tate grabbed at the ball with his one hand as Jennings was also securing it with his 2 hands.

O well i really can't tell i will just let you guys decide.

Edited by Sacks98

They both had there hands on it when Jennings grabbed it though if you watched carefully Tate grabbed at the ball with his one hand as Jennings was also securing it with his 2 hands.

Yes, but for Simultaneous Catch rule to be in play, they BOTH have to both hands on it, without one person gaining the advantage. This didn't happen. Jennings had the advantage the whole time. The battle for equal possession only tightened up once they were already on the ground.

I've already gone on record saying I agree the call was blown, but I take exception with people like you claiming we didn't "earn" the win. This is exactly what I was worried about last night. Everyone is attacking Seattle over this call like we somehow cheated, and are giving us no credit for the fact that we manhandled Green Bay for the other 59 minutes of the game. In fact it's unlikely the Packers even score the one TD they got if not for a blown call that went THEIR way. Do I hear Packers fans apologizing for that? No. so why should we apologize for the call that went our way? Seattle played like beasts and most definately do "Deserve" to enjoy this win, even if it did come on a blown call. That's on the officials, not us.

Now, that said, do Carroll and Tate need to shut up? Definately. Some dignified restrained enthusiasm is fine, because like it or not, this game went in the books as a Seahawks win, and that gives us every right to be happy about it. People need to stop trying to take away the tremendous effort Seattle put forth in this game.

Edited by Jayrus

I've already gone on record saying I agree the call was blown, but I take exception with people like you claiming we didn't "earn" the win. This is exactly what I was worried about last night. Everyone is attacking Seattle over this call like we somehow cheated, and are giving us no credit for the fact that we manhandled Green Bay for the other 59 minutes of the game. In fact it's unlikely the Packers even score the one TD they got if not for a blown call that went THEIR way. Do I hear Packers fans apologizing for that? No. so why should we apologize for the call that went our way? Seattle played like beasts and most definately do "Deserve" to enjoy this win, even if it did come on a blown call. That's on the officials, not us.

Now, that said, do Carroll and Tate need to shut up? Definately. Some dignified restrained enthusiasm is fine, because like it or not, this game went in the books as a Seahawks win, and that gives us every right to be happy about it. People need to stop trying to take away the tremendous effort Seattle put forth in this game.

People like me, who call it like it is. I have nothing against the work Seattle put into the game. I have nothing against the hard-nosed defense they played to keep GB on their heels in the first half. To be fair, The Packers played a better overall game than the Seahawks in the second half after the adjustments were made, which is why they were leading in the waning minutes.

The difference between the call the Packers got in their favor and the final call is that the former DID NOT determine the outcome of the game. Period. You can speculate all you want that GB wouldn't have scored if they went for it on 4th down, but you don't know. Plain and simple. There is no speculation on the final call. The refs missed a PI on Tate AND gave him the TD when it was certainly a pick. It was decisive. Black and white. Seattle would not have won this game if the correct ruling was made.

That game was the best I've watched all season until the 4th quarter, and I don't blame the Seahawks one bit for how that debacle went down. But the Seahawks did not earn that win. They earned bragging rights to say they stayed in it until the final whistle, and they earned the right to claim they have arguably one of the best defenses in the league, but that's as far as it goes.

I am going to sound biased here but Caroll was just excited as he always...

That's exactly why I can't stand him. Ever since the days that he was at USC, every time he would beat Notre Dame (now I sound biased) he would get that huge smirk on his face and start fist pumping. An in 2005 when the Trojans beat the Irish on a controversial call at the end of the game, he did the same thing. He smirked, fist pumped, and acted like a 5 year old. How interesting to see he is still reacting the EXACT same way in a very similar situation.

After his team lost to the Seattle Seahawks on a controversial final play, McCarthy easily could have let emotion take over, leading him to join our illustrious group. But he stayed composed and collected, just like one would expect from someone in a class-act organization. My hat goes off to McCarthy, along with Packers general manager Ted Thompson and president Mark Murphy.

On the flip side, you can't really blame Seahawks coach Pete Carroll for his reaction, either. Carroll was obviously excited to get a win, which are tough to come by in the NFL. Winning one regular-season matchup can be as exhilarating as winning five in a row in the NBA and 10 straight in baseball.

So sure, Carroll's thrilled to be 2-1 instead of 1-2, and we can't blame him for that. His defense was phenomenal in the first half, and his offense fought hard to keep up in the second. There is no doubt that his players gave their best effort all the way to the final whistle, and Carroll should be proud of that. What else would you expect from him?

Now on to some other observations as we head into Week 4.[/Quote]

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000066382/article/packers-mike-mccarthy-seahawks-pete-carroll-react-well-to-call?module=HP11_content_stream

That's exactly why I can't stand him. Ever since the days that he was at USC, every time he would beat Notre Dame (now I sound biased) he would get that huge smirk on his face and start fist pumping. An in 2005 when the Trojans beat the Irish on a controversial call at the end of the game, he did the same thing. He smirked, fist pumped, and acted like a 5 year old. How interesting to see he is still reacting the EXACT same way in a very similar situation.

That is the thing though he doesn't do it just over bogus calls if you watch him even in his wins not decided by Ref's he jumps up and down that's just his style and he is consistent with it.

Edited by Sacks98