BC

Packers @ Seahawks

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick to win?

• Packers
    • Seahawks

Seahawks are on pace for sixteen sacks in one game.

NFL record is 12, and has been done five times.

for a little perspective, 8 sacks (what the Packers have allowed this half) is more than 19 teams have allowed so far this season, and I'm not even including the three teams that have allowed exactly 8

Seahawks are single-handedly trying to win me a fantasy matchup. Bravo, Seahawks. Bravo.

We run the ball... We moved down the field... Aaron had time to throw.

IMAGINE THAT. Keep doing it.

That last past interference call to extend the drive was a joke of a call. Got to give packers credit though for capitalizing on it.

I fuckin love football yo. This game was good as hell. GJ Seahawks, misery loves company. :yep:

Er... is this game not over yet? lol

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Wait what the hell happened? I've been doing homework all night. FB is going crazy right now.

Prior to the last call, I was disappointed in our offense. Rodgers had no time to complete passes, receivers weren't getting open, and we didn't get the running game established until the second half. I was fairly pleased with our defense and I think they did a great job overall against the Seahawks.

There were bad calls on both sides by the refs. With that being said, the Packers were robbed on the last play of the game. Not only did the refs miss an obvious pass interference call, but Jennings clearly intercepted that ball. I'm glad the Packers walked out after the play was confirmed because it was absolutely ridiculous and the real NFL referees need to return and do their damn job. These return refs are not working out.

PI never gets called on those plays because the refs are all watching the ball because of the exact thing that happened at the end--they need to know who has possession. Anyway, I don't care about the missed PI.

As far as the INT/TD goes, I don't know if simultaneous is at the end of the catch or initially, because Jennings obviously had it with one of Tate's hands on it at first. When they fall to the ground, it's both players with both hands on it with Tate pinned underneath Jennings' shoulder. That's a tough call. That official should be commended for signaling touchdown, and let me tell you why--that guaranteed that the play would be reviewed. That was the right move, no matter how pissed people are about it.

I really am not sure if the officials had any other option if simultaneous is at the end of the play. That's a really really tough call. Does my gut say INT? Yes, but it's a lot closer than people are making it sound.

I cannot believe this game. As happy as I am with our solid play against one of the top teams in the league I have never felt worse about a Seahawks "win" in my life. That was clearly a Jennings int. We should have lost. Mad props to the Pack for being classy about the call. They're my second favorite team, and I feel so dirty right now. I can only pray the League does something about this mess soon, or they are going to have a riot on their hands.

• Upvote 1

On another note, Green Bay missed opportunities all night to break this game open. The Seahawks played good D, but not good enough to hold that offense to 12. No way.

I love Greg Jennings, but seeing Browner just destroy him was hilarious.

On another note, Green Bay missed opportunities all night to break this game open. The Seahawks played good D, but not good enough to hold that offense to 12. No way.

I love Greg Jennings, but seeing Browner just destroy him was hilarious.

If that was a nice, legal hit, I would completely agree with you. He blew him up... But it was a dirty cheap shot, so.. No props from me.

Great 1st half by the Seahawks D... Absolute DOMINATION. That secondary is just so good.

There were bad calls on both sides by the refs. With that being said, the Packers were robbed on the last play of the game. Not only did the refs miss an obvious pass interference call, but Jennings clearly intercepted that ball. I'm glad the Packers walked out after the play was confirmed because it was absolutely ridiculous and the real NFL referees need to return and do their damn job. These return refs are not working out.

This is the maddest I ever seen you get lol. And you aren't even cussing.

Anyways I feel bad for the replacements. They're so in over their head and it's obvious.

Okay time to make a real post-game post.

Why can't our offense play well for an entire half? We got raped through and through during the first half but it's like McCarthy only sees the obvious for one half? We have a decent RB that we picked up why not use him to open things up?

Once he started doing that, we moved the ball. Football 101...

I'm hoping our offense gets better seriously. Because our defense is looking pretty damn good. We were getting all types of stops tonight.

I'm still processing the madness I just witnessed as I write, but I'll start with my take on the game and not the absolutely insane, inept, mind-numbing.... :bag:

I digress...

The Good

- The first half officiating. Beyond that, uggh...moving on.

:Seahawks:

- Something could be said about the relatively underwhelming showing from Wilson, but I think it may have been part of the gameplan to keep his role to a minimum. I felt like he made good decisions with the small amount of breathing room he was given. He especially looked sharp when he was on the move.

- Lynch looked solid, but not much more than that. That said, he looked like he did most of the work. Didn't seem like the line gave him very many holes to work with.

- All week I've been hearing analysts talk about the underrated secondary, and tonight they made a believer out of me. Up until the final quarter, they played about as good a game as one could expect against the reigning MVP. Sherman in particular was my favorite performer.

- Ryan and the punt coverage were awesome. GB's return game was practically non-existent. As a side note, props to Ryan for stepping up and trying to help cool people off down the field after the whistle.

- Sheesh, what a clinic the Clemons/Irvin duo put on in the first half. Yes, the blocking was atrocious, but part of being a good defense is taking those gift-wrapped opportunities and capitalizing. Hats off.

:Packers:

- The Greg Jennings commercials were pretty funny.

- Despite spending half the game on his back, I never saw Rodgers lose his cool with his line, unlike another NFCN QB we know. This is what separates him more than anything else, in my opinion. When he was actually given time to throw in the second half, he looked good as always. And talk about a good sport. He's sitting there giving props to the other team before heading off the field in the final minute.

- Piggybacking on the comment above, they had the most success with those super quick passes off the snap. If I recall, Seattle was only prepared for that type of play once or twice. Props to Clemons for actually managing to get a paw on one of those.

- Solid pass rush and good coverage really made Wilson work for his completions. Not to mention they had not one, but two interceptions taken from them on the final drive...

- Speaking of pass rush, how about Perry chasing down Wilson like that? nicely done.

- Benson looked better in the second half when they finally used him. I think he had more room to work with than Lynch did, too.

- The entire second half offense. They started blocking for Rodgers. They absolutely dominated TOP. I think part of the reason they came back was because of how winded the Seattle D must have been.

The Bad

:Seahawks:

- Sloppy with the penalties, and I don't mean the ones they didn't really earn. They need to tighten it up before the snap.

- The receivers couldn't get much separation tonight. Wilson had very little to work with.

- On top of that, the line should find a way to get Wilson just a little more time in the pocket. He got forced out a lot.

- I don't really know what happened, but in the second half the D either pulled back on the reins a little, or GB's halftime adjustments were that good. Very little pass rush and deep cushions in the secondary became the theme.

:Packers:

- They are lucky Rodgers is still intact after that abysmal first half.

- Lack of a rushing game until the second half.

- Horrible call aside, they needed to find a way to contain Wilson on that final play, and were unable to get it done.

- I don't think anyone realized at the time just how pivotal the almost-catch by Driver would become in the waning moments of the game.

...and the Ugly

- The cheap shot by Browner, followed by the retaliation from Jennings. Clearly tempers were boiling over in this one, and by this point it was just annoying.

- So, until today, I had actually never seen a game given to a team by bad officiating. There was always this dropped pass or that bad play call that I could point to so that the outcome was still justified to some extent in my mind. Not tonight. The refs didn't just give Seattle the keys. They drove them into the endzone. Let's rewind to the outstanding interception by McMillian (who also had an awesome tip early in the game), which was taken away after a terrible roughing the passer penalty. Whatever, shake it off. Then comes the blatant PI on Rice which was turned into defensive PI. Wow. The final straw comes with Tate's obvious pushoff, followed by Jennings having BOTH hands on the ball getting trumped by Tate's ONE hand. Possession goes to Seattle. Ballgame. I don't blame Mike one bit for not wanting to send his boys out there for the most humiliating extra point since the 1998 Bills/Pats game, which I also remember pretty well.

This game was awesome in the first half. Two defenses slugging it out, with great pass coverage on both sides. The grinding comeback in the 3rd by the Pack, and then the circus in the 4th. Between the fighting and the egregious officiating in the most important quarter, I want to forget what I just watched. On an interesting note, I can't help but feel like the locked out refs now officially have the upper hand in this battle of egos and "principles".

I'm not going to argue the terrible calls on Seattle's last drive or two, they were bad. But I'm also not going to pretend the game wouldn't have played out a lot differently had Kam not been egregiously flagged for PI on a clean stop on 3rd down with the Pack at midfield and out of FG range on their eventual TD drive. Not to mention a couple blatant holding non calls on the Pack OL. All in all, one of the worst, if not THE worst officiated game I've witnessed. I feel bad for the Packers, but then again I don't because they got some bogus calls and non calls their way too that led to their TD. We may have been awarded the win, but really no one won, except for the locked out refs. Go fuck yourself, goddell.

Edited by True Blue

With that said, GODDAMN do I love our defense. Arguably #1 in the league, with Arizona right there at #2. NFC West is one tough division this year. :yep: